It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX!]Lost Ancient City Found Under Antarctic Ice [HOAX!]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Admin Note: This has been determined to be a hoax. See this post for Scott's explanation.

Hello ATS Readers,

An astounding discovery for sure!! Perhaps Rand Flem-Ath was right afterall!

Lost Anceint City Found Under Antarctic Ice

AP - Antarctica - In a startling scientific development yesterday Professor William Dyer (Geology, MU) reports discovery of ruins of an ancient city at the edge of the crumbling Wilkins ice shelf in Antarctica.

As part of the International Polar Year program Professor Dyer and a transdiciplinary team including Miskatonic Professors Lake (Biology) and Pabodie (Engineering) are investigating fossils of giant Antarctic marine life forms, previously unknown to science, some unidentifiable as either plants or animals, initially discovered while boring for ice cores.

Professor Lake suggests these fossils represent pre-Cambrian archaeozoa. Though badly damaged by the drilling, Lake reports intact samples have been obtained. The extremely early date in the geological strata of these fossils is otherwise problematic because of their highly evolved features, including star-shaped heads with cephalopoid tentacles.

Aerial photographs taken by Dyer show a sprawling stone city of permutahedra, cones, and non-euclidean forms. Professor Pabodie says these are, "unprecedented [...] atypical of ancient architecture in any other part of the world". Entering a fissure in one of the cones the two discovered a large petroglyphic mural they believe depicts a creation myth including the Moon separating from the Earth and marine forms similar to those discovered on the floor of the Ross Sea this antarctic summer.

Contact with Dyer's party was interrupted 17 hours ago by an unusually severe ice storm. In a garbled voice transmission received from the party before communications were lost, Dyer was apparently preparing to return to the site of the city to "take a lilly", archaeological slang meaning multi-site deep ice core samples. The USGS advises that severe weather conditions make it inadvisable for other polar investigators to attempt to approach the Wilkins shelf site at this time.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Crakeur]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Holy Crap awesome find.

I hope this is true.

It does say AP on it though. Looks good so far.

You know what is funny, we here on ATS have been PREDICTING lost civilizations under the Antarctic Ice!

This is no surprise!

However I am gonna jump for joy if this turns out to be legit.

This will only be one big giant nail in the coffin of "official history".

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Wow that is some interesting news . I dont know how reliable the news source is but if they can confirm an ancient city in the Antarctic that would be one major discovery . Also the part about the creation myth is very puzzling (I mean the fact of the moon separating from earth).

I hope we get some more info soon , but the part about the last garbled transmission before going to get some samples sounds a bit like taken out of some b-class horror/sci-fi movie

Never the less great find and thank You for posting it

Edit: umm one thing puzzles me , the date of the article on the right says "News Type: Event — Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:36 PM EDT"

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Thill]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
An astounding discovery for sure!! Perhaps Rand Flem-Ath was right afterall!

It was a April fools joke, read it and check the date....

Also do some research on the name of the University, Professor William Dyer, Professor Pabodie...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hi,

Sorry but believe the whole thing is a hoax - the first photo 'Wilkins Shelf Anomaly' in the link provided is of an underground station in Stockholm - please see link

www.nextnature.net...

Or maybe the the Swedish underground system is much more extensive than I thought?

Peace!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I wonder if the photos shown of the "city under the ice" are actual real photos of the location? Or if it is computer generated.

Like the photo of the hallway. Or with the lake and the ice overhead with the temple structure revealed in the middle.

Are these photos legit? Does anyone know?

Please source them so I can corroborate the information. (If anyone has any idea as to their authenticity.)

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ehh ow well , no Ancient city found then . What a shame , that would have made my day today . Even my week

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Posted 2 years ago.

Clearly a take on the HP Lovecraft story "Into The Mountains Of Madness". The "artifacts" found are blatantly cthonically inspired artwork.

And as the person above me stated, posted just prior to April 1st.

Not to mention the comments on the linked page explaining how its an april fools joke.

Why the hell are you people staring and flagging this.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Yeah your right. I guess they changed the "floor" colors to look like "water". How clever and tricky. Good find. Amazingly fast.

How did you do that so fast? Just curious. Thx

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Well thats probably just as well!

I read the thread title and my heart jumped out of my mouth.

A real shame.

[edit on 5/1/10 by logicalview]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hi,

This photo has been used many times before to represent secret underground global transit systems, Dulce etc..... Just happened to remember it.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sorry folks - it's a hoax. Should have read further. Apologies. Pictures dates 1st April is a big tell. Sounded too good to be true!! Ah well..... just have to keep digging.

Regards,

SC

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Come on, The OP is a featured conspiracy expert here and he got taken in by an old April Fools joke. WTF next time read the information on the site you post, all the details were in the comments on the bottom of the page that is two years old.

I wonder what other foolishness this guy has taken and ran with.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

And a repost to boot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UcantBserious

nice shot on the messenger. I think you got him. I sure hope you never make a mistake. perfection is a difficult way of life I hear.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hi Chaswickus,

Even better! Intersting that one of the previous posters said the escallators were in Canary Wharfe (London?)

Would you like to swap your WA weather with my -8 windchill weather?

Peace!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
Sorry folks - it's a hoax. Should have read further. Apologies. Pictures dates 1st April is a big tell. Sounded too good to be true!! Ah well..... just have to keep digging.

Regards,

SC

ROFL! Ummm.... Woops!

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I think Byrd summed it up nicely.

I dunno if you'd want to be in our sunny weather at the moment, had 56 degrees C the other day.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I thought it was prohibited to post untrue stories...
Ok ok, only on april the 1st then.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Even the best of us make rookie mistakes, this doesn't necessarily mean Scott's other fine research is invalid. OMG! HE'S HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF US!
Hmmm, maybe Phage is too?

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any creation myths that feature the moon seperating from the earth? I had written a story years ago and that was a part of it. While not remembering the story perhaps I had read it before. Anyone heard of it before?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join