It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far is too far?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
***Warning: Graphic Language***

Am I the only one who finds this repugnant beyond all belief?

What were they thinking????

Does anyone really want to see this movie?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I can't stand Nicholas Cage!!!
I wouldn't want to see it strictly because he is in it.
The whole idea of making a movie like that is idiotic.
What are these people thinking??

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I sure hope you're not the only one!

I saw a couple of these clips yesterday.

It is a new low,alright.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I Also Can't Stand Nic Cage ..

But Kick-Ass was a pretty good comic book , and i want to see how it translates to the big screen ..

As for the violence .. well .. it's fantasy ...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

I had no idea this was a comic book story.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just getting old, but I find this sick.

The character is a 12 year old child.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well .. like i said .. It's fantasy ...

Have you ever read the Old (Very Old) German Fairy Tales .. if this makes you go crazy .. wait 'till you hear the story of demons-like creatures dismembering little kids ..

My point is .. Violence has been part of fantasy since. . forever .. The only difference is that in the OLD times they didn't have the technology to make movies ..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So in your view, as long as it's wrapped in fantasy, it's ok?

I'm sure I could come up with dozens of examples that even you might object to. And if not, then we were never really going to agree anyways.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't see how FANTASY can harm ... as long as people are sane enough to understand the difference between reality and fantasy .. i think is okay ..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And we wonder whats wrong with society. I love horror flicks, action flicks hell just about anytype of movie. But man, someone thought this was a good idea. What happened to the innocence of children?

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just getting old, but I find this sick.

The character is a 12 year old child.

Totaly agree. When i saw that, i just pictured my 12 year old daughter ever talking like that, followed closely by me hitting the roof and grounding her till she's in a retirement home!

I don't mind Nic Cage in some films, but he totaly ruined The Whicker Man so thats him off my xmas card list. I'm actualy suprised an actor who is a family man would be ok with this anyway.

CX.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
.. i think is okay ..

Then as I initially suggested, we will never agree.

A child is a child. Making one into a foul-mouthed, ninja-type, gun-wielding, joke-cracking, assassin is simply depraved.

In my opinion, films like this one are made for those who don't mind the exploitation, neglect or abuse of children. After all, children are just meat, aren't they?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Exactly. We wonder what's wrong with kids these days. Makes you wonder how they got the funding for something as deragatory to children such as this.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What's wrong with you guys? It's a movie, it's a fantasy, it's a comic book. I think it looks great!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And we wonder why there are so many violent killing on the streets, by kids, Its just idiotic to say its fantasy, and its about a persons level of maturity as to whether they can separate the fantasy from the fact. KIDS CANT do that, they will see this movie, and want to role play it. As if the girls are not becoming more violent as it is, we really need something as repulsive as this to make it worse. It should be banned, and the makers questioned for their morels, i mean really questioned on child abuse claims.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hit-Girl? Ah geesz, they couldn't come up w/a better title? Lame.

No, I won't go see it, looks ridiculous... terrible acting, terrible plot (what plot?) worse than Super Girl (no, didn't see that either)...

new topics

top topics

join