It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Old man down the street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There is this old guy down the block from me who watches my house. I can't stand it. If I take out the trash, I look toward his house, and there he is, watching me. We have had run ins before. A few years ago, I was listening to my police scanner and I heard my address, but didn't hear why, so I went outside, and there were about 20 kids and parents right down from my house. I walked over and asked one of the people what was going on. Here this old man had taken a chainsaw and cut down a large tree and cut off the trail back into the iron ore mines. I asked why he would do that, and she said because he didn't like kids riding their bikes near his house. The beginning of the trail has a berm and the kids use it for a jump for their bikes. His reasoning was it was to close to his house and kids were walking on his lawn in front of the sidewalk closest to the road. That was a bunch of BS. He lives 3 houses down. The cops came and made him saw the tree apart so that it didn't block the trail.

He bought the big lot, directly in back of my house, its HUGE and has a tiny garage on it where he stores his boat. In the back of my house is a fence post that marks my property. He comes and knocks on my door one day claiming that my house was partly on his lot, and that I should do something about it. I walked back and looked and I could see from the marker that it wasn't. I pointed that out to him and he grumbled something and walked away. Three days later the city surveyor came by and double checked for him, and I was right, my house wasn't on his lot. But his lot garage, was partly on my property, just a few inches mind you. I was tempted to tell him to move his garage, but I didn't cause I am a nice guy, and that would just be petty.

Last summer, I hear someone yelling outside, so I go out, and there he is, yelling at my kids. I asked him what was wrong and he informed me that my kids were throwing rocks at his house. I promptly got all three of my boys and asked them if it was true, they all said yes, and I asked the guy if there was any damage, he said no. So we all went over and he showed me the rocks, Sure enough, my kids were doing it. Personally, I though, GOOD FOR YOU!!, but I can't say that to them, so I made them all apologize to him and then he gave them a big box of candy. It was a peace offering, and when we all came back inside I gave them a lecture and explained what the candy was for. I asked them why they did that, I couldn't believe my kids would rock someones house. I didn't raise them that way. They all agreed that it was because he was a mean old man. I guess he always is outside yelling at my kids when they are down by the trail. I already knew he was a mean old man, but I just said to them, I would be mean too if people threw rocks at my house.

My wife and I got into an argument one day and I stormed out of the house, and slammed the door. He was standing there on the corner of my house listening to us through the window! When I came outside and saw him, he asked me what the problem was. I told him it was none of his "frikking" business and that he shouldn't be standing by my window listening.

two days later, there was a knock at my door, and I opened it to find two cops standing there. They said someone called at reported a couple fighting at my residence. No one was fighting here. I told them I had no idea what they were talking about, they asked to speak to my wife. I kind of chuckled and said sure, one sec, I will go get her. She was in our bedroom reading a book, when I told her, she went out and talked to them, they were concerned, but she assured them that there was nothing going on. I am sure that old man called them for no reason cause I told him off a couple of days before.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS GUY. I'M tempted to rock his house myself sometimes. My kids did the right thing, but I can't tell them that. Instead,I send them over to the big lot where his garage is, and have them climb the apple tree there and get some apples in the summer to make apple pie. He hates that, and always yells at them, but then I go out and purposely stand there and watch, and he shuts up. It is the only thing I can do,that I know bothers him....that crabby old guy...

My family planted a plumb tree across the street many years ago, and he DARED to tell my kids they couldn't pick plums. I got so mad, that I went out there and told him off. My family has lived in this house for 60 or so years. he has no right to tell my kids they cant pick plumbs from a tree across the street, and WE planted that tree years ago. HOW DARE HE!!

But yet, I feel for him.

Sometimes I think my kids are the only entertainment he has.

So in a weird way, I look forward to every confrontation with this old man, not because I enjoy it, but because I think he does. And its like an understanding that isn't spoken, because of his apple tree, and the rocks at his house.

its an odd relationship we have, that old man and I. Some day he won't be out there yelling at my kids, and I think I will miss that.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
He sounds like an utter gob#e. Personally I'd take a red hot poker to him and give him an Edward II. You have more self control that I do, that's for sure.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I say good for your kids!!!

If he is one of those "lawn lovers", might I suggest a few well placed water balloons filled with gasoline. Its an excellent way to covertly kill someone's lawn at night. Maybe some rock salt in a seed spreader?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
But yet, I feel for him.

So in a weird way, I look forward to every confrontation with this old man, not because I enjoy it, but because I think he does. And its like an understanding that isn't spoken, because of his apple tree, and the rocks at his house.

its an odd relationship we have, that old man and I. Some day he won't be out there yelling at my kids, and I think I will miss that.
[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

Up until these last few lines this just nothing more than a pointless yammering, but not a bad read or or anything. It was especially that last statement that provoked a sensation of deeper thought and personal reflection of moments in my own life had similar memorable times.

Your tale involved a good Country Feel and stuff to it, with apple and plum trees and all. Unfortunatly for me however I can't recall any moments with such a rich character and style, with a classic grumpy old man and his occasional intrusion which only in times of peacefully strolling through memories does his other side show through. I can understand what you mean and the feeling when the thought of him gone comes up. It's like having an old messed up treehouse or something removed years and years after you even set foot inside, yet it's only realized after that the ugly and missplaced view of it everyday unknowingly proviided some deeper sense of Knowing one's Placement in the World.

Anyway, I liked it. Apple Pie and Plums off the tree sound really good too!

Try and keep that Deeper Knowing inside that he probably also knows he won't always be around to pester someone else or have the chance to yell at some young wippersnappers for throwing rocks and so forth. I imagine some of that 'Old Bastard Grumpy Man' stuff is his way of dealing with that realization, as well as showing his maker that he's not ready just yet and that Old Grumpy Men should just be left alone. Maybe make his mean old ass a pie too. Even though he'll probably get mad at ya for some other reason so he can stay in his character instead of showing thanks.

Anyway, that's it. Back to Ranting about War and a World filled with Mindless Monkey-People out of control.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd be real sweet and nice to him, then convince him to put me in his will.

Then I'd wax his ass.

But that's just me.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Mojom..with all due respect ..... *minutes ticking by while KayEm checks to insure that this is the mudpit...finds out it's not...oh well..we must say what we have to say

.... you are a jerk. Darkblade clearly has a need to vent and this is why he posted in RANTS.

That's all the reply you deserve. I have to stop talking now. I need to empathize with DarkBlade.

DB. Dude. I SO hear where you are coming from.

Your neighbor is a MAJOR pain in the ass. I had a similar situation with an elderly couple that lived next door to me at the time. I'm not going to bore you with the details, suffice it to say the scene was so similarly close to yours in detail and content it wasn't even funny.

I think that at the end of the day, you and I have to congratulate ourselves on not burning down these 'Neighbors from Hell's homes. Seriously. Because quite frankly I think they need to learn a lesson. That would be.....ready for it guys ? ....

NUNYA !!!!!!!!!! Let's hear it for Nunya...which in laymans terms means "None of your f-in business". Also I think MYOB would come into some good practice here.

I'm gonna say it straight out, flames be damned...I HATE the elderly. They are altogether WAY too overcoddled (the way they continue to drive and KILL people for example) and WAY too nosy about what other people happen to be up to in their own homes.

I feel for your situation, DB.

Heck. I think the next time I happen to live next door to some old nosy f-er, the next time Pisky and I make love, I'm gonna make sure I scream REAAAAAAAAL loud. Hee Hee

Off with his head. Nosy old f-uck.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Mojom..with all due respect ..... *minutes ticking by while KayEm checks to insure that this is the mudpit...finds out it's not...oh well..we must say what we have to say

.... you are a jerk. Darkblade clearly has a need to vent and this is why he posted in RANTS.

That's all the reply you deserve. I have to stop talking now. I need to empathize with DarkBlade.

KayEm, WTF are talking about???
How the hell am I a jerk?? Because I am trying to identify with what DarkBlade is saying and by telling him that I enjoyed reading what he said?? Ya know perhaps it's time to lay off the Crack and start checking into Prozac!

I'm not sure what it was that your read, but what I got out of it was that DB has a Grumpy Bastard of a neighbor that is a pain in the ass and the two of them are engaged in a kind of 'semi-friendly' battle with each other. Even though DB feels that he'd like to strangle the guy sometimes, he does admit that he actually feels sorry the old man because he realized that the reason he is so grumpy in the first place is because being a grumpy old F*ck is all the man has at this point in life. Then DB even goes on to say that although he wishes sometimes that the old guy would just go away for good, when that does happen, DB will actually miss the guy in a way.

That is what I read, that is what I was commenting on, and the reason is because it showed DB as being a very multi-level character with the ability to look at the world, his life and the lives around him very subjectively and to realize that there are many different ways to view things. It also shows that DB, unlike yourself it seems, is capable of compassion toward others even those who cause strife within his life from time to time. Again, DB shows by example that it is possible to see the other side of a situation and that not everything is black & White, or Good & Bad, with this comment:

I DO NOT LIKE THIS GUY. I'M tempted to rock his house myself sometimes....that crabby old guy...

But yet, I feel for him.

The last comment I'll make is that 'I don't give a sh*t if you think I'm a jerk or not KayEm, cause you are obviously an idiot by thinking that I was somehow not being empathetic to DB's situation. Plus your comment about how you hate the elderly by generalizing the actions of what some of them do and therefore are against them all. That sounds like a really fulfilling way to live, keep feeding that hateful attitude of yours, cause it will really pay off when you're an old hateful f*cker years from now. Then you can spend every minute festering in your own disdain for yourself as well as bitching at young kids for throwing rocks at your house and so forth because you're such a grouchy old ass!!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ROFLMAO

MOjOm -

If you had read more of my posts ( I have several of them on different topics by the way) you will see that I am anything other then hateful.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post But what you said struck me as making light of DBs current plight. And I sincerely apologize if I am wrong.

HOWEVER....considering your hostile response to my post, I'm not sure that I WAS wrong.

People use the Rant forum for a reason. And I really don't feel that the feelings or circumstances posted there should be made lightly of. Members there post to relieve tension or for the simple reason of having an empathic sounding board.

LOLOL..I have to laugh at your PC tendencies of cringing at my blatent and unsheeplike statement of hating the elderly.

Again..please allow me to rephrase:

I, being a wolf in wolve's clothing, probably loathe far less groups/people then YOU do.

The elderly Do tend to get away with murder. I read DBs story which touched a nerve because I had an extremely nosy neighbor so I became somewhat emotional about it.

I realize that ALL elderly are not over-the-top nosy in the extreme, but I find that too many ARE to ignore the issue.

Should we ignore them or the way they make hardworking younger folks miserable with their busibodie-ness ? I think NOT. The only reason they are like this in the first place is because of PC Buggers like yourself excusing them for reasons of simply longevity.

Bottom line:

They have WAY too much time on their hands, otherwise they wouldn't be so interested in other peoples business.

In other words, they need to mind their own f-uckin business.

Oh..yeh...when I'm that age I SURE as Hell won't be watching my neighbors with freaking binoculars.

Your entire post seems to excuse this senile bastard.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
KayEm, I have read more of your posts actually and until this last one I think I've pretty much enjoyed most of them. Another reason why your earlier post seemed 'off' for lack of a better word.

I don't see how, I am making light of what DB is saying. Just the opposite, I am paying very close attention to what he's saying. I also realize that this is the Rant forum and what it's purpose is. He's ranting, ok great. Believe me, nobody loves a good Rant like me!! My soapbox is not gathering any dust I can assure you.

Perhaps the difference here is that instead of responding to DM with sympathy or feeling sorry for him in his situation, or encouraging the frustrated side of him that is ONE SIDE of his story. I am simply encouraging the OTHER SIDE of DM that he speaks of in his story. The side that Didn't get revenge after finding out it was Grumpy who's shed was over the line. The side of DM that is able to see deeper into the situation and actually understand that his Grumpy Old Enemy, is someone to pity as well as be angry with. The side of DM that is wise enough to actually find the whole situation as enjoyable in a strange way.

To sit here and say, oh poor DM that's too bad, how terrible that must be, would be making things seem worse and then focusing one them. On the other hand, to say, Yah DM you should be mad, you should go kick the sh*t out of that old man and cut down that apple tree and burn it in his front yard for him to see, that bastard SOB, also would be focusing on the wrong idea here. In both cases it is insulting to DM, IMO, as it comes across that his is unable to handle his own life and the answer is for him to be depressed about it, or get angry about it.

So, like I said before, I focused on the side that showed DM as being the better person here and wanted to show that it came through in what he wrote and he should be proud of himself that he's able to be in that situation and still have the ability to say that he'll miss the old cuss after he's dead and gone. (Although, I didn't want to make too big of a deal out of it, just a pat on the back kinda thing ya know. Although explaining every detail about it now kinda screwed that up. But it's worth it if by the end of this it finally clicks with you what I'm saying here!!)

Oh, another thing. Labeling me with the term PC is not only WAY OFF, but would also be an insult to me if you actually knew anything about me. I realize you don't so I'm just alerting you to that fact.

Your whole issue with Old People is what it is, I really don't care whether you hate them love them. Also, do not take what I'm saying as being compliant with old people based on thier age. Nor do I think they deserve some automatic respect just because they are our elders and so forth. I just don't find it very valid to say Old people are all bad drivers, nosy, grumpy, helpless, demanding, etc. etc...

Some are all those things and more, no doubt. However, I happen to know quite a few Very Hip, Intelligent, Wacky and Wise Old people too. I also realize that most of them have lived through some major wars, depressions and have witnessed first hand almost the entire last century and how it's changed.

I know you feel that they are always in the way and poking in your affairs and as you say, we can't let them get away with everything and just ignore what they do. Well you're right, but I think you may want to think about something else as well. Ever think that the one's who are Meddlers, and intrusives and so forth may in fact be like that because THEY ARE BEING IGNORED.

Think about it, they don't get all the attention or get away with murder. What do they get?? 10% Senior Discounts and Social Security Checks that don't buy crap, gee what a prize! What else do they get? Well, they also get IGNORED and treated as if they aren't important for anything, and that they are just old helpless problems that need to go away. They get shoved in homes and forgoten. Nobody listens to them and nobody cares cause they're all just old outdated junk now. Now while that may fit for some of them, like your neighbor perhaps, there are plenty who are Wiser than either of us, lived through tougher times then either of us, deserve respect for a million reasons I'm not gong to get into and if you continue to and catagorize all of them and shove them all aside, you could miss out on some very interesting people, who usually don't want anything at all except for someone to pay attention to them before they die like they were never even here to begin with.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm

I'm gonna say it straight out, flames be damned...I HATE the elderly. They are altogether WAY too overcoddled (the way they continue to drive and KILL people for example) and WAY too nosy about what other people happen to be up to in their own homes.

oops. I know its not very politcally correct of me to say it, but I feel the same. I am sick of having to leap out of the way of some elderly person who should have had their driving licence revoked 20 years ago. They are just dangerous.

KayEm - I know I'm going to be old one day, but if I end up driving like an idiot at 70 or so - please put me quietly to death

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Paste notices at all the music stores and online music message boards advertising a rave and give his house as the address for it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'd still give the old bugger the Edward II treatment

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Elderly Couple Next Door

Darkblade - I can relate to what's happening to you. I've got a similar problem - maybe someone can help me.

The couple next door are retired and have a 30 year old unemployed son that lives with them. BTW, he's never been employed - he's mentally stable - just lazy I guess.

They have a cat that they let out. The cat CLIMBS my screens on my house. I have holes in them now. On his "favorite" screen he has tore a gash in it. I let them know what the cat was doing (several times). They just go "oh sorry, we'll watch her when she's out." What they do now is check to see if our car is in the driveway...and let her out...don't even watch her. Shocked them yesterday (car was in the shop) when I told them their cat was on my screens again. They assumed I was not home. The lastest is that they have been thinking about getting rid of the cat, but can't find a new home. They think I should try and find it a new home!

Cat got into our garage without us knowing it. We shut the doors late one afternoon, went into the garage the next afternoon and found the cat had tore up our garage! It got into the car and urinated in it. It got into everything! We told them what happened...they said "oh sorry, we noticed our cat was missing, checked around midnight and knew it was in your garage but didn't feel comfortable about opening your garage door" We were home all day both days, but they didn't come over and explain that their cat was in our garage!!!!

They and their extended family constantly park in front of our house and the neighbor across the street. They drive up on our grass! Across the street, they literally have all 4 tires on the grass to get off the street. People across the street put railroad ties down to keep them from parking there...they parked ON TOP of the railroad ties. When the people across the street talked to one of them, they just said that it was city property and they could do what they wanted. There are parking spaces in front of their own house, they don't use them!

They burn their garbage constantly. While the smell of burning cat litter is enough to make you get sick, the worse is when they burn paper on a windy day. The paper comes out of the burn barrel and lands on our deck and roof top. I fear that one day I'll come home and my house is burned down. The guy will put green wood and weeds in the barrel in the morning, start up the fire and it will smolder all day long. My house reeks of smoke and it's too hot to close the windows.

Their grand kids (if they think we're not home) will constantly be on our driveway with riding toys and playing with the basketball hoop attached to our garage. The grandkids see me walk by the window, they rush off the driveway, then return when they don't see me.

And finally...the man will sit out in this plastic lawnchair in the backyard all day long during the summer. He gardens. I go out there to tend to my garden and he justs sits and stares at me. It's just weird. He doesn't speak, neither does his son. You say hi and they turn away. The wife is very congenial and talkative.

We've lived next door to them for 10 years. We know that we will be here a very long time...them too. You know you have to get along. But geeze, they're driving me bats!

As a side note, if you ask why I don't ask them to pay for the cleaning of my car or replace my screens....they don't have any money. The live on SS and barely make it.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by sosuemetoo]

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by sosuemetoo]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Neighbors *resigned sigggghhhhh*

Can't live with 'em but you sure as Hell could live WITHOUT 'em. Would be it that we could ALL afford houses with ten miles of nothingness (except the gorgeous countryside, of course) surrounding them. Always been my dream and someday it will happen. But until then I guess we all have to put up with other people invading our worlds (what I lovingly term my home).

Mojom : I am truly sorry for the misunderstandings, and I appreciate your post trying to explain (very patiently too, I might add
) what you meant.

But yes, I have to continue to disagree with you on the subject of the elderly. Lots of people are ignored and given raw deals in life. But they don't get discounts everywhere they go and drive those big, boxy brand new cars. Contrary to popular opinion only 10 percent of the elderly are forced to live on SS alone. The rest of them are quite well off, and judging by the number of RVs I am forced to circumvent everytime I go to the coast, I think this is correct.

They don't have to work anymore, which frees them to drive as slowly as they choose and to take their time in public lines while everybody ELSE is in a hurry because they have jobs and gazillions of errands to get done before the day is out. It's like once they retire they forget what it was like having to race between work and home everyday fighting traffic etc. Either they forget or they perversely decide they are going to slow everyone else down now that they CAN.

Oh, and about the 10 percent discounts ? Nothing is more annoying then seeing a brand new Chrysler New Yorker pull into a restaurant and the well-off elderly couple come in demanding their 10 % off, while I, who slave to feed my family on minimum wage get nothing.

If anybody deserves discounts everywhere they go, it should be young working families who are struggling to make it. Not those who are basically set, with homes paid for, RVs in the driveway, etc.

This is basically what I see when I look out there in a nutshell. Generalization, probably...but true for the most part.

By the way, I don't like to say that I hate ANYBODY, it's just not the pagan way, but hey, we are HUMAN too and some people and demographical groups DO tend to seriously piss me off, and it's almost mostly because of the imagined rights and entitlements they assume they deserve.

Raven: Same goes for me, ok ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's been VERY interesting to read the replys to my rant...

LOL

Thanks all who responded!

I'm not going to comment on the elderly, cause some day I will be old, hopefully not bitter, and I won't be driving. NO way. My grandma was 70, when we had to take the car away from her because she twice pulled out into the middle of an intersection and got hit. Well, maybe I will comment a little...

Mojom,
I see you caught the point I was trying to express very well. Although this guy is a pain, I don't hold it against him, although I do very much dislike nosey neighbors. It creates a soap opera drama atmosphere in a lot of neighborhoods and most end badly with fueds. I keep to myself. But always try to see both sides of the coin. There is a part of me that is slightly twisted, and does enjoy the occasional conflict, but I think honestly, its more for his benefit as I don't instigate most of it.
I try to find deeper meaning in all situations I encounter. This old man is a great one for meaning and reflection.

sosuemetoo,
As to the cat on the window screen, coat the screen with tinfoil for about 2 weeks, once the cat figures out that it feels bad on its claws, it might stop. Some cats are smarter than others though, and it might try to rip it off,
if it really likes that window screen. Tin foil should do the job. The other option with the cat,(which is much more fun) is to get a super soaker, and blast it with water when it tries to hang around your screen or any other place you don't want it. It will get the idea that its not wanted, and it wont hurt the cat. If you cook really good food, it might just wanna hang around and smell it hoping for a handout. The trash bin part, if you really wanted to, you could call the fire department, and make a complaint about your concerns. I would, I wouldnt want my house burning down.

For some reason, the way you described it all, made me think of people with catapults lobbing trashbags between two yards. I hope it never comes to that.

KayEm,
I don't know what to say, thanks for your support. I don't wish him ill, only wish he wasnt so bitter and nosey because we might of been good friends.
I do have some opinions on the elderly, not nearly as strong as yours. Some of the most awesome encounters I have had, have been with old people who just needed a friend to talk to. Most shouldn't drive, and its not thier fault. I fondly refer to elderly people who drive as Silver-heads. You can spot them on any highway going 30 mph while everyone else is doing 55, or sometimes, if you drive behind them, it looks like the car is drivng by itself, and you cant see them until you pull up along side and see the little old lady trying to look over the steering wheel with both hands gripped tight on the wheel. Kind of like the old Wendy's Commercial...Wheres the BEEF!!??? I did need to vent this out, and sometimes you just have to rant. This is a great forum. I love ranting sometimes.

Pisky,
Every time I see your avitar, I can't help but laugh. I've said it before, but I gotta say it again, that is a great avitar! Yeah sometimes, at the moment I confront this old man, I feel that way.

My way of ranting seems to serve many purposes. I try to do it in a way that people can relate, and also maybe take something away from it for themselves, or so it seems, as this is my first rant, I have many more.
By the time I am done with my rant, I have thought out what it means to me, and how I can learn from it.
Its just the way I am, I like to make people think, if I can, not only about my situation, but maybe relate it to thier own and see a different perspective, although, over the years, I have had some neighbors that I think if someone else other than me was there would of done things like gas balloons on thier lawn etc. LOL Great idea, concidering he is a lawn junkie, and will give me crap cause I don't care how bad my lawn gets, when the grass gets to high, I got kids that can mow it. He works hard on the lot and his own lawn, which does look really nice, I am almost envious. However, I will send my kids over there once and a while to pick any flowers that grow through the fence around his house. Which causes him to run outside and chase them away.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I feel for you! But he gave your kids a box of candy so he ain't alll bad.

We have an old guy across the road who spies on everyone, he has bioculars and a telescope! The police even make calls to his house every month or so to ask if he's seen/heard anything, he's their local snitch!
We would give him a real hard time if it weren't for the fact that he looks after his disabled wife and she has problems sleeping etc.
I have to agree that the elderly are a pain in the arse, yet we all love our own Grandparents, don't we? I know I look after my Nan real good, and she gives great advice and makes the best sarnies!

P.S- Pisky, my parasol now has an inbuilt-car cigarette lighter

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
I feel for you! But he gave your kids a box of candy so he ain't alll bad.

If it wasnt for that box of candy, I might not of ever looked for a deeper meaning to it all. No, he's not all bad, just is not all good...lol

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To end this story, I am sad to report, the old man down the street is no longer there. The house now belongs to his son, and the lot is still well taken care of.

I moved away from that neighborhood long ago.
I sold my house and moved to Alaska, but I never forgot the old man.
Now I am back in this old town for a little while. My children are mostly grown.

We visited the old neighborhood,drove past the old house and past the old man's house. My sons remained very quiet when we slowly drove by his old home. I heard them all sigh as we left the area, and I asked them what was on their minds only to find it was the old man.

It made me smile inside.

It was an honor to know you old man,
you may have taught my sons something special,
thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

haha was nice to read your first and last post. i think every town in the world has a grumpy old man.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I love that picture!

It fits so well

top topics

join