It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking Glass Technology- are there any drawings/concepts of it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
I don't see the problem there....

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SeeingBlue]

... and neither do I, and I'm sure neither does Dave. Just so long as we don't pretend it's anything other than that then roll on. I have no problem with speculation but seeing people argue with someone who's only pointing out the fallacy of pretending it's anything more than speculation on a Science & Tech forum makes my heart sink.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It shouldn't have took 2 pages to finally come to this conclusion when the author said "are there any drawings/concepts of it?" That implies enough.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

If you are referring to me, then thanks - I truly appreciate it. My heart sinks, too, when I read this stuff in this forum.

reply to post by SeeingBlue

Then move it to a different forum. May I suggest, and this is by no means a dig at anyone wishing to discuss this, "Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics"? That's my only point. I know this topic deals with sciency-sounding things, but it has nothing to do with actual science, other than an overlapping vocabulary.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Yes, but a science and technology forum that is part of a conspiracy website!

That is the whole point of this place, to come here with like minded people (Yeah, right!), to discuss points of interest.

It is NOT a factual, mainstream science forum...the ATS part of the website should give you a clue to the nature of conversations and topics that are banded around here.

If folks want pure, proven, factual science and technology chat, then i'd suggest going to a website that caters for that...for those that wish to talk about hidden, black or suppressed or otherwise secret or highly theoretical and speculative science and technological ideas...then this is the place for that.

You are wrong. This is Exactly the forum to discuss the fantastic and topics that would be construed as outlandish or even heretical.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Then why does it say 'deny ignorance' in big letters up there? I don't see an asterisk after it, with a footnote of "* Except when discussing anything, in which case just make stuff up and frame it as fact".

Because this is a conspiracy website, one would think the evidential requirements for the subjects at hand would be impeccable. Dealing with plots and conspiracies concerning the entrenched powers of the world, you'd think we'd be expected to demonstrate our massive claims. Apparently that's too hard, so we just say "ah sod it" and start talking about Bigfoot's favourite sandwiches again. That's why people laugh at conspiracy theorists. The theorists can't even demonstrate to each other what's true, let alone to the rest of the world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join