It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea about tazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was just watching the news (not on purpose, it was on the TV when I was passing) and I witnessed a discussion on police use of a tazer.

The whole debate is at what perceived level of danger can a police officer use the non-lethal device, a taser, to subdue a suspect.

There are countless examples of how tasing has been used erroneously and just as many, if not more examples of how it was used for a good reason.

Because a taser is non-lethal, the chance of abuse is high. It is inhumane to use this as a substitute for normal apprehension. I have seen countless videos where the officer will repeat tasing just because the person screams.

My idea for keeping police officers aware of the inhumane nature of a taser is that every time a taser is used, it must then be used on the officer afterward. They could possibly use contact tazing, instead of penetrating the skin with those electrodes.

An officer will at least think twice about tasing someone if they would, in turn, get tazed, and if they actually needed to use the taser, they would not care if they got tased afterward.

It's not a perfect idea, but it is an idea.

Any response.

join