It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anjem Choudary is right !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Having just watched an interview on GMTV this morning, in which Choudary met with the father of a serviceman killed in Afganistan, I have to say Choudary was the one who spoke sense. In reply the media used words like radical and fanatic...yea the usual.

He stated that it was a false war and raised the question of the rights of the afganistan civilians killed by a foreign army on their soil.

The mindset of the father was immovable to the extent that he interupted any point that did not agree with his own, namely that we as Uk citizens who elected the government should whole heartedly support our troops no matter what the government tells them, where to go or what to do.

This scared me, because with all due respect to the father and his dead son soldier, his was an ideology based on media brainwashing.

Choudary obviously has his own motives for his requested demonstration with empty coffins, but I ask? Can you think of a better way to make the publicity/media bandwaggon the weapon to get your word accross? to make it known that this is a false war.....( Which most if not all of us believe)

I agree in total with his comments about the war in afganistan, it is merely a way of generating money with the military industry complex. It is wrong to be in anothers country under the guize of fighting terror and it is evil that afghan civilians are being killed on their own soil protecting their own land and country.

Respects

[edit on 5-1-2010 by captiva]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'll admit I am struggling with this. I actually agree with some of what they say. And many of us on these pages have said similar - except of course it sounds more acceptable if it is not coming out of the mouth of a radical Muslim....
For those who say the views are traitorous, they have short memories. There has been more than one anti war march and if the government had denied them, we would be the first to call foul. I think the difference here is that Islam UK is such a radical organisation. Also the proposed venue is akin to treading on graves, in my opinion.

Perhaps Islam UK believes there is no such thing as bad publicity. Well they certainly got their publicity but it has only served to create anti Islamic sentiment. So ultimately self defeating.
But maybe their intention was just to get up peoples noses all along.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have no issues with a anti-war protests, I don't feel Wootten Bassett is the right place to protest tho.

I do have issues with Islam4UK, and their desire to impose Sharia on the nation, and feel this protest is part of that agenda, rather than a anti-war protest.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I cannot agree with the guy-he sends letters to grieving parents saying their dead soldier offspring will "burn in hellfire."
This IMO,is as bad as the scum who hold banners saying "god loves 911"etc(westboro baptists).

I do not agree with the war,but I would not wish to insult those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice-after all,the soldiers are doing what they are told by the government,who are the real criminals in this case I believe.

This Choudary Gimp is guilty of not only perverting his own religion into a hate/terror machine,he is also perverting the anti war movement into a sick joke.

People who hold banners saying "Behead those who insult Islam" have no place in any anti war group.
He is not anti war,he is pro terror,and should be deported with the rest of his band of jerks.

It would not surprise me if the government brought in new laws on the back of this fools actions-which will of course make legitimate anti war protests illegal.
Never let a crisis go to waste,as they say.

new topics

top topics

join