It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal UFO experiences thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'd like to hear ATS personal stories on any UFO encounters.
I'll share one that stands out.

I have no explanation for any of this. And it's not the sort of thing I discuss at all usually.

The Water Theives.

At 18. I came home from a teens night on the town, I wasn't drunk as I drove my friends home. When I got home I parked in my garage, I got out I saw a bright light from the other side of the house where the pool was and with it then ensued a sound. Now the only way I can describe it was a deep hum like the rats hear in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the nazi symbol is burned mysteriously from the cart containing the ark (sounds silly but that's the only similar thing I have heard).

My feet were rooted on the driveway and I couldn't move forward, the sound stopped after about 20 seconds ( i couldnt tell) and another flash of light and all was ok as I could move again. I thought that someone had slipped me a mickey in my drink.

I went to sleep and woke up the next day to a kerffufle. Dad had a plumber around, our pool (large inground pool) had been drained of water over night. The plumber said ther was no ground draining issue. Also the pump we used to drain the pool once a year was a grade A one and it usually took about 48 hours to drain and was extremely loud. Who would steal water from a pool? And how was it done so steathly?

So thats my odd tale.

OK I've confessed, who is next?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I can communicate with Ufos.
see video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In the early eighties, I was going to work for the night shift. I had to travel a highway that went around a bay to the factory where I worked. It was a very clear night and although not winter, it was very cold and clear.

I stopped and pulled over on the other side of the factory as I thought that all of the lights reflecting on the bay would make a great picture, and thought that I would bring my Dad there when he visited the next week.

As i stood looking at the lights, one light to the right of the factory caught my eye. I remember thinking that it was rather high for a street light as that's what I first thought that it was.

The light slowly started rising into the air and all of a sudden shot up into the sky at a fantastic speed. I watched it until it disappeared out of sight and realized that I had just witnessed a UFO.

The whole experience only lasted around 5 seconds, but knowing that nothing known to this earth could explain it, started me on a personal quest to find out more.

Certainly not as exciting as most experience, but enough for me to question what is going on in the skies.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am posting the exact words that I typed on Mutter.

Me and my pops were sitting at the park just up the street one spring
night. We had been sitting there a few minutes when he noticed something moving from the southeast to the northeast of us. At first I just shrugged it off as an airplane considering that I live about ten miles from a regional airport and i live under a busy air corridor. After a few seconds I looked up and that is when I saw it meandering from one side of the valley to the other. What I saw was a huge triangular shaped object making what seemed to be a 90 degree turn. So we watched it for as long as five to six minutes before it disappeared behind the hillside and we haven't seen the thing since.

When we saw this object, it was on a night that was clear as a bell. There wasn't a cloud in the sky at the time. It had to have been somewhere around 10:30 to 11:00 at night when it happened. As for exactly how big the craft was in shear size. Judging from where I was sitting in relation to the craft's height. This thing had to be over a mile wide. As for how high in altitude this object was at, I would have to say that it was up somewhere close to 20 - 30,000 feet.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thats some pretty cool footage you got there

especially the light show part.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Last March I was sitting in the backyard, at night, with my wife and our friend. Our conversation ended up on UFOs, aliens, etc. We had never heard our friends views on the subject and wanted to hear his opinion, and let him hear ours. We talked at least an hour about UFO's and aliens. (I am very passionate about the subject)

Our friend had never looked into the evidence, watch the more important alien videos, or heard any convincing testimony from reliable sources, like most of us here at ATS probably have. I had a lot to tell him to get him up to speed. My friend basically listen to me for an hour with his eyes glazing over, sinking back into his seat. His face had the look of,"Well, look at the time..."

In the middle of me going on and on about UFO's, my friend subtly and silently just lifted his finger to the sky. I looked behind me to see what he was pointing at when I saw a huge Tylenol pill shaped craft zooming by. It was blinking on and off slowly and it had a florescent light bulb glow. The light was very bright, but soft and diffused. There were some very thin, low scattered clouds that night. The craft passed through a couple of them and lit it up. It looked to be about double wide trailer sized , 500ft off the ground, doing about 200 to 300 mph, and completely silent.

After it passed, I turned to my friend and said,"Did you see that? SEE?!!" At this point my friend was not speaking or even processing information anymore. He was done for the evening. My wife had her back turned and missed it all.

I went to MUFON and reported it and found there was another report of a siting that same day about 4 hours earlier just 15 miles away. Don't you find it kinda weird to have a UFO siting when you are talking about UFOs? It would be something to be talking about a car wreck and see a car wreck, but odds on this is even more inconceivable.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Driving North on Highway 285 with two clients on a flyfishing excursion to the Conjeos river in Colorado we saw a green glowing orb the size of a basketball pace our PU at 60mph along the eastern fenceline and eventually fade away.

2 years ago walking my dogs in the desert midday I saw a black orb fly into a cloud bank and emerge in a different place a few seconds later and disappear.

Chillin on top of the girls dorm in Eastern New Mexico a long time ago, my friends and I saw 3 disc's, in a triangle formation, dark Grey in color traverse the sky about 7pm from the east to disappear on the western horizon.

Went to see these....www.qsl.net... when playin a blues festival gig in a Terlingua, Texas. Spooky...

Also had other high strangeness experiences that doesn't really fit into this category.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was in fifth grade, my mom was driving me home from school and we came to a stop light. I noticed the moon was out at the time, but that wasn't what was odd. Right next to the moon there was this ENORMOUS silver orb just hovering over where AT&T'S Global operations center. It took off so quick that it was like it instantaneously disappeared.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was perhaps 8 years old, running to my neighbors house to get my little sister for dinner.

As I waited on the porch for her I gazed upward, and saw a silver disk with neon pink around the edges zip across the sky and be gone in maybe 5 seconds.

Haven't seen a damn thing since and I'm 27.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The first one happened when i was eight: i state beforehand that this one was some natural occurrence for sure, (i'd like to know C.H.U.D.'s opinion about it, btw), but it was an UFO to my eyes.
I was in my porch, it was summer, probably August.
Suddenly, some huge ball of fire fell from somewhere: it seemed to me (i could swear, but maybe i'm wrong) that it slowed down: then it splitted into two parts, then both vanished below the horizon.
When i've told the story to my parents, they thought i was making up the story (i was a HUGE liar when i was child, but i used to do it just for fun): it was very sad for me to not be believed

But the day after, with much of my parent's surprise, our neighbor asked to my dad if he did see the "spectacle" the night before: he described the scene exactly as i did. My dad apologised for his diffidence towards me, but since that day i've stopped lying, (at least i've stopped doin' it systematically).
That event impressed me so much that i've been thinking about it for years: probably my love for the mysteries in the sky started that day.

The second one happened when i was 17: i was on the beach together with a bunch of friends, and it was summer as well: towards the sea, close to the horizon, there was some blinking light, it wasn't very bright at the start.
Someone noticed it, we all thought it was some boat. Then, the brightness of the object increased, and the object started to rise, in some erratic path
(like a zig-zag): once it reached a certain altitude, it seemed stop blinking
and vanished toward the direction opposite to us: this quick animation
should make the point, more or less:

The sighting was reported by many tourists and residents, and some local
newspaper also published a short article some days after.
That's all (i can share). I consider myself lucky because in both cases what i saw was confirmed by someone else, but i also know how frustrating is to not be believed when you tell the truth.
Thanks to Zazz and to everyone else for sharing your stories.

-internos

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The first time I saw something I couldn't identify in the sky was at Glastonbury festival in 1994, I was sober not on drugs and maybe 30 or so people saw the same thing as I, it wasn't Chinese lanterns either, just a very strange light in the sky hovering above the festival, it moved off after about two minutes gliding slowly then sped up and disappeared, I was walking up a hill at the time and lots of people stopped as they were walking and looked to see what it was everyone was pointing at, it wasn't a mass a hallucination, it happened and I have no answer as to what it was?
The second time I saw an object in the sky I couldn't identify was in Oxford (UK) 2001, I was visiting a friend for the evening and we went outside in his back garden to have a cigarette (he has children and doesn't smoke in the house) the weather was bad that night, it wasn't raining but it was very very windy and cold, we we're standing there chatting away when out of my peripheral vision I saw a movement to the right and above me, I looked up to see what it was and saw something that changed both mine and my friends outlook on life from that moment onwards, two craft were flying across the sky, I'm uncertain what height they were flying at but it wasn't as high as an aeroplane maybe the height of a big block of flats, it's hard to tell exact heights from the ground, these two craft were boomerang shaped and swirling around each other as they sped through the night sky, they were travelling really fast, faster than any man made machine I've ever seen, they seemed to me like two boomerangs tied together with a piece of invisible string so they went above and then below each other really fast and strange in their movement, they were silent, not a sound other than the wind could we hear, they also had no lights on them, it was over in maybe five seconds and they were gone, speeding off into the clouds so we could no longer make them out.
I had dropped my cigarette on the floor with amazement and turned to my friend to ask if he'd just seen what I had, his mouth hanging open and the look of astonishment on his face told me all I needed to know, he'd seen it all right, the next day both me and my friend searched the internet for any other sighting around the same time and place but found nothing, we reported it to the police and asked them if anyone else had seen anything and the officer said no, they had no reports of objects in the sky that night, we were a bit baffled by this, we thought a least one other person must have seen what we did but it seems even to this day nobody had.

The way this sighting changed me and my friend was the fact we saw something other than a mysterious light in the sky, it wasn't a human craft that much I do know as the nature of the way these craft were travelling was literally out of this world, we had seen a UFO and nothing on Earth can change that, since that night we have both pursued UFOlogy and read as much as we can get our hands on about the subject, both our partners thought (at the time) we were either making it up or nut's, but came around to the idea we had seen something after time when the fad of searching for UFO information hadn't worn off, this was nine years ago and we are both still looking for information on the subject we read books and watch videos, and I'm on here still looking.

I feel privileged to have seen these craft and it has changed the course of my life, I would have gone through life scoffing at UFO sightings and lived with my head in the sand entirely, had I not seen them.
Just recently I was driving to work early in the morning and saw a very strange light over a local RAF base, duno what it was I typed some info on that sighting here.

All in all I believe in UFO's, I think some may be man made people see and video, but there are others like these boomerang craft I saw with my own two eyes that are not.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Back in the early nineties myself and a friend went to a concert on an organised coach trip. The coach dropped us off at the bottom of our village in the very early hours of the morning. We walked into the village and went our separate ways, as I neared my home I was walking along the pavement and I suddenly noticed from nowhere a circle of light in front of me on the path. This circle of light was about 2 feet in diameter, now what was extra strange was that the street was lit with street lights so this circle of light had to be really bright to show up on the path but there was no beam of light visible in the sky leading to a source. There were no sounds in the sky, the was no traffic all was quiet, I just stood still for maybe 5 seconds looking at this circle of light and then it disappeared. When it disappeared I looked up to the sky and there was nothing to be seen so I dismissed it thinking "that was a bit strange" and continued home and went to bed.
The next day I met my friend in the pub and I remembered about the strange light on the pavement and I told my friend. As I was beginning my story and I got to the part where the light appeared my friend gave me a look as if to say stop right there and he ended my sentence for me saying "you saw some strange lights". As it turned out when we went our separate ways he walked home to his place which is a farm just on the outside of the village, as he walked into his farm yard there were two lights moving around the farm yard (which was a lot darker than the street I was walking down) yet there were no beams of light coming from these circles and again there wasn't a sound in the sky, no traffic going past the farm gate or anything, just two circles of light moving around.
The only difference was that he had two lights and they were moving, I saw only one and it appeared suddenly right in front of me, I could have stepped into it if I had wanted to I suppose, but as it appeared I just stopped and before long it was gone.
I often wonder what could have caused these lights, were they UFO related? Or some other strange phenomena? Would anything have happened if I'd stepped into the circle of light? If that was the aim of it, why didn't it just beam straight onto me?

I've told this story to people before and some have said, were you drunk or stoned - No we weren't. Also some have said was it a police helicopter? Well to be honest I don't know if there even was a police helicopter in our part of the world back then and surely we would have heard it and would a circle of light from a helicopter be able to stay completely still and light up a perfect circle only 2 feet in diameter in a street lit with street lights? Also I would have at least seen part of a beam of light or at least the source of light when I looked up wouldn't I?

It was just really strange and I would love to know if anyone has witnessed these sorts of lights before, or heard of them happening to anyone else.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Telesto]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Telesto]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nothing too special but i saw once looking out from my window how a bright light lifted from the treeline upwards, moved left and decended into the forest again. Dont know what that was, what cud move horizontally like that? So its a ufo to me

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I live in the penninies in england so its pretty much a hugee hot spot XD
the most convincing thing ive seen was last summer i was watching a movie on my computer and i looked out the window and saw first 2 red lights then another one following behide. i crapped my pants cause they didnt have the flashy lights that flying things are ment to have.
and its like i see all sorts of planes all the time cause were something like 30 miles from manchester airport so i pretty much can tell what are planes and what are not XD

and the second most convincing thing i saw was during freshers week at uni in manchester itsself. i was sober and walking back to my flat from a ninja lessons (H) and i saw this like bright orange triangle in the sky. it was cloudy and you could tell it was under the cloud cover cause the light reflected off clouds. i was gonna take a picture. but it was 10pm in the center of manchester and id rather not get mugged by 8 year olds with bikes.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I've shared this story before. 2 friends and I were out smoking and talking real loud late at night in a cul de sac. Down the road, around the corner comes what we thought were police lights but no siren. But the lights were only red, maybe some white, but definetly no blue and no sound.

We instantly ran up the neighbors driveway which runs parrallel to my back yard, stumble through the garden to realize we didn't run fast enough away from the police, and we turned around to expect to hear the cop doors shutting and to see flash lights poking around.

What we saw was very strange.

It didn't even turn around like a normal car or change speed. It came 1/2 way down the street, by the time we ran away.

We looked back and it was bright red orb about the size of a pick up truck.

The best way to describe it's movement is the old video game Pong on Atari. When the ball hits the bar and bounces back at the same speed. That is what we all witnessed and it made no sound and was a bright red orb about the size of a pick up truck, around 2 am. It came half way down the street and bounced back in the direction it came and didn't turn around like a normal car, very strange.

We all looked at each other agreed what we say, and left it that, cool we all saw a big red silent orb.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz..
I went to sleep and woke up the next day to a kerffufle. Dad had a plumber around, our pool (large inground pool) had been drained of water over night. The plumber said ther was no ground draining issue. Also the pump we used to drain the pool once a year was a grade A one and it usually took about 48 hours to drain and was extremely loud. Who would steal water from a pool? And how was it done so steathly?

Zazzafrazz, thats certainly not the first time thats happened -there are quite a number of reports which involve UFOs taking on water and emptying storage tanks - there are even several (very similar) reports of UFO occupants vacuuming up water with some sort of hose like apparatus - damn freaky stuff.

Unusual UFO reports of objects 'taking on water'

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Around the time of Easter, back in 2009, I decided to take our Labrador for a quick walk outside for her to do her thing. As I was waiting for her to finish, some movement to the right of me caught my attention in my peripheral vision.

It was a evening with bright stars, and it was about 5 minutes before a rather bright moon would appear on the horizon. When I first looked up my first thoughts was that it was a flock of pigeons (there is people in the area which keep them for racing/pets) about 200 feet above. But then I quickly realized that I haven't seen pigeons flying at night. For 4 or more seconds I saw 3 boomerang shaped objects fly over our house, flying in a triangular formation. With that I called my mom and a friend who was visiting, and walked to the front of yard to lock the gate. I could not believe my eyes and thought that it must have been my imagination.

About 2 minutes later another boomerang shape object flew over the house, only this time my mother and friend saw it too. It was flying much lower than the previous 3 UFO's, would say about 60-80 feet over our heads! It was about the size / width of the house which is about 70-80 feet wide. There was no noise coming from it, without any lights on. It was a metallic charcoal type color, and as it passing us one could see the streetlights reflect of it's bottom. Considering the size and shape, I expected it to fly much faster to be able to stay airborne, but it was just slowly flying over towards the north until we could not see it anymore. Since none of us ever believed in UFO's we were rather perplexed by the sight and still wonder what we saw. The following days I checked the local newspapers to find out if anyone else spotted the craft, but there was no reports.

I searched the internet and saw that other people have seen similar objects in the last decade or so, but most other sightings have been in the US. I live in South Africa, and seriously doubt if our government posses any military aircraft like that... or any other African nation in southern Africa.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When I was younger, around 12-13, my neighbor were on the same football team, and one day we decided to put on our football gear and get on the trampoline and bounce around and hit each other. The trampoline was at the top of a hill, next to my house, and we had about 200 acres out in the distance, with one large valley with a lake in the middle. (Shelbyville, KY)

As we were jumping and hitting each other and stuff, we stopped to rest, and I looked out over the land and I noticed a small, oval silver object slowly hovering across the land. It was like, an egg but with the front of the object a little skinnier than the back of it.

I was completely baffled to what it was, but I know that it was not a plane.

After it moved slowly across my land, it went behind the tree line at the edge of the property and I never saw it again. My neighbor ran inside to get our video camera that we used to record games and skateboarding with, but he came back and it was too late.

I have another UFO story that I had with my grandpa at Nolin lake.

After boating and having a camp fire and everything, he always sits out on the deck of our cabin and just drinks and watches the sky. One time I asked him why, and he said he was watching for aliens.

Now, I know my grandpa very well, and for a man like that to say he was watching for aliens, it was pretty significant for me. It really sparked my interest.

So the next night, I sat out with him... and sure enough, about 1 am in the morning, a bright red light flew pretty high over the cabin, scared me to death. It was just a bright, ruby red light, with no blinking lights or sound.

Even though my Grandpa thinks its aliens, I am more on the side that it was a man-made craft, but I'm not familiar with any bases around Nolin lake.

I haven't had the chance to go back to Nolin since I work in Louisville now, but If I get the chance again, I would love to watch the skies again with him.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When I was around 10ish, one of the neighbors and I were hanging out side of our houses. We looked up and saw a round colorful ball go right above the horizon and down into the woods. We started looking as we saw two “stars” in the sky that were hovering and kind of moving, and little stars would go in and out of the space between the two stars. Here is the weird part. We could see shapes on what would be the body. My neighbor was older then me and I thought she was messing with me by agreeing with what I said. I saw what looked we shall say a square I told her I saw a circle and she said “oh, I see a square” I also remember seeing a clown face outline up there too. Little fragmented but it was like 20-25 years ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I once visited a diner which was actually a rebuilt flying saucer. It crashed here in the 70's. The owners salvaged it, repaired it, then removed all the unnecessary stuff and replaced it with diner furniture and appliances. The place was called "Futuro Diner".

[edit on 5/1/2010 by DGFenrir]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join