It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death caused by a "compelling unknown force" - Dyatlov Pass Incident

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I would like to introduce to you one of the most intriguing and overlooked unexplained deaths I have ever come across. Some of you may have heard of this but if you have I would be surprised.

Here is it summed up:
The Dyatlov Pass incident refers to an event that resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains, Russia, on the night of February 2, 1959.

The lack of eyewitnesses and subsequent investigations into the hikers' deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigators determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls (one of which exhibited injuries consistent with being hit by a train), two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. According to sources, four of the victims' clothing contained high levels of radiation—though no mention of this fact made of it in contemporary documentation, and only appears in later documents. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for three years after the incident.

If you would like to know more about it read it here:en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway presuming now that you have read a little about it I will summarise the key facts (not speculations) that the official investigation revealed.

1. The victims ran at full sprint wearing night clothes and no shoes in -28 degree celcius temperatures. One of the tents was ripped open from the inside. They were experienced arctic climbers and knew survival in such a state was measured in a matter of minutes.
2. 6 of the victims died of hypothermia as a result of the lack of clothing in such conditions and did not return to camp to recover their clothing despite only being 300m away, implying a percieved constant danger in their camp area.
3. Their own footsteps in the snow could have lead them back to the camp. They were not lost and actively decided not to return.
4. One victim with the missing tongue, was thought to have been alive when it was taken out although forensic techniques at the time cannot confirm this 100%
5. Three of the victims clothing contained radiation which was 2/3 higher than it should be, one of them was 3 times higher.
6. There were 14 previous reports of lights in the sky in 1957/58 in that area.
7. One victim who died from a crushed skull was found in a 3 meter ravine with a 40 degree incline. His injuries were not consistent with rolling into the snow filled ravine.
8. At one point the desperate hikers tried to light a fire before either leaving it to move on or being disturbed again. They were found dead 100m away from this point.
9. There was no evidence of snow movement. The tent was still standing. Nothing was missing from their camp.
10. The injuries sustained by the hikers could not have been caused "by human means" requiring a force comparable to a 80mph impact with a large "non-giving" solid object.

Anyway they are the main facts to the case. There are a number of theories including percieved avalanches caused by jet planes, local tribes killing them etc etc. But not of the theories fit or even come close to matching the conditions of this case.

What do you think ATS!?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Check out this thread. It is a very in-depth account of the incident. Definatly one of the strangest things I can remember!

-E-

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Seems to be much more consistent with natural occurrences than UFO's zapping some hikers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I'm curious... what kinds of 'natural occurences' did you have in mind? Can you paint us a scenario of such consistent with what has been reported about the incident?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jtma, I believe what traditionaldrummer is trying to say is that all these are very natural occurences, everyone knows it is common for tongues to be ripped out of heads of deceased people, or people in negative cold weather to be out with no clothes on, and for people to die with mass amounts of radiation on them. Clearly they're all very natural. /end sarcasm

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What strike me as odd is that they measured radiation. What gave the investigators the idea to measure radiation....did the victims glow in the dark?

It is a very strange story alltogether.....as if an alien beamed himself into the tent and evrybody got crazy because of fear and tried to kill him...or it. How could they know that the alien was twenty times stronger than a human and considers human tongue a delicatesse.

EDIT: After reading more about the incident I understand that the millitairy was active in those parts and that a piece of cloth had been found at the site which didn't match to the belongings of the young people. Maybe an awall soldier gave them a visit and did it not end well.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedius
Jtma, I believe what traditionaldrummer is trying to say is that all these are very natural occurences, everyone knows it is common for tongues to be ripped out of heads of deceased people, or people in negative cold weather to be out with no clothes on, and for people to die with mass amounts of radiation on them. Clearly they're all very natural. /end sarcasm

Sorry but this incident appears quite consistent with wild animals - bears perhaps, possibly following them invading the campsite. The stuff about spheres and radiation is known to be bunk. Best to look for plausible, terrestrial explanations rather than implausible, extraterrestrial explanations.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sometimes doing a natal chart on a deceased person helps give clues about to where and what to look for at the time of death.. I know astrology (not vedic) has been "debunked," but I don't care. It's been fairly accurate for enough people as a predictive "map" for mysterious deaths.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

quite consistent?
what is so consistent and natural about getting your skull crushed. Are you trying to tell us a bear did it. You cannot ignore the key facts,the radiation and skull crushing factor are very puzzling and cant be so easily dismissed through a mundane explanation.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian

quite consistent?
what is so consistent and natural about getting your skull crushed. Are you trying to tell us a bear did it. You cannot ignore the key facts,the radiation and skull crushing factor are very puzzling and cant be so easily dismissed through a mundane explanation.

A bear can indeed crush a skull. The claims of radiation are an ex post facto embellishment, along with the "spheres".

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks Pryde for a very interesting post.
I have never heard of this incident before, so it's news to me.
With regards to it being a bear attack, wouldn't there be scratch or bite marks on some of the bodies ?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think these poor people came face to face with their killers and had no choice but to rip their way out of their tent and try to escape because I think the victims became aware of their killers after these killers had entered the tent.

I think the killers were extraterrestrial and probably of the same race that cause the cattle and human mutilations in modern times.

We cannot imagine what it would feel like to be in the presence of hideously minded entities and I would hazard a guess and say that their physical presence would have been of no comparison to the cast stare, the power of a dark extraterrestrial mind giving a soon to be dead, victim full attention.

If the intent was to cause fear then it would not have been difficult I would think and even Chuck Norris would have run from the tent (Ok maybe not Chuck Norris).

I do not think a tongue would be removed by an animal while the person was thought to be alive and for what purpose would it be to mutilate someone in the company of their friends anyway unless it was the act itself and not the lump of flesh itself that was the goal. Cause terror among a group by mutilating one and doing extreme violence to others.

For me I am leaning toward an encounter with very regressive and contemptuous beings that were hell bent on causing as much physiological trauma as possible in as short a time as possible. This would lead me to believe that if causing terror was the order of the game then what could be gained from it, negative energies that could be fed upon?

Perhaps these entities were caught short after a long or unproductive journey and their idea of a quick stopover for a bite to eat became a full on harvest.

I think these people met the same people who made pacts that have enslaved us and that these people died to feed in ways that have nothing to do with devouring flesh.

They met their ends at the hands of people who saw them as resources and deserving of the same compassion a human might have for an insect.

Reptillians (hides)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
I think these poor people came face to face with their killers and had no choice but to rip their way out of their tent and try to escape because I think the victims became aware of their killers after these killers had entered the tent.

I think the killers were extraterrestrial and probably of the same race that cause the cattle and human mutilations in modern times.

Why extraterrestrials? How about them hearing an avalanche occurring and scattering with extreme urgency?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The camp was not damaged by snow and ice from what I have read.

Also if an avalanche had proved to have been a false alarm why did the victims not trek back the three hundred metres to the tent and warmth? Terror to drive people rushing from the tents and die in extreme cold rather than risk going back to the camp – strikes me as the behaviour of people not worried about ice and snow but rather something much more dangerous.

Just guessing and surmising and jumping to conclusions based upon what I have read of course.

An avalanche or threats of an avalanche is the last thing I would conclude however.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The camp was not damaged by snow and ice from what I have read.

Also if an avalanche had proved to have been a false alarm why did the victims not trek back the three hundred metres to the tent and warmth? Terror to drive people rushing from the tents and die in extreme cold rather than risk going back to the camp – strikes me as the behaviour of people not worried about ice and snow but rather something much more dangerous.

Just guessing and surmising and jumping to conclusions based upon what I have read of course.

An avalanche or threats of an avalanche is the last thing I would conclude however.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

Perhaps an avalanche was heard that did not ultimately hit the camp but was enough to cause immediate alarm. Perhaps once out of the tents they got lost in the dark or in inclement weather. Who knows? However, the last thing I would conclude is that it was space travelers. You may as well blame it on the devil. It's equally as plausible as aliens. Which is not plausible at all.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And that is where we both differ and individualism is a great thing. You conclude it was an avalanche and I conclude space travellers, no harm no foul.

I am talking as a person who believes that alien visitations and the extraterrestrial phenomenon is as real as the laptop I am using and I get the feeling you are coming from the viewpoint that they are not otherwise you would not be lumping plausibility’s in the context of devil/aliens being as real as each other?

You say the devil is as plausible as aliens but respectfully I have to completely disagree because in my world the devil is an entity from Christian myth that for me is about as real as the tooth fairy, Alien visitations from my viewpoint are not myth but I am going off topic.

I am still holding to Extraterrestrials however implausible the idea might be.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

And that is where we both differ and individualism is a great thing. You conclude it was an avalanche and I conclude space travellers, no harm no foul.

I am talking as a person who believes that alien visitations and the extraterrestrial phenomenon is as real as the laptop I am using and I get the feeling you are coming from the viewpoint that they are not otherwise you would not be lumping plausibility’s in the context of devil/aliens being as real as each other?

You say the devil is as plausible as aliens but respectfully I have to completely disagree because in my world the devil is an entity from Christian myth that for me is about as real as the tooth fairy, Alien visitations from my viewpoint are not myth but I am going off topic.

I am still holding to Extraterrestrials however implausible the idea might be.

Fair enough. Actually I have reached no conclusions. However, I will search for explanation that is consistent with known natural, terrestrial sources as the most likely causes.

Also, I don't place the devil and aliens on equal footing except in terms of plausibility. There is no definitive proof of the existence of either. This being ATS I'm sure I'll be verbally pummeled for that statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Ah my apologies I assumed wrongly that you had come to a conclusion.

For me it is more realistic to assume a more conventional reason but strange lights in the sky and strange radiation readings leave me having to entertain a much more exotic lateral explanation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join