It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking Glass Technology- are there any drawings/concepts of it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I'm not saying that at all. You're putting words into my mouth.

I'm saying as soon as you start to make leaps of faith with reasoning, as soon as you accept conjecture as fact, anything you subsequently discover by going down that route is instantly invalid. That's simply not how science works. It's not how science has ever worked, and it's not how science ever will work.

If someone's hunch is completely devoid of science, borne out of nothing but baseless conjecture, then it's perfectly acceptable to point out posting it in a science forum might be a bad idea, not to mention saying that the pursuit itself is intrinsically pointless.

Yes, the facts are educated guesses. You are advocating making uneducated guesses - something completely different. I know it's fun to play "what if" or pretend to be on the verge of discovering something fantastic, but it's hard work. Most people who achieve such great things do so after working at them for decades, in actual study, with actual equipment. They don't just sit on ATS mashing keyboards talking about drawings they once saw of a device that doesn't exist that uses a form of science that hasn't been discovered.

Gee dave thanks for your input there, I like to consider myself an open minded person that takes anything on board, I know there is technology out there that can revolutionise the world tomorrow. How do I know this? through research. Are you saying that everyone that puts their career and personal life on the line to bring us a snippet of something outside of the box is lying? or a hoax?

Kind of steering away from the OP though, are you saying that this kind of technolgy cannot exist because science says it can't?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Unless these people can categorically prove what they're saying, it's impossible to distinguish their information from a hoax.

Keep an open mind, but not too open or your brains will fall out. We've got to have some level at which we can accept claims as being more than likely true, and for most of the world (and all of science), it's being evidentially supported.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I know there is technology out there that can revolutionise the world tomorrow. How do I know this? through research.

Such as what technology exactly can revolutionise the world, that could be made available tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Get ready for either guesswork, or a misunderstanding of some mundane technology...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I know there is technology out there that can revolutionise the world tomorrow. How do I know this? through research.

Such as what technology exactly can revolutionise the world, that could be made available tomorrow?

Hydroponic Farming is just one example of how the world could be revolutionised it is the future in growing food in barren places. Hydroponics has been used by NASA for years but only just now (I mean now) going commercial. This is just one example others are solar powered technology. All kept under wraps so we have to stay dependent on the powers that be.

Hydroponic farming NASA

[edit on 6-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Get ready for either guesswork, or a misunderstanding of some mundane technology...

Get ready for another snide, arogant remark about how us opened minded individuals have it wrong and that we should listen to our governments and not think for ourselves. Sad and cheap dave Sad and cheap.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"only just now (I mean now) going commercial" Ha! Hardly. Not even CLOSE. Hydroponic farming has been understood for over 100 years. It's not adopted in most places because it's simply not needed. Irrigation, crop rotation, and basic farming techniques developed over the last few hundred years have meant we really don't need it yet. You'll notice the places it's used most are those with limited space, or without natural, fertile, soil (hence NASA being interested). It's too expensive to be used on massive scales in most countries, as just putting seeds in the ground is good enough. Wake Island had a hydroponics farm in the 1930s to grow vegetables for passengers on the Pan Am planes that refuelled there.

So yeah, I was right. You don't understand hydroponic farming or its history, and leapt to the conclusion that there was some secret conspiracy or other underhanded plot as to why it's not being used widespread.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's too expensive

Why is it to expensive? how much would simple hydroponics tents cost in poor barren areas? who regulates the prices of these technologies?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's not just tents. It's nutrients, electricity, pumps, pipes, stands, cleaning agents, spare parts, etc. Not to mention expertise in actually installing it and using it.

The market regulates the price of the equipment.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You are exaggerating. I have a hydroponics set up I built on my own. It's not complicated at all...

And hydroponics is just an example. There are plenty of technologies that exist, that could change the world if allowed to be mass produced and used properly. It's not that they are out of reach because of their cost, there cost is a result of fat cats lobbying to keep them out of the mainstream.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There's a world of difference between a small hydroponics set up and a commercial set up.

And please, let us know of these world-changing technologies that are kept out of our hands due to greed.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You could start with the obvious stuff, like hemp, anything that hurts the sale of Oil.. There are a few.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hemp isn't a technology, it's a foodstuff that shares a very close relationship with a drug.

Your argument has kind of petered out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
On his interview with the Time Traveller Whistle blower: Andrew D. Basiago, he indicates two types of devices. One of which sounds very close to the David Wilcox's mentioned Looking Glass technology.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

Which is a nice story, but nothing more without evidence.

I don't know why some people are so quick to dispense with a need for evidence in order to believe in something they want to. I doubt people here would take such chances with the medication they take or give to their kids.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Go troll somewhere else.

Of course hemp isn't a technology. Neither is farming, but the equipment used is.

If you won't accept hemp as a valid argument because it's a "drug" then why didn't you address anything related to oil? What about the solar power(just now barely starting to reach the affordable market.)

Electric cars, hydrogen engines? Where are these technologies in the mainstream?

Just like a troll to focus on one part of a post for their argument and completely ignore any other relevant information. Do this forum a favor and don't bother replying with another senseless post.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by true-life

Which is a nice story, but nothing more without evidence.

I don't know why some people are so quick to dispense with a need for evidence in order to believe in something they want to. I doubt people here would take such chances with the medication they take or give to their kids.

Another idiotic remark to prove my point. Who are you to judge what someone believes in. Everyone is very aware of the lack of evidence supporting this technology so what is your point?

Of course people don't give their kids medication without knowing anything about it, that's dangerous. Completely unrelated to speculating about looking glass technology.

Seriously, don't bother because you can't post anything we all don't already know or contribute to the subject.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Come on guys, Dave is just asking people to take an (shock! horror!) evidence-based approach to research, rather than relying on hearsay and tall stories. I know it's fun to believe all this magical stuff but without any evidence it's just that, tall stories. If you consider that trolling then it only reaffirms why I don't browse this forum much anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
"Everyone is very aware of the lack of evidence supporting this technology so what is your point?"

Well, from a scientific point of view, it means this "technology" amounts to nothing. I'm sorry, I'm trying to be diplomatic here but if you really are struggling to see the absurdity of that statement then you're really on your own because no amount of rationalization and discussion is going to make you see the light.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The lack of evidence supporting that this technology is obvious, I already said that, so still what is the point you are trying to make. This is already known and still somebody would like to speculate on it at a conspiracy forum.

I don't see the problem there....

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SeeingBlue]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join