It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[a little idea]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
When replying to a thread, on the first page, it is great to be able to review the thread upon which you are commenting on. Couldn't it be made possible to always see the last page, or the the page you clicked 'reply' on , when you are posting. This I would much appreciate this . . may even help posting quality by 0.001% maybe .

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Isn't that already a feature?

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by JabbaOnTheDais]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just scroll down past post reply/preveiw, it's there.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
intrepid, it's only there for the first page. I don't believe you can see the text once the thread reaches multiple pages.

Edited to add: It says, "this is a long thread. click here to review it".

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by Bangin]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Now I see what you were saying. It would be nice if it showed you the last few posts of the topic you are replying to.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That is a good idea, it'd be much easier doing it that way rather than opening it on another page.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If the voting box was on every page of the thread most people would be voting on the replies rather than the original poster of the thread. Threads can be hijacked and get off topic so votes that came from replies won�t reflect the creator of the thread and his or her research and discovery. I think it�s much better to leave it as is, only on the 1st page.

It also encourages people to go to the first page and read the initial thread topic keeping more people onboard with the original intent of the thread.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If the voting box was on every page of the thread most people would be voting on the replies rather than the original poster of the thread. Threads can be hijacked and get off topic so votes that came from replies won�t reflect the creator of the thread and his or her research and discovery. I think it�s much better to leave it as is, only on the 1st page.

It also encourages people to go to the first page and read the initial thread topic keeping more people onboard with the original intent of the thread.
[Edited on 25-5-2004 by kinglizard]

I agree with you about the voting box being only on the first page, but I disagree about the reply page. Most replies posted are in relation to a recent post. If things get off topic, replies to the first post wont make much sense anyway. Its part of discussion.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No mods got anything to say about this? Is it possible?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If the voting box was on every page of the thread

Lets get this straight, I am talking about always being able to view the last page of posts beneath your reply area so that you can review the thread more easily when making a reply. ....

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
can I bump this .... whoops * bump*

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Lets get this straight, I am talking about always being able to view the last page of posts beneath your reply area so that you can review the thread more easily when making a reply. ....

Yep, it sure would make it much easier not to have to "excessively quote" people that way, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yep, it sure would damned, I think it would be helpful. People would quote less.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i like earthtone's idea. Hopefully a mod will read it!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think this should be linked next to the post / preview buttons, I am not trying to be a spelling nazi as I goof up often, but there are some post out there that make my eyes bleed.

www.spellcheck.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Good idea lysergic, I understand where you are coming from. Pineapple, I hope that a mod will read it one day !!!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I tell you what lysergic, an even better spellcheck is the google toolbar! If you type in a word wrong on a search it corrects it. Much faster than using some spellchecking website surely?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I suppose googling it would be better, but for some words SC is a must. I am sure google can't correct every idiotic spelling of all words.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I suppose googling it would be better, but for some words SC is a must. I am sure google can't correct every idiotic spelling of all words.

Yeh of course google isn't a proper spellcheck, you have to have moderate acuracy. But it sure is a fast way to sort of spelling questions when posting. Especially with a google toolbar.

top topics

join