It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google blocks negative search recommendations on Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is actually pretty freaky that literally nothing comes up?

Whereas for all other religions, you get results.

I also tried "Mohammed is" as someone else recommended and you DO get results... you just need to spell it properly.... as i did in just now. (Ie: Not muhammed)

[edit on 8/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Searching jihad it say

Jihad is not terrorism
jihad is a
jihad is not a holy war
jihad is our way
jihad is not perpetual war

I would say there is something fishy going on at google search.

Its google suggest that is doing this.

Wow, very interesting. Thank you for the resultes. I certainly does bring about more questions than merely one word censorship.

Originally posted by blupblup
I also tried "Mohammed is" as someone else recommended and you DO get results... you just need to spell it properly.... as i did in just now. (Ie: Not muhammed)

Yes, when you put in "Mohammed is" you get positive results (2 negative).

[edit on 8-1-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Is google blocking negativity... no. They seem to to indicate its an odd bug. Bit of a storm in a tea cup really given negativity pops up when other words are attached to 'islam', if they where trying to censor all negativity... no negativity would pop up.

I never use those recommendation pop ups links anyway...

Would be funny if the recommendation engine was having a heuristic fit, due to the fact 'is' is also the start of ISlam and the things sitting there in a loop wondering if its interpreted the users entry correctly... somewhere in the world some poor google PC's having an emotional melt down.

Still think its not really an issue.

edit:- hmm doesnt add a scroll bar to my pic

[edit on 8-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Interesting enough if you type "agnostic is" you get "agnostic islam" as the suggestion. "Agnosticism is" only brings back "why agnosticism". Yet, there is a huge amount of information on agnosticism out there.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
As an alternative, bing.com does not seem to have any problems with "islam is" nor any other religous negativity. Also, when I put in "why is" or "why can't I", I don't get any kind of absurdly weird top searches. Bing for me, I'm making the switch. This is not the first time Google has been behaving aberrant.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I typed in:

"Rastafarianism is "

And got nothing! Serious! Its another one!

Google eh? Time to go back to Yahoo or Metacrawler ehh?

Although, Google DOES exceedingly good cakes

Its true though, suggestive phrases are being singled out, Christianity and Buddhism is not censored like Islamic Google suggestions. This is indeed a conspiracy.

I also tried:
"humanitarianism is"

...And got this:
"humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice"

LMAO

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that some top brass at Google perhaps converted to Islam, Alhamdulillah! As well as the growing number of workers at google who are muslims, Who happen to be some of the best talent in town.

People might as well get used to the changing waves of the changing times. Islam has been here for forever. Islam means submission to Gods/Allahs will. So by searching (Gods/Allahs will is) and not finding savage derogatory barbaric crowd pleasing fanfare you are let down by what? That google is not in fact kicking on Islam, Helping your cause of being savage and barbaric against it?

Google's Algorithms are very complex and since they have acquired the majority rule. The business owners can show their true colors via their business model now. Muslims aren't going to allow technology to make life unethical for them just so you can feel unbridled freedom and liberty. Get Real, And if you think you can force unethical names with the words of Islam and Muslim you better make sure you look up the laws of newton.

Btw "Google relaxes self-censorship in China" and is threaten to pull out of China now that is News/North East west And South!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

======================

As someone else said :

“… To offer suggestions for terms from “Alabama” to “zygote” and then choke on “Islam is” is one oddball technical difficulty. Google employees are known for many things – being bad at programming is not one of them.”

By the way, it has been 12 days since Google said they will fix the "bug". And Google still can’t fix this “bug”. It must be either (1) a MASSIVE “bug”, or (2) maybe Google programers are SERIOUSLY incompetent!

Can we have a vote? (1) or (2) above?

----------------------------------

Oh, and also. I tried to test your theory about the 2 "IS" by typing "ISrael IS" (notice there are 2 "IS"). It still gave me suggestions. But "ISlam IS" doesn't give any.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join