It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant understand USA people :

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was treated pretty well recently in Canada. (Vancouver area) Coming from Florida, we make quite a few snow-bird jokes, etc., but I certainly found no anti-american sentiment anywhere I went. Frankly, I found that surprising, and refreshing...
I'm still trying to figure out the fascination with "Curling" there though (strange sport...shuffleboard on ice with large rocks, and it was on like night and day, hehe...)

Oh, and despite Nans' anti-american rhetoric, I wouldn't have it any other way...keeps things interesting

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

If I don't know america, you don't know france :

We never end a war ? No, we made a revolution !
Without this revolution, USA would stay a british colony and your mood shall be "HAIL THE QUEEN".

----------------
-----------

So Nans... you won the American Revolution for us??? Oohh wow a few Frenchies was basicly all we had!!! We could have won that war with out your help! America has won every war every battle it has been in beside Vietnam. And half of them we did by our selves and France needs America whenever a building collaspses!!! Sorry Nans but you fighting a one-man war here.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Its like living next door to a very large house of noisy neighbours who sorta forget that they are only part of the street, and leave their cars all over your driveway and their snotty kids graffiti your mailbox.

Personally I choose the americans, imagine if it was the Australians, we would all be forced to play Aussie rules and watch lifesaver competitions and Neighbours on TV, and endure being beaten in every sport and have to put up with the crowing about it and the bad beer!

Amen to both. NC, you've pointed out what I and most other Americans are missing: We do kinda waltz around the planet like the lords of everything, and when someone says "hey, you should do this," the citizens and the government get ticked. But it's just the way we are.

Also, if the Aussies were in control, we'd see them the same way we see us: smelly, arrogant, cocky, triggerhappy, can't play sports, etc.... Hey, I'd rather have Saddam rulin' us than the Aussies(no offense).

But I'm still where I stand on the french being anti-american: they owe us big time, and if they do not except that, they are fools.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

If I don't know america, you don't know france :

We never end a war ? No, we made a revolution !
Without this revolution, USA would stay a british colony and your mood shall be "HAIL THE QUEEN".

----------------
-----------

So Nans... you won the American Revolution for us??? Oohh wow a few Frenchies was basicly all we had!!! We could have won that war with out your help! America has won every war every battle it has been in beside Vietnam. And half of them we did by our selves and France needs America whenever a building collaspses!!! Sorry Nans but you fighting a one-man war here.

sorry to say, JM, but they did help us out majorly with the Revolution... but we paid them back... and it was nothing like saving all their hindquarters in the WWs..... I mean, let's face it, but 1777, we were cold, hungry, out-of-ammo, and seriously outmatched.... but, like I said, we paid 'em back for their good deeds.... and they have yet to pay us back for WWI and II....

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
first i'd like to say whats up to my hoser friend gazrok... we canadians love our curling eh... u come up with a better sport when your stoned and drinkin eh...

ok seriously now *clears throat*

i'd like to thank TigeriS for pointing out something which the majority of people seem to look over. that CANADA saved lots of parts of europe but did we get credit for it? no our cancer smoking neighborus to the south did. did we do anything? no cause we're too god damn nice eh. (maybe cause we were to drunk or stoned, who cares) but here is the reason canada is not joining the war against iraq. WE GET NO CREDIT. when we try to help you guys out what do u do? kill us! but we dont care cause we got the beer and the weed. go ahead have your nukes we got the beer
hehehehe. but seriously we never get credit for # so we just dont care. i think the last poll was liek 73% of canadians were opposed to the war and the other 27% was the percent of people who were either hungover or were between drinks

god it feels good to be canadian... pass me the blubber eh

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You guys did have some pretty good beer up there, eh? I'd never done so much drinking on a business trip...
I especially liked the Cokanee (sp?) Gold...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
kokanee
molson brodor is good too
you americans need more alcohol in your water. geez i can get moer of a buzz from drinking tap water than from your american beer!! then again our water is 4% alcohol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join