It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Damn I hate when this happens, I downloaded a video right now and my media player(s) won't let me advance further to wherever I want in the movie. It will only allow me to watch the movie from beginning to end. Why does it do this and what can I do so that I can watch the movie from wherever I want, and not from beginning to end. Thanks.:bnghd:

P.S. So far I've used Divx and Windows Media Player 9.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My best bet is the videop player itself. Have you tried a differnt media player?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've seen that with some particular movie files, and I must admit, I never found any way to do what you want to do. I think it's how the movie is encoded. I don't think it's the movie player you use.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes thats the microsoft thing..they locked it..I ve got a wmv file ( music ) I can�t fast fowarding , lol, this song..I think its encoded with a microsoft codec..lets go to RANT section with that, lol

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mauigateway
Yes thats the microsoft thing..they locked it..I ve got a wmv file ( music ) I can�t fast fowarding , lol, this song..I think its encoded with a microsoft codec..lets go to RANT section with that, lol

WMV is Video...not music. Music is WMA.

Iv gotten this on a few videos, I just convert it to MPG and it lets me fastforward fine.

top topics

join