It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something in the water weakening our minds? Or is humanity inherently flawed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Do you ever notice that American's reading comprehension level is almost non-existent now-a-days? People read one thing, but they only retain what their mind wants to think was said, not what was said at all. It's like their brain is half way turned off.

Do you ever notice that barely anybody can speak publicly today without a bunch of "ums", pauses, verbal screw ups, etc? It seems that when I watch videos of people in normal conversation in the 60s / 70s, or even debates and speaches, they seemed a lot "snappier" mentally, and their train of thought was much clearer. Ever listen to a speech from Kennedy? They relied a lot less on teleprompters to feed them every word. They actually had a "memory" back then, it seems.

Does it ever seem like Americans think that all the real "thinking" should be left up to the "scientists", or the politicians, or anybody but them?

Does anybody notice that the mainstream news talks to us like pre-schoolers, with a monosyllabic vocabulary and a patronizing tone of voice that is reminiscent of an adult talking to a baby?

So, my real question is, because I'm only 25 years old, I can't tell if humanity has always been this mentally challenged, or if it's a new development?

If it's a new development (or getting worse), what do you think the causes are? TV? Drugs? Social programming? Lack of Education? Something in the water supply? The artificial crap in foods? Chemtrails? The insane amount of vaccinations for the youth? Maybe D: all of the above?

BTW, I'm not claiming to be any better than the rest, my train of thought jumps around when speaking, always saying "ums", etc. I just want to know if anyone else notices it. I don't think I'm "smart", I'm just witnessing humanity's flaws. Maybe we've always been this dumb. Maybe that's why TPTB think that we need to be treated like sheep, and they are our masters.

Truthfully, I've lost all hope for humanity. I mean, for Christ sake we're on a conspiracy message board, yet a majority of the people here actually back up the government's actions on every account. The social programming has been going on too long, and is too deeply entrenched in the minds of the public to simply change. People's egos do not let them shift paradigms easily. Americans are too "cocky" and think they are informed on an issue because they saw a pre-school-esque blurb on CNN for 20 seconds.

When the USA falls (and it will fall eventually), there will be nobody to blame but ourselves, just like the citizens living in Nazi Germany could not blame the propaganda when their country finally fell; they could only blame themselves. Sure they were lied to, but in reality we all have brains, and the burden is on us all to actually use them.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i think humans in general have always been flawed, the fact that we only use 10 percent of our brains, may be it. i do know that many many water sources can have an effect on memory and comprehension though

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Trust me, the Water is fine:

Seriously, I've been distilling my water supply for years and I,m still going nuts!

I now blame the Sun

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
you are blaming the sun? no my friend you should worship the sun
it gives you life!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good point:

Is your drinking water safe? Answer: NO.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by Choronzon]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
you are blaming the sun? no my friend you should worship the sun
it gives you life!!!!!

Not to derail the thread but how can you quote Jesus in your signature and then tell someone to unequivocally "worship the sun", a PAGAN god?

Don't forget that the sun does not only give energy, but the solar wind is toxic and our earth would not even have an atmosphere if it wasn't for the protective magnetosphere created by the dynamo created by the iron core spinning oppositely from the crust. So it seems like the earth gives life too. And we're made from water, so I guess we should worship that too?

How about we worship the one who created all those things, if we choose to worship, not the things themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i didnt meant :worship" in a pagan way, no i meant be thankful for the sun

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi.

I get what you mean.

Maby the problem nowadays is that we rely to much on technology whitch does the hard work for us.
We don'have to remember or calculate annything ourselves. We just let a computer do it for us.

Politician have speech writers etc.

We don't have to think about and remember stuf. So our brain is getting used to it and eventualy we will lose the capability.
I,m worried for the future.

Oh and, not to forget.
We are being mislead and kept stupid bij tptb. So we are better to control.

I,m 27 by the way.

Ciao !!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I understand what you meant, as for derailing a threat, well you can blame me for that, in all seriousness, I've always wondered about all the additives in our water supply and the preservatives in our food, I mean, why put preservatives in wine? doesn't the alcohol stop it from tainting?
Do these things contribute to the demise of our brains? maybe, personally I think we are entering a new "conscience age" were we will perceive things differently, possibly why the ancients spent more time on building megaliths atuned to the Heavens than inventing a Toyota or IBM, different thinking equals different goals, not because of I.Q as we have been taught.

Ahh well, like I said, too much Sun were I am

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From a biological standpoint, I'm not sure how detrimental the sun is on our brains. People used to be out in the sun a lot more than they are today, but on the other hand, our magnetosphere is weakening and letting more radiation in. I suppose that radiation (which penetrates the brain) could be having an effect.

It definitely can't be ruled out, you're right.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i only drink water from mountain streams!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi seattletruth,

It's many, many reasons. Yes, we're all being dumbed down from multiple vectors. As I'm sure you're aware, the water contains fluoride, chlorine, pathogens, & heavy metals. Surely this has some effects on our neurochemistry.

The food is also tainted. Think about how much tap water is used to make the produce we consume?! Plus, we have GM foods, which are doing god knows what to us internally. Heavy metals have made their way into our soils over they years via factories.

Another way is the various pathogens which have been dispersed on humanity over the last several decades. Lab leaks do occur, and governments are known to use their unsuspecting civilian population as guinea pigs. Militarized mycoplasma, prions, & stealth viruses come to mind off the bat. Candida is now thought to be in most of the population. Superbugs are on the rise, and contaminate the water supply.

Then theirs the conspiracy about public education. We know schooling has been dumbed down over the years. We use to have the majority of innovations coming from the U.S. Those days are long gone.

Also worth noting is how plastics and pesticides disrupt the endocrine system. Since the introduction of plastics ~65 years ago, our testosterone and sperm counts have been more than halved on average. Sperm quality is correlated with intelligence. Hormones are chemical messengers which link the various bodily systems efficiently.

Electromagnet radiation via cell phone towers, the new wi-max, computers, etc, etc, are surely disurpting the body as well. Oh yes, the air itself is polluted with myco and heavy metals (chemtrails or just human activity accelerating evolution ??) .

All of this adds up to a dumbed down, nutrient deprived, overly toxic, & consequently apathetic public. If you think independently; if you are able to hold a conversation without slurring, all the um's, like's, etc...you're basically thought of as a genius these days. It's pathetic. People need to take responsibility for their selves. Need to be informed of what is wrong with their internal chemistry, and what they can do to clean their systems out. I was on my deathbed just a couple years ago. Thought process all mucked up. Started researching, applied various health techniques, and now people think I'm a genius just for being able to think clearly. Bizarre!

new topics

top topics

join