It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is a symbol for God!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
in my opinion GOD is the SUN, let me tell you why

The sun: gives us light, seasons, LIFE, warmth, a place to live, energy, Food, Weather, and The beauty of Earth,

God: sent the LIGHT of the world, Created Seasons, terra, flora, Earth, Life and Energy as well

i just was thinking about this and found it interesting in my head, to Me the Sun is there to remind us of who the Creator is, or maybe he is Inside the SUN

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Nope. Sorry. But he made it. The reason he made it is so I don't have to freeze ALL the time

Come on ... why should an almighty, all-loving, all-knowing perfect being of pure mind ... be a stupid sun? A sun is sure cool for something as small as us but for him it's less than a grain of sand.

If you are looking for your creator observe what he does for you. Slow down. He is always right in front of your eyes.

Namaste,

Deckard

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
thats a good point. maybe the creator made the sun to symbolize himself?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nice thread !!

Sounds reasonable.

There are a few but's flying around in my head right now.

Are deepsea creatures, found around vulcanic chimny's, created by another God then ?
Cause they live totally undependent from the sun and have another form of energy to live from.

And what about the moon ?
Without it we wouldn't have any seasons. The moon keaps the earth's axes stable you now.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Haha I'm assuming my remark in the other thread brought this up.. So I'll have to say it again for the sake of everyone else:

The sun is only one of the elements that "gives us life". In reality, the sun is a toxic radioactivity emitting beast. It only is able to "give us life" because our earth has an incredible dynamo effect created by the opposite rotation of the iron core from the crust, that in turn creates the protective magnotosphere 'force field' that literally "fights back" against the solar wind.

Without this force field, the atmosphere would literally be blown away, out into outer space, all of the water would evaporate, not to mention life as we no it would not be possible because of the immense amounts of toxic radiation.

To say that "the sun gives life" is false. The earth "gives life" just as much or more than the sun. Not only does the earth provide the protective force-field, it also gives us water (which we are mostly made of), it gives us nutrients (the other part we are made of), it gives us trees to make houses of, and metal to make tools to make houses, etc.

Without any of those things, we would be pretty screwed (although maybe a mud hut wouldn't be too bad).

Why did you lie in the other thread, when I pointed out your contradiction? You said you weren't advocating worshipping a pagan "sun god". But here you are, saying those exact words almost.

How can you quote Jesus Christ in your signature and advocate pagan idol worship? Who did Jesus worship? (Well, some people say himself, but who did he actually pray too? Was it the "sun"? Or the Father)

If you believe in God, you don't believe that God created the sun? Instead, you want to worship the Sun, instead of it's creator?

What about the other trillions of stars out there? Should we worship them to?
Or only ours, because it happens to help us the most.

Your argument is lacking.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Ohh No!

Somebody just watched Zeitgeist...

Of course it's sun worship, it always has been...not today obviously since men realized there isn't a floating city in the sky...

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I believe you have that backwards. The sun is not a symbol for god. The idea of god is the symbol for the sun.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yes i meant it wrong!!! i think the sun its god symbol to us of him maybe

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Zeitgeist is disinformation, lies, and propaganda from the "mystery school" think tank in order to have this very effect.

Quite sad that people actually fall for their lies.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I agree, and it's not even good quality lies either.

Now the second Zeitgeist was fantastic and pretty much on the button, sept for a few fear mongering tactics they used, and that whole Venus Project BS, but the first was complete hogwash.

~Keeper

[edit on 1/5/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Humans have deified the sun since the beginning of time. Certainly since the beginning of agriculture.

Ask yourself this question...what do you think the halo signifies in Christian art and symbolism?

It's the sun!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love it. I'm not a huge advocate of the movies, as they are just another way to tell people what to think, but you guys are classic.

The first Zeitgeist, according to you guys, is garbage. Now, many facts from that movie are verifiable. But hey, who needs facts.

But the second one is spot on. Even though most of that entire film is fear mongering and misinformation.

Classic.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

OK. Maybe you weren't aware but most disinformation is 99% truth. They throw in the LIES about religion, with the truth about everything else, so that you'll actually believe everything they say.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a halo is a pagan symbol, that has no real meaning

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You could look at water and be just as amazed: we drink it, we bathe in it, it provides cooling on a hot summer day, it provides power to heat and cool our homes, we are borne from water, our bodies are over 90 percent water, but water isn't God -- Just further proof that there IS a God.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I also came to the conclusion that the Sun is the best metaphor for "God" in our entire solar system, with maybe only the except of the background "vacuum" that exists in between everything in our system.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

OK. Maybe you weren't aware but most disinformation is 99% truth. They throw in the LIES about religion, with the truth about everything else, so that you'll actually believe everything they say.

You are a very snotty character.

As I said, most of the first film is verifiable. And any researcher knows to follow up and not just take things as fact.

But you advocate for the second film, which is, more than likely, pure propaganda.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
what the heck is this film? ive never even heard of it

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

More than likely propaganda? I would suggest actually watching the film and then researching, trust me after the 1st was complete and total crap, and it is, just look at the blatant lies in the historical references, I took the time to research what they said about the dollar and the economy and the Fed, etc..

And it's all more verifiable. I will agree there is a lot of fear mongering involved, but that's almost needed, people need to be scared to change thigns. Being mad works better, but Americans are so damn complacent.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

The sun is a mediocre star described perfectly well by astrophysics. Use Occam's Razor, shave god off and wash the filth down the drain.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join