It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Strategist on Larry King "They Know they are at war with us through Jihad but we don't

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Dude, this is... kind of a debate forum
where are the links??????

secondly man....... let's not talk about the past
we could also talk about byzantine if you wish and templars.

how about we talk about this century lol

You know i'm indian, a hindu
you know how sikhism was created?
sikhism was created to protect hinduism from islam
I have people in my family tree that joined the fight to protect hinduism from imperial islam

And even then I am not biased.

Please have links whenever you are referring to events and please keep it within "current" events.

talking about long long before our time is useless and futile
we were all barbarians once upon a time
i'd like to think we have evolved since then

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Once again, that classically Amerikan dichotomy rears its ugly two-faced head.

On one side, we have the snide, aggressive reactionary throwing high and tight in order to brush back the opponent with wide strokes, so to speak. Ultimately, this ugly head looks like a rear.

And to the left, the overly-apologetic, equally delusional and understandably defensive pundit cannot muster up of the courage necessary to see the forest fire fed by all the hot breeze.

FAIL x FAIL, to co-opt a cliche.

Your cartoonish characterization is not supported by historical facts. It is simply your deluded opinion in which America is your boogey man. Welcome to it.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

Foolish reaction. "America" is not my "boogey man." I love my country. Where in my post did you see anything else? Or, were you making ass_umptions?

The fact remains that "divided, we fall." To whom? Whomever would benefit from an in-fighting populace. So I forgive you. Hell, I'll even go so far as to proclaim that I love you. Why wouldn't I?

What I have little patience for is more and more war-like rhetoric, on tv and on forums such as this.

There's a LOT of Kool-Aid being downed. I know, sugar and color are hard to deny. But there is a better way.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Talking about history provide the context in both time and space. I will not leave historical facts out of my discussion as they are critical in revealing the long ascendancy of the Islamic System.

As a Hinudu, I would imagine it tears at your heart to see India cleaved again and again and again in vain attempt to appease the muslim horde. I would gladly lend a hand should we ever coalesce a force strong enough to battle Islamic Imperialism. I would lend a hand in re-uniting long suffering India. I would help minister to the newly freed souls as we seep back the black tide of Islam.

Instead, after the Christmas Day attack, CAIR representatives told us that not all people wearing turbans are terrorists. The first thing I though of as that this loser wanted us to think Sikhs were muslims. I bristled at the thought of people ignorant of jihad will start pointing fingers at hindus.

As for links, just google up the word "Beslan" an be witness to Islamic jihad at it worst.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Once again, that classically Amerikan dichotomy rears its ugly two-faced head.

On one side, we have the snide, aggressive reactionary throwing high and tight in order to brush back the opponent with wide strokes, so to speak. Ultimately, this ugly head looks like a rear.

And to the left, the overly-apologetic, equally delusional and understandably defensive pundit cannot muster up of the courage necessary to see the forest fire fed by all the hot breeze.

FAIL x FAIL, to co-opt a cliche.

Your cartoonish characterization is not supported by historical facts. It is simply your deluded opinion in which America is your boogey man. Welcome to it.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

Foolish reaction. "America" is not my "boogey man." I love my country. Where in my post did you see anything else? Or, were you making ass_umptions?

The fact remains that "divided, we fall." To whom? Whomever would benefit from an in-fighting populace. So I forgive you. Hell, I'll even go so far as to proclaim that I love you. Why wouldn't I?

What I have little patience for is more and more war-like rhetoric, on tv and on forums such as this.

There's a LOT of Kool-Aid being downed. I know, sugar and color are hard to deny. But there is a better way.

Please take the time to at least peruse the great battles of history. The Battle of Lepanto, The Battle of Tours, or the Battle of the Talas river. It will give you some perspective at just how massive the Islamic threat is in both space and time.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Fellow Mike, nowhere did I even attempt to deny the FACT that there is an existential Islamist threat in our world. My original post was to point out the futility and short-sightedness of the petty back-and-forth bickering going on.

Which is NOT something I care to engage in; I trust that you don't, either.

Finally, I concede that a few words I've chosen were incendiary or even insulting. For that, I apologize.

We're only human...I hope.

Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't care to bicker, either.

Indeed, I recently joined ATS because of the "Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive" thread.

I never imagined I would encounter jihad here! I figured this site was all conspiracy theories and aliens and ufos. Topics that never interested me. But they do now!

I have to thank the re-animation of George Wendt for guiding me to this really cool site.

I am sorry for being curt. Seems like I was lookin for a fight but I am not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join