It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives planted on man to test airport security

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Explosives planted on man to test airport security

news.bbc.co.uk

Irish police have released a man held over an explosives find, after Slovakian authorities admitted planting them in his luggage.

The explosive was one of eight pieces of contraband placed with unsuspecting passengers at Bratislava Airport last weekend, broadcaster RTE reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is crazy, Slovakian authorities admitting to planting explosives on people as they travel across the skies, this is dreadful

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thats the best way to test the TSA to see if their doing the job right.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58544b52ae16.jpg[/atsimg]
Slovakia huh magine that was his name robert? And f they did not find it? and they did not till Ireland?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Whoever the man was, I hope he's due some kind of compensation for his experience, I imagine the Irish Police aren't exactly friendly towards people carrying explosives.

It must have been at least a Slovak-Irish joint operation, possibly Europe wide, or this is going to cause serious arguments between intelligence services.

Sendran.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiXx84
Thats the best way to test the TSA to see if their doing the job right.

that is as long as it isn't your luggage they test them with right?

I think they should have their own people doing these drills. If the civilian involved was hurt in any way, the lawsuits would be large and plentiful.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
who cares, these stupid machines wouldn't even have caught the crotch bomber

already outdated technology, govt. cannot handle airport security or even sharpening a pencil

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to test the hypothesis that if a civilian/s were involved there would be a lawsuit. The way things are going I suspect the civilians would not find out who was responsible.

How funny we get to hear about it from the Irish

And they confiscated my nail clippers when boarding and they put this sort of stuff on planes !@!! Crazy is a mild word to describe this.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by shakespear1]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe next time they don't release the person, and instead detonate the explosives, have them fail, ground the plane and then put them into custody, link them to Al-who-ever-da and have them spend the rest of there lives in stress positions listening to non stop US cock-rock

they could set anyone up

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

This is in Europe, not the USA. People are not as litigious in Europe.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LiXx84

Has nothing to do with the TSA. The TSA does thier own "testing" of agents.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This has happened before!
I remember reading a story a few years ago (post 9/11) about a guy on a US internal flight who, after arriving home and opening his checked bag, found a handgun sitting in the bag.
Turned out it was placed in his bag as part of a training exercise, only those taking part lost track of the bag completely. This has also happened with other items / substances.

It is one thing to use dummy luggage for such exercises, but I for one find it totally unacceptable that they use passengers luggage for this purpose. The consequences could be very nasty indeed for some poor innocent traveler.

I have, on several occasions informed screeners, whern they rattle off the usual questions at check-in, that yes, I packed my own bag and it has been in my possession ever since..... up to this point!
Maybe we should be asking check-in staff to sign our own waivers and accepting responsibility for any contraband, or other items, subsequently found after the luggage has left our possession.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is example of how not to test stuff. Planting explosives (even "safe" ones) on unsuspecting civilian and then loosing him and failing to stop explosives from getting on the plane.....
A lot of things could go wrong. And personally i would hate to be that poor man who went through very very uncomfortable moments. Courtesy of Slovakian security. I do not know if the lawsuit was filed, but i do hope that they at least appologized.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

is it only in the US that people will sue McDonlads for making them fat?
Why must we put up with all the lawyers? Spread them around.

BTW do you know what you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shakespear1

Isn't that kinda like...

A SUNDAY Express investigator exposes a deadly lapse in airport security – carrying a syringe on a jet bound for Heathrow Airport just FIVE DAYS after the Christmas Day terror attack.

PLANE CRAZY: WE CARRY A SYRINGE ON JET AT TERROR AIRPORT

Thanks for that!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So Slovakian authorities planted explosives with unsuspecting passengers and then sent them off on their travels?

Is this a WTF moment or not?

Couldn't they just use one of their agents? Or do they not have any, and just use whatever dupe they come across?

Maybe next time they don't release the person, and instead detonate the explosives, have them fail, ground the plane and then put them into custody, link them to Al-who-ever-da and have them spend the rest of there lives in stress positions listening to non stop US cock-rock

Looks like little Slovakia is starting to grow up, maybe they'll give Big Brother (the USA) a run for his money some day...

BTW do you know what you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Since no one else answered.

A drop in a the **** bucket.

A start.

The beginning of a good thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

a good start.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Attempts to get comment from officials at airlines based in the U.K. and Ireland were unsuccessful. In a conversation with two other airline executives, one at Air Canada, the other with Delta Airlines, both condemned how passengers were used like laboratory test subjects. Delta’s executive (who does not want to be identified) stated; “I am not aware of this incident or type of training in the U.S. But as if we don’t have enough problems as it is with an understandably, very irritated passengers- then this happens? It’s unacceptable.” A senior executive who also does not want to be identified at Air Canada’s commented; “If this story is true, the public already lacks confidence in airport security, why would they even try this on passengers who are nervous flying, especially overseas and long distance flights. In all my years of experience, this is without a doubt, the dumbest thing I have heard occur. The timing is incredibly idiotic!” He went on to state; “Had we been notified about this kind of exercise, I would have said - not without telling our passengers you don’t and I would strongly recommend against doing so in the first place. I would also ask why they don’t use their own test subjects from the police force.”

government.zdnet.com...

Not sure about the source, never heard of it

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
...no one else is concerned that the government of a country just admitted to planting weapons on innocent unsuspecting people? Also another thing to think about if they admitted to planting explosives on people, what else do they plant on people? Is this regular practice or was this someone's brilliant one time only (we swear!) idea? First thing that came to mind reading this story: Schapelle Corby.

And who the # is Slovakia to be testing international airport security? They need to stick to turning out good hockey players and inferior cars. What exactly is the difference between this and a prelude to war?

...Kind of need some answers on this one as this really makes uneasy and pissed off.

And the only way to test a TSA employee is to give them a cheese wedge and rub their bellies. TSA is literally the most worthless government agency there is... well except maybe behind the DEA, CIA, ATF... and all the other three letter liberty #ers our lovely government keeps us safe with.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join