It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Pelosi Ream Obmaa for Going Back On His Word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Should Pelosi Ream Obmaa for Going Back On His Word?
White House just releases information on Gitmo. Obama decides to suspend
closing Camp Gitmo and not to transfer any more Yemeni enemy combatants
back to Yemen. Speaker Pelosi has been most adamant on closing Gitmo Pelosi comes from the “Sanctuary City” of San Francisco. Pelosi’s constituents are admit on closing, on what they call, an unconstitional prison camp. Even the speaker has made public
her feelings on the “ torture” that has been happening at Gitmo. Shouldn’t Pelosi, remain true to her word, and admonish The Obama administration, for going back on his word?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
O.k. that's not a visual I wanted.
However, I think Nancy has enough irons in the fire right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think in a perfect world, yes she should. That said we must remember politics is a career rather than a public service. She will respond or not based on how good it will be for her personally. Sad but I think thats way things go.
I wonder how much power Obama truly has to close Gitmo. I imagine there are lobbyists and people with entrenched interests that would make it difficult if he even truly wanted to. Does a president really have much power? I don't know but it seems a ceremonial role given the number of things, those running, say they'd like to do at election time but then once in power very little happens.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Rather than wasting another minute of this nations time telling Obama or anyone else anything, I think it would be much wiser that Pelosi resigned and stepped down.

Other than that, I think shes nice.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Pelosi is a snake...What word does she have the she has ever followed through with? As usual she's wrong in my opinion...I hope I don't offend the one or two Pelosi fans out there in the entire internet.

Obama's done nothing yet as usual...Pelosi doesn't give two damns about these people anyways...she just wants to be praised for something for her career.

I personally think this whole entire government has just failed epically. It truly is a puppet-government.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Shouldn't you change the title to

"Should the American people ream Obama for not doing anyhting he promised"

Now that would be interesting. Pelosi is just as crooked as the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To all of the above responders to my OP, A Star to you. Your open mindedness and clarity of thought speak well and complement this thread. You all have contributed well to this thread.

new topics

top topics

join