It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia, Cause and Cure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hi Guys,
I have been doing a bit of research on Fibromyalgia for my untie who was diagnosed with it a few months ago.
I found some good information at Earth Clinic and Jay Geary i thought i would share with who ever is interested, if there is anything you can add please do.

In a wrap up of all the info below, they believe the cause of Fibromyalia is Fluoride.

By contrast, only a handful of the world’s leading experts on fluoride toxicity have long been aware that the symptoms of the emerging condition known as “fibromyalgia” exactly match those of the most severe form of fluoride poisoning. This little known fact was quietly highlighted by the intense focus on potential Sarin gas exposure for the nearly 200,000 veterans of the first Gulf War who have quietly become the largest single group to ever develop fibromyalgia. Despite the lack of evidence of mass exposure, it remained telling that the top authorities on a nerve gas known to derive all of its toxicity from fluoride proved they could not tell the difference between the lingering effects of Sarin exposure and the symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Of course, when the fluorinated drug Fen-Phen was taken off the market in Sept of 1997, very little attention was paid to the fact that the non-fluorinated version of the same drug remained on the market. Nor was much attention paid to the fact that just months before, in April of 1997, the FDA had forced toothpaste manufacturers to dramatically upgrade their warning labels after suddenly “discovering” that fluoride was severely neurotoxic. EPA scientists in Washington D.C. quickly followed the unpublicized FDA action by calling for an immediate end to the practice of adding fluoride to the water supply, writing in their official letter of opposition that, “Like most Americans, including many physicians and dentists, most of our members had thought that fluoride’s only effects were beneficial – reductions in tooth decay, etc. … We are [now] compelled to consider the likelihood that humans are experiencing damage to their brains and kidneys at the ‘optimal’ level of 1ppm.” www.nteu280.org...

Thanks to medical specialization and the often-slow progression of symptoms, those who develop most of the major symptoms of chronic fluoride poisoning and are eventually diagnosed with “fibromyalgia”, frequently share the experience of being treated like hypochondriacs, as one symptom after the next emerge, are diagnosed & treated separately by physicians. As a result, by the time the condition advances to include nearly the entire list of symptoms (including debilitating “brain fog”, or what Waldbott termed the “loss of mental acuity and ability to concentrate”), the fibromyalgia diagnosis has often been preceded by such labels as “chronic fatigue syndrome”, “depression”, “hypothyroidism”, “irritable bladder”, “irritable bowel syndrome”, “multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome”, and “myofascial pain syndrome”, among others. Labels aside, whether or not those who suffer from fibromyalgia have been officially diagnosed with each of these related conditions, the overwhelming majority have symptoms of each and therefore understand from experience that they are all elements of a single underlying condition.

Ultimately, I know from experience that those suffering from the “brain fog” associated with fibromyalgia may have great difficulty comprehending what I have written here. To those people I say, you really only need to know one thing about the connection between fluoride & fibromyalgia, and that is this: if fluoride is indeed the cause of your condition, you will see a dramatic improvement in your symptoms simply by minimizing your exposure to fluoride. In this way, you can not only prove or disprove the cause of your condition, but even potentially make yourself better at the very same time. In my case, it was only by avoiding…(a) fluorinated drugs [those with "fl" in the chemical name], (b) fluorinated vitamins & supplements [even residual exposure to fluoride from other ingredients, such as those in many multi vitamins], (c) fluoridated water [using only distilled, reverse osmosis water instead], (d) fluoride-rich foods [i.e. tea, foods with water added, etc.), and to a lesser extent, (e) fluoride-based pesticides (i.e. sulfuryl fluoride)…that I was able to reduce how fast fluoride built up in my bloodstream and induced my symptoms of “fibromyalgia.”

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Foods To be Avoided

Aspartame (NutraSweet).

There is a pain receptor in the nervous system known as NMDA. When pain turns from acute to chronic, it involves opening the NMDA pain receptor. Aspartame, which is classified as an excitotoxin, helps stimulate this to happen. People with fibromyalgia appear to already have overly active NMDA pain receptors, making them even more susceptible to the stimulation.

Food additives including MSG (monosodium glutamine) and nitrates. MSG is an additive or flavor enhancer that’s found in many processed and frozen foods, and in some Asian cuisines. It’s presence in the majority of most prepackaged foods is disguised by a number of quaint titles such as “natural flavors” etc. Experts say it can intensify pain symptoms in many individuals. Like aspartame, MSG is classified as an excitotoxin and has the same potential for affecting NMDA receptors.

The same concern is also there in the case for foods containing preservatives such as nitrates, commonly found in lunch meats like ham, bologna, or in bacon.

Sugar, fructose, and simple carbohydrates There is no clear evidence that cutting out simple carbohydrates such as sugar, cake, or white bread will necessarily have an impact on fibromyalgia. What can happen however, is it will reduce symptoms of chronic yeast infection, which is a fungus that thrives on sugars and is thought to be a secondary condition contributing to the pain of fibromyalgia.

Caffeine – including coffee, tea, colas, and chocolate. Because it is considered a stimulant, many fibromyalgia patients turn to caffeine rich beverages as a source of energy. The problem with caffeine is that the ‘up’ is relatively brief, and it is almost always followed by a much longer and deeper sedative effect. Many persons have reported relief from fibromyalgia symptoms almost immediately upon eliminating caffeine from their diet.

Yeast and gluten Although these are two separate food substances, they frequently appear together, particularly in baked goods like cake, donuts, and bread. For this reason, cutting out one, usually means you are cutting out both, which can actually yield two separate benefits for people with fibromyalgia.

In the case of yeast it causes the overgrowth of the yeast fungus in the body. This overgrowth may cause or exacerbate much of the joint and muscle pain experienced by people with fibromyalgia.

Gluten magnifies a condition known as gluten intolerance. Avoiding glutten products can produce enormous positive changes in people suffering from the symptoms of fibromyalgia.

High Fat Dairy Many experts say that high fat dairy products and in particular milk, have been known to stimulate fibromyalgia symptoms. Avoiding these products may help some people turn their health around, however if they feel that dairy is not producing any noticeable adverse reactions, then they should continue using them as they are a beneficial source of many important nutrients.

Nightshade Plants: Tomatoes, chili, bell peppers, potatoes, and eggplant The elimination of this category of vegetables has been noted to relieve fibromyalgia symptoms in a large percentage of fibromyalgia patients. They have also been recognized to trigger symptoms in certain types of arthritis, although the reason is still unknown. If a person sees that they don’t produce a problem however, then they can still be used as they are very nutritious.

Other things to avoid would be fried foods, soda pop or any carbonated beverages. All forms of junk food or any food containing preservatives. Red meat along with alcoholic beverages and all forms of tobacco, should be excluded for those struggling to become free from the symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. It is also recommended for those with fibromyalgia not to drink liquid with meals, or become overly exposed to direct sunlight. I hate being the bearer of bad news as most people with fibromyalgia are chocoholics, but it is strongly recommended that they also not eat any chocolate.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Recommended Diet For Fibromyalgia

One study published in the journal Complementary and Alternative Medicine in 2001 found that patients who ate a vegetarian diet consisting of mostly raw fruits and vegetables, did see a reduction in their fibromyalgia symptoms. Basically an optimum diet for fybromyalgia should be the same as the one followed for those seeking a healthy heart. There is little information available from scientific research on nutrition and diet for the victims of Fibromyalgia. Obviously since there is nothing scientifically proven about which specific foods affect Fibromyalgia, in either positive or negative ways, all of the information here has been gathered from the personal statements of fibromyalgia sufferers themselves. However common sense dictates that eating healthy foods including those low in fat and high in immunity boosting antioxidants and phytochemicals are the correct choice. Such foods besides providing the best nutritional alternative, also work together to provide maximize energy and alertness, and to help minimize the constant fatigue and lethargy that plagues virtually all of those who suffer from this plague. There are plenty of real life instances of people who have overcome their fibromyalgia symptoms simply by changing their diets and lifestyle, so be patient and persevere. You will succeed! Basically an optimum diet would be comprised of mostly raw fruits and vegetables. For an excellent source for information on eating a raw food diet you can go here.
There is plenty of information and lots of recipes available on line regarding eating “raw,” if you would prefer to make your own search. Also food allergies are extremely prevalent amongst those with fibromyalgia, and there are many recorded cases of those who got relief, by identifying and avoiding the offending foods. You can discover your own food sensitivities by eliminating foods that trigger pain. Keeping a food diary is helpful. In your diary write down everything that goes into your mouth, and at the same time track your Fibromyalgia pain. By comparing the two you can understand which foods trigger allergies or pain. It has been found that food allergies also undermine nutrient consumption. In the end result you have to be the one to determine which dietary plan works best for you.

Supplements

There have been many testimonials from former fibromyalgia suferers that healed their condition simply by introducing some, or a combination of all, of the following supplements into their diets. Be somewhat cautious when using multiple supplements simultaneously. Research them properly first and spread them out over the day, taking them according to any accompanying recommendations.

For helping with fibromyalgia pain try this:

magnesium 400 mg. plus malic acid 600 mg. 3 times a day. Take the last dose at bedtime. Take the malic acid with at least a _ tsp. of baking soda in water, to reduce acidity.

For assisting in overall fibromyalgia symptoms try these:

L-Lysine 2 grams 2,000 mgs. 4 times a day taken at alternate times

Another excellent choice is to take 5htp along with Calcium. 5Htp stimulates seratonin production among other benefits. Although 5-HTP is beneficial by itself it can be further enhanced by the following combination. 5-HTP (100 mg) St. John’s wort extract (300 mg 0.3-percent hypericin content), and magnesium (150 to 250 mg) take three times per day. There have been some concerns about the safety of 5-HTP and so it would be advisable to fully research them before beginning this program.

The herb Rhodiola and also CoQ10, both have the ability to enhance cellular energy production. Persons with fibromyalgia are weakened by a decline in ATP production, which can be stimulated by CoQ10 and also by Rhodiola. Taking them both could prove quite effective.

The herb Echinacea has been known to help with fibromyalgia symptoms.

A good probiotic taken after meals can go a long way to helping those with fibromyalga. As can also MSM. Both are helpful in balancing beneficial flora in the intestines. MSM has the advantage of assisting in stripping away candida biofilms in the intestinal tract. Of course that is what the elemental miracle does best. Throughout the entire body!

Ideally before embarking on a new supplement regimen, a three day juice fast would be in order, followed by a colon cleanse. In which order doesn’t really matter so much, but both are extremely helpful. Diminished absorption problems are common in fibromyalgia, causing all nutrients to be needed in increased amounts. Colon cleansing is recommended to rid the gastrointestinal tract of mucus and plaque, which greatly improves nutrient absorption.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by wycky]

[edit on 5/1/2010 by wycky]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda

Apple cider vinegar (organic & unfiltered) 2 tbsp. With at least _ tsp. of baking soda 2 to 3 times a day is the old standby for raising alkalinity. ACV has a reputation for helping with so many diseases, but I have heard of many people receiving phenomenal results with fibromyalgia symptoms, from this simple aid to health.

Borax

Drinking borax in water is another excellent way to bring up your Ph. Mix 1/8 a tsp. of (that’s right, good old Twenty Mule Team) borax in a liter of water, and drink it once a day, but not all at once. (five days on two days off) What ever form of borax you choose, make sure it’s 100% borax with no additives.

Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

Drinking several drops at a time, of food grade hydrogen peroxide in water, will definitely help in many ways, besides helping to raise your alkalinity. Many fibromyalgia sufferers claim to receive a greatly needed boost of energy by placing several drops of H202 in a glass of water, with a _ tsp. of baking soda, and drinking it first thing in the morning. I would advise against taking hydrogen peroxide in the evening, if you want to sleep. Always drink H202 on an empty stomach. There is an entire cleanse you can undergo using hydrogen peroxide, by starting with 3 drops in a glass of water 3 times a day, and increasing a drop a day, working your way up to 25 drops 3 times a day, and then working your way back down. Hydrogen peroxide has been used for over a hundred years to cure diseases of all descriptions. Hydrogen peroxide radically oxygenates the cells of the body causing an unhealthy environment for all diseased (anaerobic) cells. Be intelligently cautious when using hydrogen peroxide internally. Food grade H202 is usually 30% when you get it, and not the 3% most of us are familiar with. You can order it at following site and read more about it.

www.dfwx.com...

Baking Soda

Ordinary baking soda is also good for raising alkalinity. Put a small amount in your water or whatever your drinking throughout the day. One final note on alkalinity. You might want to get some litmus paper and check your Ph every once and a while, just to see how your progressing. Do it first thing in the morning, or wait for at least two hours after you’ve eaten.

For Pain From Fybromyalgia

Oil Pulling

www.oilpulling.com...

The ancient technique of oil pulling has been reported to do wonders for fibromyalgia pain sufferers. It’s a very simple process involving using a tbsp. of oil (sesame or sunflower) and swishing it in the mouth for 15 to 20 minutes. It’s always done on an empty stomach, usually first thing in the morning. I have heard of many people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia who give it full credit for not only helping eliminate their pain, but completely healing them. It’s actually a very powerful remedy and you can find out all you would ever want to know about, it by going to this website. www.oilpulling.com...

Colloidal Silver

By putting colloidal silver in a nasal spray bottle and inhaling it fibromyalgia headaches have been reported to be cured. Don’t take in too much repeatedly, as colloidal silver is known to be toxic, if used repeatedly in too massive an amount.

Apple Cider Vinegar For Fibromyalgia Pain

Apple cider vinegar straight, or slightly diluted (2 tbsp.) has been seen to relieve fibromyalgia pains within thirty minutes.

The End

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time and energy to look up all of this information for us fibromyalgics! There is a plethora of information here and I am definitely going to be trying these things out!

Again, thank you for caring,
FibroKat

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
some of this stuff sounds sill, especially oil pulling. I really don't buy in to allot of this stuff. But God bless and good luck

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Excellent post, interesting stuff, thanks so much for putting it all together.

I have been a sufferer for many years and thanks to your post I have discovered some information here that I was unaware of, which might well help.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have tried to go to several doctors to describe my health problems.

Since I had back surgery many years ago my symptoms have been these.

1) Extreme pain and stiffness in all of my joints. Usually more severe in the mornings.

2) Moderate pain and stiffness, with swelling in my major muscle masses.

3) Extreme fatigue and lethargy.

4) Brain fog and headaches. These severe when they develop but does not show up often. Only every 3-4 weeks will I have a bout of it.

5) The pain and stiffness in both joints and muscles can be alleviated with extreme excercise but returns immediately the next day.

6) Sometimes the joints become so locked up that I have to force the joint to move and release.

7) Since the development of it coincided with the surgery. I have looked into the material that is injected when they did the CT Scan. Guess what, high level of flouridic compounds. They no longer use this type dye and never gave the reasons behind it.

Several doctors I have gone to like to give the old time we do not like to give pain pills routine. I had never asked for any pain pills, I asked for them to help diagnose what my condition is. A couple of tests later (they usually do not spend any time whatsoever on it) and of course nothing can be found. The last two times I asked for tests I requested them to check for fluoride or other type heavy metal contaminants. Of course the last doctor told me the insurance company would no longer pay for anymore tests. He of course he was insinuating the standard line.

Almost everything on your list is what I eat or drink or smoke.

I have told myself I should start trying to change my diet. Of course we are creatures of habit and we usually like to eat what we want.

I do avoid almost all sources of fluoride(Tom's Toothpaste, no tap water, etc) and the newer chemical problems like aspartame over the past 3 years and my symptoms have slightly diminished. I guess I better take the next step and start with the rest of my diet.

Thank you for this thread.

It is not in your head.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thank you for the collection of data. My step-mother has been suffering with the illness for a decade now and the only thing doctors have perscribed her is more and more pain medication, leaving her with a severe opioid addiction on top of her disease. I will pass this info on to her so hopefully one day she can live a normal life.

-E-

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for researching and posting all this info. It certainly is a lot to digest. Much of what you posted seems like it be useful to try even if not suffering from Fibromyalgia. Kind of like a detox.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Everything sounds good but i highly recommend against the combo of ACV and baking soda to raise alkalinity. Just have him stick to a primarily veg diet of leafy greens and lots of fruits and he'll be alkaline in no time without having to resort to poisons(vinegar)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
S&F!

One of many diseases produced from malnutrition I'd imagine. I remember researching ADHD and believing that I and everyone I knew were symptomatic. Perhaps we are in varying degrees.

I've forever questioned the extents of my procrastinations in the past. Then again, it could just be laziness. Then again, a few decades ago they said that the autistic were simply misbehaved and the homosexual were mislead by Satan.

For anyone looking for a layman's overview of the disease (as was I):

FMS is a chronic illness. Not just a form of muscular rheumatism, it's actually a neurotransmitter dysfunction. (Neurotransmitters are what the brain uses to tell the body what to do) We think 4% or more of all people have FMS. One symptom is a type of dysfunctional sleep called the alpha delta sleep anomaly. As soon as people with FMS reach the deep level sleep, alpha brain waves intrude and jolt them back to shallow sleep. Not only are they denied refreshing sleep, but delta level is when the body does its repair work, and chemical replenishment. If people with FMS are immobile at any time, such as during travel, or sitting in a meeting, their muscles get rigid and painful. Morning stiffness can be severe. FMS symptoms fluctuate from hour to hour and day to day, and often worsen with changes in barometric pressure. It's no wonder that FMS is one of the most mis-diagnosed illnesses. Doctors often refer FMS patients to psychologists or psychiatrists, and yet recent studies show that psychologically, FMS patients have about the same amount of abnormal psychology as Rheumatoid Arthritis patients. An editorial in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1987 stated that "FMS, a disease which may have occupied five minutes of time in medical school really exists and is a major cause of morbidity and disability." People with FMS have a history of being misunderstood and doubted. Research is showing that people with FMS have defects in the neuroregulatory system, especially the neurotransmitters. They have low growth hormone, which is involved with muscle repair. Some researchers think that the key problem is a CNS abnormality upstream of the spinal cord. The FMS body is an engine idling at 35% power, rather than a normal 5%. Most FMS patients have memory and cognitive impairments. In FMS there is an abnormal production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, melatonin, norepinephrine, dopamine, and other chemicals which help control pain, mood, sleep and the immune system. It looks like there is a genetic predisposition. Often there has been a trigger event, such as an accident. An American College of Rheumatology study in 1992 found the the impact of FMS on your life is as bad, or worse , than Rheumatoid Arthritis. They listed one major factor in this as "clinician bias". FMS patients don't look sick, so they are often victimized by clinicians, family, and friends, leaving them with self doubt, guilt, and loss of self-esteem. FMS patients have 3 times the normal amount of substance P in their spinal fluid. Substance P tells the body how much pain it feels. They also have more pain receptors. They are hypersensitive to everything .. sort of like the "Princess and the Pea" in nursery stories. Little things that others take for granted, like wringing out a wash cloth, or writing a letter, become pain endurance sessions. A comparative analysis in the Journal of Rheumatology this year found that the quality of life for women with FMS is worse than for those who have Rheumatoid Arthritis, osteroarthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or insulin-dependent diabetes.

Source

[edit on 5-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There are lots of considered causes for fibromyalgia. But it is just a wastebasket diagnosis. Some doctors still don't even consider it a real disorder.

Fibro is often linked, or even considered the same as chronic fatigue syndrome. It was recently found that 67% of patients with cfs have a retrovirus. A virus that stays with you permenantly.

This might explain why fibro sufferers always feel like they are coming down with teh flu.

Another is Vitamin D deficiency.

A supplement that helps fibro is D-Ribose. Weightlifters use it to shorten the pain and severity of muscle pain from hard workouts. It was found to shorten the length of recover for the heart, and recommended post surgery for hearth patients.

I found it decreased my fibro symptoms a little. It gives cells amino acids to recouperate.

As for fluoride, I haven't used fluoride in a while, and my symptoms have gotten worse.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Thank you for the collection of data. My step-mother has been suffering with the illness for a decade now and the only thing doctors have perscribed her is more and more pain medication, leaving her with a severe opioid addiction on top of her disease. I will pass this info on to her so hopefully one day she can live a normal life.

-E-

At present time I think pain meds are appropriate treatment for a chronic disease like this: chronic pain makes life unliveable. Until you've been there you can't begin to understand what never-ceasing pain is like. Does your uncle have an understanding doctor to treat his pain? If you'd rather u2 me about it I would be very interested in knowing, and would share what I know about such situations with you.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
my dads just rung me to tell me i must come on here immediately and read this .. so here i am lol .. and wow .. i was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5 years ago .. and i cant tell you two things .. it hurts like hell and its frustrating . and is very hard for those who are not sufferers to understand. im goung to follow the links and gather some more information and try some of the things you have suggested . i have a mould allergy which started at the same time as my fibro . and i now have to carry an epipen ; and an inhalable form of adrenaline too . being allergic to moulds you often cannot see is no fun i can assure you of that ..
i cant eat anything with yeast in it .. msg and aspartame leave me vertually incapable of walking within 8 to ten hours of consuming them .. preservatives and additives to foods do the same .. i can eat fresh veggies . fresh meat has to be organic . and i drink green tea .. . how do you get rid of flouride out of water tho ? or what can you buy as a substitue . im about to retry the apple cider vinegar thing as i didnt persevere long enough last time .. and one more thing ive tried that helped my headaches is MUCINEX it makes the kindeys extract sulphides from the system and allows the lymphatic system to drain properly . it drained years worth of uncleared sinus infections within 5 hours of taking it .. i had a runny nose for 3 weeks .. i still take it but only 600mg a day now .. and it made me feel worse to start with . (i didnt think i could actually feel any worse but you can ) as for understanding docotors .. im in the uk and theyre just confused .. i was recently sent to see a rheumatologist by a new doctor who insisted i had arthritis and not fibro . and he put me on an antiflammatory drug that also supressed my immune system and in one day i couldnt walk i had no strength in my legs . surely it cant be that hard for the medical proffesion to take sufferers seriously

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Greetings All,

I have been a passive visitor to ATS for quite some time now, but finally decided to jump in. ATS provides a wonderful platform for the exchange of a wide range of viewpoints, so here goes.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 2000 after 12 months of rigorous and painful testing. When I watch the TV show House I can relate to the patients and am more than familiar with the procedures that are performed. I once saw a list of 13 symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia and observed that I experienced all but one. My primary physician had me on pain-killers (oxycontin, percolate to name two), antidepressants, anti-anxiety, sleep medications in addition to the OTC supplements that I was taking. I would down 22 different pills three times a day. I became 100% disabled in 2005 and was forced to leave my job as an IT professional at one of the major discount retailers. The pain was constant, the fatigue caused me to sleep (or remain in bed) for up to 36 hours at a time. I was on the verge of suicide on more than one occasion.

Then in 2006 I was arrested and incarcerated (a long ugly story) for 18 months. During that time my diet went from being primarily organic and vegetarian to eating processed and canned "jail-food" and instead of filtered water was drinking from taps and plumbing that I can only imagine. I was broke, abandoned, and pretty much left to rot. I continued to receive most of the medications while incarcerated, but decided to rid myself of the addiction to oxycontin. An altogether horrible ordeal, some would call it "The Black Night of the Soul" only it lasted almost two weeks.

Cutting to the chase, coming out on the other-side of this experience 98% of the Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue symptoms have vanished, save for some moderate stiffness in my hands. I eat what I want including red meat, sweets, foods with MSG, only in moderation. I do stay away from the HFCS and artificial sweeteners as well as drink only water filtered in my gravity fed system at home. I take no medications, not even OTC. I am in my late 50's, look like I am in my early 40's, and feel better than I did when I was 30.

So, what am I saying in all this? Only to say that the Universe (God) does indeed work in mysterious ways. Will the condition re-emerge one day? Perhaps, but I choose not to dwell on that, only to enjoy the health and well being of today.

Peace, Love, and Great Sympathies to anyone suffering from this condition,
Rufus51

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rufus51

Wow, sounds like you've been around the fence a couple of times.

That must have been pure hell getting off that stuff in those conditions, but now you have found you are free of the chronic condition.

I have never been prescribed oxycontin and would not want to be, from what I have heard about it. Isn't that what they call hillbilly heroin? Doctors should not prescribe something like that for longterm use, in my opinion. Anyway, glad you came out so well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by awesomebikerbabe
.. . how do you get rid of flouride out of water tho ? or what can you buy as a substitue .

If you want to avoide Flouride in water you will need a Reverse Osmoises Filter or switch to bottled water, our better yet see if you can find a brand that carries water in a cask instead of bottled because bottled water contains BPA.

Thanks for all the feed back and info guys

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
To my understanding as a physician somewhat knowledgeable of this disease, the best outcome for fibromyalgia is obtained by following the Tietelbaum protocol ( see www.vitality101 ). His book is called "From Fatigued to Fantastic." He treats CF/FM as the same disease with a published placebo-controlled study to prove his method successful. He gives his protocol out for free but you will need a good physician with experience in complementary/alternative treatments to implement it. The main root of the problem is apparently hypothalamic dysfunction that then impacts on every system of the body, hence all the varied symptoms and the varied treatments. The core problem is a deficit in mitochondrial energy production caused by many things(mt-DNA damage by viruses, toxins, oxidation, nutritional deficiencies, inadequate mitochondrial function due to hypothyroidism, drugs such as statins, etc, or primary or secondary adrenal fatique from chronic physical or emotional stress, etc) that hits the hypothalamus first as it is an energy-intensive brain center.
The cure involves restoration of hormonal balance, often requiring supplemental hydrocortisone and T3/T4, restoring mitochondrial energy production as much as possible (Ribose, acetyl-L-carnitine, CoQ10, Rhodiola, antioxidant vitamins, B-complex, etc), possibly hGh. Finally stress-management to stop the cascade of stress/hyperadrenalism--->excess mitochondrial damage.
Hope this helps. A good link to find such a doctor is via www.bodylogicmd.com or the institute for functional medicine or the american academy of antiaging medicine.

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I too have been diagnosed with "fibromyalgia". I can't say that actually because that is just a catch all name for a myriad of conditions that just mean they don't know what's wrong with you.

First of all, I agree totally that people need to watch their diet and their intake of flouride. The important thing with supplements and diet is BALANCE. Everything is toxic at high levels. Improving your diet can only help in improving your overall health. Diet is most likely responsible for most conditions suffered by people today. Most the things you need to stay healthy are readily available to you in nature but are harder to find in our consumer driven economy.

I would greatly encourage everyone to eat more raw vegetables and stop eating fried foods. I'm sure there is information somewhere on a healthy diet and immune system. Drink Green tea, some really good stuff.

I would also like to point out that dosing yourself with high levels of toxic chemicals such as "Colloidal Silver" is not a good idea. Actually I dunno what this stuff is, but I'm reminded of Zicam, I believe it was, selling the zinc nasal inhaler that caused people to completely lose the ability to smell....

As it turned out I have an issue with my sacroiliac joint that causes my spine to be out of balance and causes all the symptoms required to diagnose fibromyalgia.

I know that others too suffer from this same disorder and are often misdiagnosed as having "fibromyalgia". If you want to learn more about this disorder you can visit my doctors website. The link is at the bottom of this post. He is currently doing a study on fibromyalgia patients and this disorder.

I think if you start out believing there is a fibromyalgia you will never find out what is really wrong because you won't look in the right area. Since becoming more aware of fibromyalgia I have seen many scientists saying it's this or it's that, the latest before this fluoride research was a bunch of psychiatrists saying it was in the brain, or as I tend to think THEY'RE saying "it's all in your head". The reason being so that the psychiatrists can get on the band wagon now and start prescribing drugs to treat fibromyalgia.

I hope that you find the answers you seek and some relief from this disorder.

http//www.fibromyagliacauseandcure.com/

[edit on 5-1-2010 by haplo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join