It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the aliens that come here the smartest people in the Universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Or are they just a rung or two above us on a very tall ladder? Even if they created us, somebody must have created them, therefore, they too would have someone to answer to. Also, if their spaceships sometimes crash they must still be learning to build better ones. Anything they have is way better than what's down here. But what about compared to what someone else has up there?

The Universe is a pretty big place, and while they might be the local geniuses, I'm doubting they've met every other intelligent life form a billion light years in every direction. I don't think they're "gods" either. If they didn't make the Universe, they just live in it like everybody else does.

I imagine there's worlds out there with intelligent life on them that the Earths technology could put to shame, but, then again, if we showed them how to make what we have, we'd never know what they might have accomplished on their own.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good point !!

But even if we are created by aliens. They themselves had some sort of mentor.

Ever heard of a student surpassing his teacher ? What do you now ?

I mean, evidently it's a leap of inteligence for us, to grasp the idea of interstellar travel. Lots of theories, all science fiction right now.

Especialy with all evidence around, linking mankind way further in history then our current understandings.
You can believe all you like, but the easyest answer is usualy the right one.

So withe our current understanding and technolegy it's way more easy for older civilisation then for E.T.'s to be responsable for our soceity behavior etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by korath
Are the aliens that come here the smartest people in the Universe?

Some of them might say, "Yes".

Originally posted by korath
Also, if their spaceships sometimes crash they must still be learning to build better ones.

Yes, UFOs do crash once in awhile. However, on a per-kilometer distance travelled rating, UFOs are much safer than flying in a jet or driving in a car. :-)

join