It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Technique of a Coup d’État

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The technique of a coup d’état, more recently also referred to as "coloured revolution", finds its origins in an abundant bibliography dating back to the beginning of the 20th century. It was successfully applied by the U.S. neo-conservatives to set the stage for "regime change" in a number of former Soviet republics. However, the technique backfired when it was tried in a different cultural environment (Venezuela, Lebanon, Iran). John Laughland, who reported on some of these operations for the Guardian, sheds new light on this phenomenon.

The Technique of a Coup d’État by John Laughland*

Happy new year

Other related articles :

« Color revolution » fails in Iran

Hillary Clinton admits the USA manipulated the Iranian "green revolution"

Iran/Nicaragua : Hillary Clinton’s new lie

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting subject. The US itself has come close to experincing this on several occasions. Some say Seward and Chase were planning to pull a coup and oust Lincoln at one point during the Civil War. And then about a century later, there is some strong evidence that the top Pentagon brass (especially the circle around Gen. Curits LeMay) contemplated taking forced control of the country from Kennedy in the midst of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There may be more examples but those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. And, come to think of it, it just so happens that those two particular presidents both ended their careers in exactly the same way...hmmm...

[edit on 1/5/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't think they will ever need to use the coup d'état in our western country : they have the TOTAL control : and they "will" not lose it.

(but things change)

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

(...)

join