It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chantix 2009 Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before, but watch this commercial, and notice the side effects. A little ridiculous wouldn't you say? I don't understand how this could seem like a good idea to try? Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't this drug seem very risky?

Chantix Commercial

PS. this is my first thread at ats, i hope i did it right aha

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I certainly understand how you feel about the warnings concerning Chantix.

There is a treatment Am taking now that involves Procrit injections. Makes Chatix look pale.

All medications have side effects. Manufacturers have finally learned how to protect themselves from lawsuits.

The black box warnings to patients go a long way in proving informed consent and help avoid law suits.

Almost all my medications now carry frightening warnings but I weight the benefits against the slim chance of harm to myself.

This warning trend we have now is just a legal tool for the drug manufacturers.

I took Chantix and stopped smoking a year ago and had no ill side effects.

When in doubt....Follow the money trail and you will find answers.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the response, I sort of figured it was for legal reasons, if they say what side effects could happen, than you get one of them, you cant sue them because they told you it was a possibility.

I just found it silly, after the commercial they expect you to try it, after seeing it seems like the last thing I want in me.

Ps. Congratulations on quiting smoking

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
In a lawsuit with these guys right now.

My brother was on that drug for 3 weeks.......know why we are suing? He shot himself dead at 34.

No history of mental illness in my family, he didnt drink, didnt do drugs... the only thing in his system? Chantix and a lil nicotine.....

Apparently he had been having nightmares so bad he was affraid to get out of bed, he was so messed up he couldnt tell when he was dreaming and when he was awake......too bad this was before all the big warnings about this drug came out.

There are thousands of lawsuits against these people and other companies like them for the SAME crap, but they are allowed to keep their products on the markets

Why?

Remember in the mid to late 90s you never saw those commercials for drugs with all these horrible side effects........now they are pushed like candy on radio and tv!

Something is very very very wrong here when drug companies can peddle this toxic poison on the open market like its asprin, despite the obvious health hazards........while at the same time we are telling mcdonalds they have to have a "lite" menu....seriously....

But hey, whats the hurt in culling the flock while you make money........right?

Something.........is a miss..........

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am stunned by most drug commercials list of "potential" side effects... but my own docitor told me that all medication was poison, just poison with beneficial side effects...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

US sales of the drug for the first half of 2008 totaled $329 million, according to IMS Health data, with 3 million prescriptions dispensed. Last year sales were $682 million, with 7.3 million prescriptions dispensed. Pfizer spent almost $58 million in measured media advertising the drug to consumers through the end of 2007, according to TNS Media Intelligence data.

www.mmm-online.com...

www.youhavealawyer.com...

Pfizer may have also learned from this situation. It is one of the few companies bucking the trend and increasing its advertising budget – it went up from $1.006bn to $1.256bn in 2007. A lot of this can be attributed to the company's push for more educational advertising for its controversial stop smoking drug Chantix.

www.pharmaceutical-technology.com...

www.amazon.com...

Chantix side effects - a real health concern!

www.squidoo.com...
I used smokeaway to quit.
I wish you good luck!

[edit on 5-1-2010 by dodadoom]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is hilarious guys, did you see the youtube comments?

One of the posters, by the name of "MEXFIGHTERS" posted quite the witty reply.

"A better way to quit smoking with same side effect is putting a gun to your head"

I couldn't stop laughing at that one. He is so right!

Me? I prefer a bullet over Chantix. Less pain.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, apparently my brother thought that as well........im guessing you didnt read any of the posts on the thread before your smart*ss comment.

3rd line

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I dont think he ment to offend you, but I can see how you could have been hurt by that. Likewise, im sorry to hear about your brother
Its the main reason i put the video up, i think drugs like these that have serious side effects should be further looked into, and if proved to be risky, than obviously not used. Sadly, this world runs on money and not love and compassion for your fellow man.

new topics

top topics

join