It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is a symbol for God!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You would have made a good shaman a couple thousand years ago.
But in all candor, the sun has been worshiped----especially around December 22---since before cities were invented.
Funny, innit? Just how many belief systems revolve around the end of December.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

While I don't believe there is a God, doesn't the bible say that God created everything?
I actually agree with you, though. I think christianity is a warped version of older, more primitive religions from various cultures, and your theory makes sense when you take in to consideration that a lot of primitive cultures used to worship the sun as a god.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by captaintyinknots

More than likely propaganda? I would suggest actually watching the film and then researching, trust me after the 1st was complete and total crap, and it is, just look at the blatant lies in the historical references, I took the time to research what they said about the dollar and the economy and the Fed, etc..

And it's all more verifiable. I will agree there is a lot of fear mongering involved, but that's almost needed, people need to be scared to change thigns. Being mad works better, but Americans are so damn complacent.

~Keeper

Ugh, wow, just wow. Ive seen them both. I dont need to trust you(and by the way, saying 'trust me' is the cry of a guilty sole).

I love that you are all about advocating fear mongering.

Your alliance is exposed.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard666
be a stupid sun?

A stupid sun? What??

The Sun is responsible for life on this planet. It may aswell BE GOD, for it provides everything here. It's also a fascinating 'object' in its own right. There is nothing stupid about the sun... sheesh.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maybe God- is the universe and the Sun is his SON... (just a thought)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
jesus is the LIGHT of the world? nice thought alpha

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Google: "The sun god" click images. See how many other cultures and religions also think that our sun is a god. Yes I said A GOD as I personally think there is more than one god.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What constitutes a "god" in various cultures varies, but the important pattern is that the Sun is recognized as a very important spiritual body that maintains physical life on Earth, which it obviously does.

It is an excellent metaphor for the creative and nourishing aspects of the universe because that's exactly what it does. It creates nourishing energy for us.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Welcome to the Babylonian mystery religions (same used by freemasons and catholicism-----sun/saturn/satan worship), which will take you straight to d*mnation if you don't repent and come to Jesus brother.

Think, think, think....while you still have time.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne
Welcome to the Babylonian mystery religions (same used by freemasons and catholicism-----sun/saturn/satan worship), which will take you straight to d*mnation if you don't repent and come to Jesus brother.

Think, think, think....while you still have time.

Says the person who thinks the following:

1. Catholicism isn't Christianity.
2. The Sun = Saturn
3. The Sun = Satan
4. Jesus loves everyone but if you don't believe in him you'll suffer for eternity.

What color is the sky/ground in the universe you come from?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Says the person who thinks the following:

1. Catholicism isn't Christianity.
2. The Sun = Saturn
3. The Sun = Satan
4. Jesus loves everyone but if you don't believe in him you'll suffer for eternity.

What color is the sky/ground in the universe you come from?

to me this makes no sense at all

how does the sun = Saturn?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If it makes anyone feel better
the sun is my god
and it rocks as a god.
It gives me a tan, and gets me warm and gets me ... yheahh.. you know.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The Sun is used to represent a god, even to this day.

I'll leave it up to you to work out which one...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join