It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elders to Make Announcement of 2010 Coming Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Mayan elder, Carlos Barrios of the 'Clan de Aguila' (the Eagle clan). Has set
up an interview with earth changes media for Thursday January 8th to talk about the upcoming events for 2010. This
interview will be recorded and available earth changes media audio archive page.
www.earthchangesmedia.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darkangle2bad

Do you know anything about this elder? Do you have any idea what changes he is referring to? Or is this simply an advertisement for this website?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Common Garden Variety Doom and Gloom - all for the Special rate of $25 per 8 month membership.

Hurry... for one week only!

Nuff Said!

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I noticed there was a fee associated with this information.

Quite frankly, I'm shocked.

OK, seriously isn't 2012 just the end of the Mayan calendar as my 2009 calendar ended a few days ago?

It doesn't mean anything, just that they have to make a new calendar. Maybe he is selling new Mayan calendars.

Yes, I'm aware that the Mayans are no longer around.....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I can tell you how to save pennies in your weekly shopping, its a secret told to me by ancient egyptian pharoahs, it'll cost you $40 to hear the secrets.
I can sell you the secrets to immortality, my cats spirit guide told me, it'll cost you $50.
I can tell you the secrets of how to get a great looking girlfriend, it'll set you back $100 .

Knowledge that has far reaching and potentially global consequences should NEVER be sold, otherwise its a scam, and shall be treated as such, it will be ridiculed, pulled apart and laughed at, the propser will be ridiculed and be told is a scam artist, and so they should, morals takes a back seat these days, if I had information which affected millions I for one wouldn't sell it, I'd tell it. I wouldn't have to gain anything by keeping it secret. but thats the world we live in today, money talks and s**t walks.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Man, this is even worse than the webbot scam.
Kudos to the guy for trying to make a buck, he probably will too.
Its a pity i have this sense of honour in me otherwise i would knock something out to sell to fools.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Man, this is even worse than the webbot scam.
Kudos to the guy for trying to make a buck, he probably will too.
Its a pity i have this sense of honour in me otherwise i would knock something out to sell to fools.

How do you figure the webbot is a scam? I pay $10 bucks every 3-4 month for one of their reports. I pay $50 bucks more a month on my morning coffee from Kwik Trip. Many of the the web bot predictions have been dead on. (No pun intended.) I don't see how paying $10 bucks for a prediction report (that is often quite accurate!) is a scam. $10 is hardly a scam.

And although I'm sure I won't pay $50 to hear what the Mayan Elders say, you have to remember that the internet is now to people what books used to be. When people spend years accumulating interesting information or research, they used to publish it in a book, and earn money off of books.

Nowadays, dispersing information via the internet is much faster, much easier, much cheaper, and can reach a vast amount of people, compared to book publishing. So, a well timed press release selling time-sensitive information on the internet could probably make someone a hell of a lot more money than spending years writing a book. Just because someone makes money on their research/information, doesn't make them a scam artist.

Think about it. You make money at your job...whatever it is that you do. Just because you make money doing what you do, does that make you a scam artist?

I'm not saying that there AREN"T scam artists out there. There are definitely quite a few. But just because someone charges money for information does not make them a scam artist. If people find value in that information, they are willing to pay for it, just like they used to pay for daily newspapers. (Not so much anymore!)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Out of curiosity, how long have you been getting the reports? Where you one who fell for their marketing ploy of last year?
We have this product you see, if i remember correctly it was over $200 for a subscription at one point, a product that came out with the owners claiming the future was so dire that they themselves where shutting the operation down so they can prepare and live out the rest of the short time left in peace.
R.I.P Webbot.
Then amazingly just a couple of months after all of the sudden Webbot lives, turns out Ure and co didnt disappear through a dimensional rift and the future is bright enough to continue their reports all at a new and improved low cost rate.

Just how many people signed up for it? lots it seems. Job done, marketing scam 101 works well. If they truly think they are helping the human race they would not treat it like a work of fiction.
And quite frankly, you and i can get the same amount of correct hits if we applied ourselves.
Thing is it gets the big ones wrong, and they are the reason people are even slightly interested in the first place.
It is a scam, all be it a succesful one.

Incidently you cant even put a copy of the reports in a public forum as it corrupts their webbots data, proof in it self it is a flawed system. To put the whole report up you get threatened with legal action by breaking copyright law, yet that is not the reason they claim you cant publish it.

Anyway off topic really. Seems like Carlos does not want to miss out either.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darkangle2bad

Way to help some scum bag scammer make some moneys.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Myan elder ehhh where the visa card, and while I am at it let me just lower my trousers and bend over this table

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
How do you figure the webbot is a scam? I pay $10 bucks every 3-4 month for one of their reports. I pay $50 bucks more a month on my morning coffee from Kwik Trip.

It's not my intention to come across as being rude but rationalizing something away is the first sign of denial! The proper medical term for that is 'cognitive dissonance'.

Many of the the web bot predictions have been dead on.

Really which ones? I can't remember any!

I don't see how paying $10 bucks for a prediction report (that is often quite accurate!) is a scam. $10 is hardly a scam.

That term has such a friendly ring to it... "Prediction Report".

It's obvious you don't know what a scam is and that is why (surprise, surprise) you are being scammed!

A scam has less to do with the monetary figure than it does the overall strategy. The most successful and long running scams don't hurt the victim too much otherwise it rouses suspicion and/or anger and it's game over. Your reaction to the meager $10 is exactly the reaction they wish to illicit.

Now... when you calculate $10 over say.. 200,000 people (conservative estimate) a few times a year, you are making enough money to buy a mansion in a lovely Orange County gated community, drinking cocktails from sunrise to sunset.

That my friend is a successful scam!

IRM

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

WAIT! People pay for webbot reports?!?!?!
WHY?!?! It would not be difficult to construct a web spider that counts key words and allows people to make prediction off this. A small cluster of Pentium D bare bones would do the job easily.

new topics

top topics

join