It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rights and Tea Party Activists Encourage People To Bring Guns To New Mexico Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think curious skeptic summed up my feelings. I am with you 100% on keeping our rights. I am a collector and a shooter. I just feel with the right to bear arms also comes the responsibility to do so safely whenever possible. In this one case, I feel that having everyone bring yer gun an make sure it's loaded, may not be the safest way to have a protest. In this case I am glad I was wrong. Being right would have been bad for our cause in ways we haven't yet imagined.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The whole "The sky is falling, a black man is president" sounds like satire from an agent provocateur. Imagine infiltrating a group you want to paint in a bad light and have that sign?
Here's the video and I didn't see any signs like that.
At any rate, the ONLY coverage tea parties get from media, is NOT CONTENT, only the worst light they can paint it in!
Remember the INGENIOUS protests against Bush? I mean it was like a MENSA march.
Although I wanted to go to many of them, but was too poor to take off work or pay for gas to get to one.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

A: Do you know they are rednecks? I lived in Alamogordo for 5 years and I can tell ya, not many 'rednecks' there. There is a diverse amount of people there mainly because of the three large military bases (Holloman, White Sands, and the one in TX I cannot remember) in close proximity.

B: Do you know they all have double-digit IQs? What if they did? Does that make you superior and more knowledgeable that your IQ is higher?

I do not understand the call to bring your guns, but I do not think they are overstepping anything by making that call. Loaded is a bit questionable. One rarely has a round chambered unless they mean business and at a peaceful rally, one wouldn't need to have any ammunition.

More of a display of rights and that they will exercise them.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't think that there is anything wrong with this. However, it is a purposeful attempt at intimidation.

Fact of the matter is, if I were there, I would bring a few firecrackers just to prove how nutty these people really are.

How much you want to bet one firecracker went off at this thing it would turn into a bloodbath?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

“the sky is falling! A black man is president!”

Is it any surprise no one takes these idiots seriously?

But aside from that I say good on them. I'm all about the 2nd Amendment and the freedom of firearm ownership. I personally wouldn't want to be in that group of rednecks because double-digit IQs and live ammo aren't a good mix, but I support their right to do it.

Wow every thread I see you post in you say about the same thing. You have way more hate than any of the people you are so quick to condemn. Your arguments are always weak and not based in the facts but personal truth. The only thing I can figure because you always make it personal is that you are a shill or a paid poster one of the two maybe both. Why not really earn that paycheck and get some facts to back up your argument or even god forbid just try and not make it so personal.

You act like you are so far above everyone that disagrees with you but instead of using facts you use propaganda of the worst kind. I find it kind of ironic you question peoples intelligence and then use arguements only and idiot would feel good about using.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I would hope someone did that whatukno.

You know the saying about yelling fire in a theatre.

SOP for you I guess.

reply to post by Clearskies

Someone earlier today said that the people in Iran are shown on TV as protesting the corrupt government, here they are said to be revolutionaries and teabaggers.

Lie much MSM. Sad really.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
To the OP you say well I am a gun owner and I believe in the 2nd amendment but... Do you even realize by saying that you are not for the 2nd amendment as it is written? This whole story is propaganda and it is just like the crazy racist redneck who brought the gun to the health care forum. And in the end it turned out to be a black guy. I think America is seeing this whole progressive movement for what it truly is and that is why the lies and smear campaign has started. But I hate to tell you the facts and the truth will always win in the end. And you can take that to the bank.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
To the OP you say well I am a gun owner and I believe in the 2nd amendment but... Do you even realize by saying that you are not for the 2nd amendment as it is written? This whole story is propaganda and it is just like the crazy racist redneck who brought the gun to the health care forum. And in the end it turned out to be a black guy. I think America is seeing this whole progressive movement for what it truly is and that is why the lies and smear campaign has started. But I hate to tell you the facts and the truth will always win in the end. And you can take that to the bank.

Well if you would be fair you might see BOTH sides are complicit in lies and smears, but if you have not recognized this on your own you might not ever. Could also be that you
do not care...

To the OP-

My concern is a bit more paranoid in its reasoning...

I believe such a congregation is a perfect place to kick off a horrible bloody rift, either side could use it as a platform to launch a "false flag", "double false flag", hell TPTB could use it - As subjective truth so righteously demonstrated - one side would blame the other and give half a crap about anything but SIDE, emotions and identification. IMO opinion this would be the BEST way to throw this country into chaos, war, death...

Hope not

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
To the OP you say well I am a gun owner and I believe in the 2nd amendment but... Do you even realize by saying that you are not for the 2nd amendment as it is written?

Huh? How so? I got a 12 guage, a .410, 2 .38s, a .306, a 30-30 saddle gun and a bunch of .22 that might prove you wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Good call Janky.

It looks like someone has whipped them up here by the rhetoric flying around.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

To the OP-

My concern is a bit more paranoid in its reasoning...

I believe such a congregation is a perfect place to kick off a horrible bloody rift, either side could use it as a platform to launch a "false flag", "double false flag", hell TPTB could use it - As subjective truth so righteously demonstrated - one side would blame the other and give half a crap about anything but SIDE, emotions and identification. IMO opinion this would be the BEST way to throw this country into chaos, war, death...

Hope not

Yeah I hope not too. Or it could start purely by accident like network dude said some drunk could show up and prove how macho he is with his piece and plug someone in attendance and it could spin out of control in a heart beat.

However I'll bet dollars to donuts that there were plenty of feds in attendance in Alamogordo pretending to be good ole boys; Just like they are in antiwar demonstrations.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Or if someone goes to it and throws firecrackers like someone here suggested.

Comments like that have to stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ya guys, the 2nd and gun control was my first "conversion" here on ATS, I really got the
idea and changed my entire perspective on the whole thing.

But I worry, does not matter who "does it", a place with firearms and anger (towards the government) is a very good place to manipulate a whole lotta shootin, then lines will be drawn, defined and not good...

You could blame it on

the government
PTB
LIBERALS
RIGHTIES
TERRORISTS

whatever, DOES NOT MATTER

point is there will be no turning back, Exactly how street gangs operate, reason be damned, reasons forgotten, KILL KILL KILL - we are humans, this would play right into
our basic design and create a perfect storm.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I can't believe most of the demeaning remarks. The nerve, rednecks,double digit IQs. flexing their collective little muscles etc. I especially love the "What if scenarios "
I am a gun owner and I do not approve!!!!!! A big rousing so what ! It was a peaceful expression of how they feel about current government policies. Surprise ! No what if nonsense, no wanton disregard for peoples safety , No drunkin crazoids , no law breakers. I swear, I think some of you folks hope for an imagined poor showing. Simply to wallow in orgasmic delight over " I told you ! Welcome to America ! Deal with it.
" New Mexico is an Open Carry State, meaning it is legal to carry a loaded weapon as long as it is not concealed. However, it is not legal to carry any firearm in any federal building, school, state building, or licensed liquor establishment. It is the responsibility of the person carrying the firearm to be informed as to when/where carrying is prohibited." New Mexico Dept of Public Safety.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
===== Please delete mods -------

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Ceptor10]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

"replace the communists in DC” and “the sky is falling! A black man is president!”

Haha, wound't say this is to far from the truth!!!

I can respect the idea of ensuring a completely free and "ungoverned" second amendment. Not in the sense of complete chaos and guns for everyone... But more so how our founding fathers would have intended it!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
thinkprogress.org...

I'm all for 2nd amendment rights as a gun owner myself but this seems a bit extreme and threatening.

I live in Northern NM and I'm not to suprised at the attitudes displayed in Alamogordo; a very conservative area.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by whaaa]

I find attitudes like this creepy. Bone chilling, gut twisting , creepy! It is disconcerting that attitudes like this still exist in this day and age. I feel this apprehension of mine must be similar to what the clear thinking Germans felt in 1940. A time when things and undeniably changed for the worse and you could either see it or you were a party member.

The second amendment means nothing when you lack the courage to employ it. When you ask for others to keep their guns at home you lend support to its repeal. When you invent stories about possible drunks you become the arm of the anti gun lobby, helping those opposed to second amendment rights by demonizing a responsible gun owners with "the lone nut" theory. I don't know man, maybe you should consider selling your own gun. If you can't carry it then it's not much use to you.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Flakey]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I used your own words, carefully re-read what I wrote and what you wrote it has nothing to do with how many guns you have we are talking about the 2ND amendment please go and read it. And my point was you are saying the 2ND amendment should be selective and have a clause in it and then hide behind the very right given to you.

And to the other poster who pointed out it happens on both sides I agree 100% percent that was not my point. My point is the poster I was singling out is so far to the left he makes Jimmy Carter look like a gun toting cowboy that was my point just to be clear it was a micro issue not a macro issue.

And to all of you out in lets take away a freedom lovers, I see nothing wrong with having the right to carry a gun and if you don't like to bad move to Britain or Canada but I am betting if they ever have a bad government who would like to bump them off they will feel pretty stupid don't ya think. And if you say well that will never happen how many times in history do you need to see it before it stands a chance pick up a book and read for God's sake.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'd like to see that too.

Having been in a room full of armed people and having some clown thrown those little paper snap things you buy in the box of sawdust I can tell you all that happened was people stopped talking and looked around. Then tossed the laughing jackass out. Then went on talking.

I cant imagine what would have to happen to cause a bunch of people to start blindly firing at anything in a situation such as you have envisioned. Perhaps if they were all mentally ill or strung out on crystal meth.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I cant imagine what would have to happen to cause a bunch of people to start blindly firing at anything in a situation such as you have envisioned. Perhaps if they were all mentally ill or strung out on crystal meth.

Well they are tea party activists, so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join