It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rights and Tea Party Activists Encourage People To Bring Guns To New Mexico Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You bring a good point Janky. Although I wouldn't call it a 'false flag'. Think back to the "Boston Massacre". Although I am beginning to think everyone here would claim that was the government too

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Well they are tea party activists, so...

Why don't you finish your blatant generalization......or have you run out of paint for that broad brush of yours?

Oh and before you even have a chance. I am not, never have been, nor will I ever bee a "Tea Party" activist. Just someone has to point out the obvious over-generalization that some of you people make

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

We do have a right to bear arms in this nation, my husband would not go anywhere without his, we are living in dangerous times this days.

Is nothing wrong with asking protesters that have license to carry to bring weapons to a rally, after all they were protesting Gun rights.

So I see nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain he's just making a joke for an easy laugh.

there are genralizations like "oh those wacky teabaggers" and there are generalizations like "they're all McVeighs and need to be stopped."

I didn't get the impression of the latter from his joke. Which isn't to say he doesn't believe the latter. Just says I didn't find enough evidence in his joketo conclude that he does indeed believe the latter.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Why don't you finish your blatant generalization......or have you run out of paint for that broad brush of yours?

Oh and before you even have a chance. I am not, never have been, nor will I ever bee a "Tea Party" activist. Just someone has to point out the obvious over-generalization that some of you people make

That's a joke son, you missed it.

Evidenced by the
at the end.

The right to bear arms in this country also comes with the responsibility to handle those firearms with respect and caution.

Bringing them to a rally as a point of intimidation is not responsible. The massive amount of anger some of these people have towards any government figure makes the idea that they have a loaded weapon on them that much more dangerous.

Sure they have the right, but are they responsible enough for that right?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Sorry to say this to you my friend but if the person have a license to carry a gun I am sorry to say they have the law behind them to carry their weapons anywhere they go that is permitted by law.

Nobody has the right to determine by seen protesters and government dissenters if that persona have the right to bear arms, because you may think is intentions in their minds could be dangerous.

As long as they have a permit and a license they have that right regardless what we may think of their abilities to control themselves.

We are humans after all and human behavior is unpredictable but that doesn't mean we can not trust those around us specially if you yourself have weapon for defense.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Of course, I completely understand, and I would assume that the vast majority of those armed protesters would be the responsible kind of person. Although it only takes one nutcase in the room to cause a lot of death.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The responsible bit I am in total agreement. Same could be said though about people behind the wheel of a car......

Overall, gun-owners (the ones that are your every day citizen) are highly responsible. Just as majority of automobile operators are highly responsible. In all things there is an amount of risk that either we, personally incur or as a society incur.

My earlier response was mostly a carry-over from the silly CuriousSkeptic and the "they must be rednecks" and "double-digit IQ", thus they are "teabaggers".....quotes for effect, not quoting anyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yeah, but your forget you are dealing with Free Masons, and they love playing games with words, just look at our law system.

You do not have the right to own property, you do not have the right to carry firearms (the term firearm is not mentioned in the 2nd amendment), the list can go on and on what you are privilaged to have and have not.

I got the word bear and bare mixed up that is true, i appologize. Altough I was just trying to clarify what the 2nd amendment really offers, which isn't much.

Though come to think of it i never really addressed the main topic of the thread.

Guns should not be present in a protest, there is always the possibilty of an accidental miss fire of the gun or a riot breaks out, maybe because of the police.

You never know what could happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join