It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN to launch 3D network in June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

ESPN is going 3D. The venerable sports network will launch ESPN 3D on June 11 with a World Cup soccer match, creating what it says will be the first all three-dimensional television network to the home.
ESPN 3D expects to showcase at least 85 live sporting events during the first year. There'll be no reruns initially, so the network will be dark when there's no 3D event. Among other events planned for 3D broadcast: the Summer X Games (extreme sports), NBA games, college basketball and college football.

ESPN to launch 3D network in June

Source

So before you run out and buy a T.V this holiday sale season you had better think twice . It could be outdated before you even get it home .

ESPN won't be the only station making a 3D channel .

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Conspiracy????? Didnt see it.

The T.V. corporations???

O well.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder how many in usa will be able to watch these games in 3d.

Will you need a special tv, and we all know first generation stuff is rubbish, and most are normally brought by tech nerds.

Anyone know what the picture will be like?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

$8,999 new from 1 seller
Bring your content alive with the Philips 3D intelligent displays. Based on WOWvx technology, its astonishing 'real' 3D effect immediately grabs the attention of the viewer. If you want to make an unforgettable first impression a Philips 42" 3D display is the right choice for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't need no stinking 3D, I'm fine with 1080p...

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You think digital tv can get into your subconcious...lol

Good move being that the target audience is mainly males...Goebbels goes high tech. I have to admit these folks that rule things are sinister as hell but SMART...big time smart.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am glad I canceled my cable a year ago , problem solved

Second line

top topics

join