It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News!!! MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to the World

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If the "Top Secret Scientist" will be able to have a device that puts out several kilowatts of continuous power by April, why do they want $3 million now?

Why don't they just unveil their free energy device in April and wait for the investors to come banging on their door?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
care to point to one of these "scientific papers" in a peer reviewed journal?

Bearden has all sorts of articles on his site explaining the physics.

so which University have they presented their machines to be tested to? If they have not done that, why not?

In EFTV Part 1 Bearden says that they are working with a university outside the US but he doesn't name it.

If they worked as overunity machines, the JREF would give them US $1million, there would also be a Nobel Prize in physics for them - so why havent they done that?

It's never occured to you that the JREF prize is an unwinnable prize? That Randi is a professional debunker, not a skeptic?

And the Nobel Prize is now a joke. Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize? How
ing disgusting is that??

Anyway, look. I know that there are still a lot of unanswered questions surrounding Bedini and Bearden - so that's why I'm encouraging a field investigation!

Bedini even states in EFTV Part 2 that he welcomes such challenges, as long as he can use open-loop systems with one battery for input and a secondary battery - or batterIES! - for output.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
If the "Top Secret Scientist" will be able to have a device that puts out several kilowatts of continuous power by April, why do they want $3 million now?

Why don't they just unveil their free energy device in April and wait for the investors to come banging on their door?

I've had lots of experience raising money for high tech inventions. I never had one or heard of one with so much promise as "free energy".

Why does Greer have to use snake oil type money raising tactics to raise such a small amount of money. I've seen website projects which have very little appeal raise over $100,000,000. Look at Dubai -- raised Billions for the tallest/most unoccupied building in the world. Remember the hype for "cold fusion"?

Greer is an Emergency Room Doctor who became a religious leader -- there will always be a market for the BS of religious leaders -- particularity UFO/ET religion.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Bearden has all sorts of articles on his site explaining the physics.

so no peer reviewed journal then!

In EFTV Part 1 Bearden says that they are working with a university outside the US but he doesn't name it.

so a secret university!

It's never occured to you that the JREF prize is an unwinnable prize?

For overunity devices it sure is, as they do not exist!

That Randi is a professional debunker, not a skeptic?

They are the same, and Randi is very good at debunking rubbish like overunity, astrology, psychics etc etc.

And the Nobel Prize is now a joke.

care to show why the Nobel Prize in Physics is a joke?

Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize? How disgusting is that??

nowhere near as disgusting as Arafat or Al Gore winning it.

Bedini even states in EFTV Part 2 that he welcomes such challenges, as long as he can use open-loop systems with one battery for input and a secondary battery - or batterIES! - for output.

Yes, my overunity device always needs new batteries to make it run.... if he welcomes such challenges then why doesnt he take the JREF challenge? Mythbusters also showed Benini's machine does not do what it claims...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
This Telsa technology being released (finally) sounds good, I just hope big business doesn't find a way to hijack it.

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Kilowatt = 1000 watts.

Must things I have found say the average us home uses like 3600 watts a day.

Watts isn't relative to time. It's how much power a device uses.

For example, an electric kettle can use around 2400 watts, while a 40in LCD TV can use around 170.

Most likely the average home uses 3600W to operate.

A watt is instantaneous power level. When used over time (hour) it becomes kilowatt-hour (kwh) which is what the power company charges you.

The average USA home (1,300 sq ft) uses 600 kilowatt-hours (kwh) per month at a average power cost of $.13/kwh.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

so no peer reviewed journal then!

I don't know, dereks.

They do have the Yahoo groups where hundreds of people are replicating the School Girl motor and other designs. People replicating the devices counts as peer-review, don't you think?

Yes, my overunity device always needs new batteries to make it run....

The point is that he can take one battery and charge up many batteries with it, which would not be possible unless they are being charged with Radiant energy as he claims.

Mythbusters also showed Benini's machine does not do what it claims...

Mythbusters did a nice hatchet job on Bedini, yeah. But what they showed on TV was nothing close to Bedini's actual designs.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

They do have the Yahoo groups where hundreds of people are replicating the School Girl motor and other designs. People replicating the devices counts as peer-review, don't you think?

The Yahoo Groups Bedini contributed to in 2004 was filled with sycophants ie shills who waxed rhapsodic about how they were buiding their own devices and getting positive results. Then some real people came in, tried to duplicate the net enregy gain and discovered the claims were bogus.

Bedini clammed up after that.

This pseudoscientific concept of "overunity" has been peddled for years. There are always a few thousand out there looking for miracles with no solid grounding. They believe anything from a guy in a lab coat with scientific jargon.

Te fact that this hasn't been taken to somewhere credible like MIT to duplicate under double-blind controls and that there isn't a ton o money being thrown at Bedini pretty much answers any questions about whether he can produce energy.

There's a good reason why he is still doing the fringe conspiracy dog-and-pony show circuit.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I've done quite a bit of research, wirehead. (Welcome to ATS, by the way, since you "just registered today".)

thanks!

During that process I've come across a lot of guys who claim to be experts in physics and have PhDs, and yet they can't explain to me in simple layman's terms where permanent magnets get their energy from. You know, the energy to defy gravity and make little pieces of metal jump right up into the air and stuff.

Every electron has a magnetic dipole moment as an intrinsic quality, on account of its charge and intrinsic angular momentum (spin):
en.wikipedia.org...

This means that every electron acts as a tiny dipole magnet. The electron's spin can be along any direction, so in normal matter all the electrons are spinning along different axes and the net effect cancels out, much how the electron's negative charge is canceled by equal numbers of positive protons.

In metals, the electrons interact more freely in a "sea" of sorts, which is why they're good conductors. In metal ferromagnets, the sort we're used to using day to day, the spins of the free electrons do align as a result of the allowed quantum states an atom's electron shell can assume:
en.wikipedia.org...

The net result is the addition of all the electrons' dipole magnets resulting in a macroscopic dipole magnet. That's what magnets are.

Normally a magnetic field does no work by itself. If you levitate a magnet, say, then it's stationary: it's not moving, so there's no net force, so you can't extract any energy from it; you can't use it to move something else.

The case of a bar magnet picking up iron filings is much more complex, because we aren't talking about the magnetic field interaction with a charge, (say, an electron current through a wire segment), but now we're talking about the force between two magnetic dipoles (the magnet applied to a closed loop of current.)

This is because the permanent magnet's field induces a magnetized state (a smaller dipole) in the metal: also why you can only pick up certain metals and nothing else with a magnet. You need a magnet-magnet interaction to induce motion. Unfortunately the background physics is not simple.

It's still well-understood in physics, however:
en.wikipedia.org...

If you really want I can show you a derivation but I'm already near my word limit for this post.

Many applications in engineering, and advanced experimental physics (such as space telescopes or the LHC) rely on our deep understanding of this interaction. We know how it works, and why, and how to use it.

But try to think of a way to extract energy from metal falling onto a permanent magnet: if you wanted to use it to power a flywheel like we would with a water current, you would have to expend just as much energy as you extract in order to lift the filings off the magnet and "re-set" the situation. No net energy output.

Which leads me to conclude that there are whole little armies of physicists going around claiming to be experts and to understand how the universe works and telling people that "free energy" is impossible, and yet they can't for the life of them explain how permanent magnets work - which are the most glaring and obvious examples of "free energy" in Nature there is.

Even if a particular physicist couldn't explain it to you, that doesn't prove that the latest free energy fad is for real.

But then there are guys like Bearden and Bedini, who have produced books, instructional videos, scientific papers, patents, everything. Bedini even has a very successful product on the market, the Renaissance Charger.

Interesting, I haven't heard of this one. I'll look into it, thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
The Yahoo Groups Bedini contributed to in 2004 was filled with sycophants ie shills who waxed rhapsodic about how they were buiding their own devices and getting positive results. Then some real people came in, tried to duplicate the net enregy gain and discovered the claims were bogus.

So I guess ATS member RogerT isn't a "real person" then, since he built a School Girl motor and got a COP of 1.28

Bedini clammed up after that.

Oh yeah, he just clammed right up, and then successfully put his Renaissance Charger on the market, created the "Energy From The Vacuum" series with Bearden, etc etc......

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
Every electron has a magnetic dipole moment as an intrinsic quality, on account of its charge and intrinsic angular momentum (spin):
en.wikipedia.org...

This means that every electron acts as a tiny dipole magnet. The electron's spin can be along any direction, so in normal matter all the electrons are spinning along different axes and the net effect cancels out, much how the electron's negative charge is canceled by equal numbers of positive protons.

Wait a minute, so all electrons and protons are always spinning, all the time?

Well if electrons and protons are always spinning, couldn't you call that............. perpetual motion?

What causes the electrons and protons to spin all the time?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good luck to Dr Greer, and I hope it pulls through because when it becomes available our society will never be the same again. My prayers and focus will be with Dr Greer.

Speaking of Free Energy, Nassim Haramein said he was producing some technology based on his Unified Theory. Fractal power seems the way to go

I think the Joe Cell (supposed HHO generator even though Joe said it's got to do with resonance) should be looked at again, he has claimed a van to have lifted off the ground when the cells are arranged in a hexagon pattern.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Sainter]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What does the Orion Project do besides take money to look at these technologies? Each inventor should be able to raise money on his own without someone leeching off of him and controlling the development.

I also note the absence of low energy nuclear reactions ["cold fusion"] in the list that they have compiled.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31
I hate to sound pessimistic but there's nothing on this earth that is "FREE" especially when it comes to energy... the world governments/corporations will put a price tag on it and sell it to the masses.

How about solar? Pretty much free.

You can't get something from nothing, but if it's there and you just can't utilize it, it doesn't mean it's not there. Once you can measure something, you can use it. Whether it's efficient or not is another story, but I assure you, Solar is about as free as it gets right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So I guess ATS member RogerT isn't a "real person" then, since he built a School Girl motor and got a COP of 1.28

So why hasnt he won the JREF $1million prize, or gotten the Nobel Prize in Ohysics then? Because he never actually made a overunity device!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Let's just suppose for a moment unlimited energy somehow becomes freely available to anyone, anywhere.
Basically, one image leaps to mind: the destructive power of nuclear weapons, or worse, for 7 billion people -- free. Everyone carrying around their own mini pocket nukes. All it would take is one person, somewhere...anywhere...to have a really bad day and decide impulsively to "unleash the fury." Just one. Possibly maybe a mean drunk, an asylum escapee, somebody starving in a desperately poor nation. A jilted lover. Or simply a little kid who finds his dad's "nuclear football" and presses the big shiny red button.
Heck, I bet there are more than a few ATS posters who would do it with hearts full of joy so they could go over the rainbow and meet the wizard or whatever.
You think mall shootings are bad? Just imagine the possibilities for a moment.
Buh-bye, planet earth. I'd give the whole ball of dirt a little under a week at most.
[edit on 1/5/10 by silent thunder]

I think you're simplifying this a little bit too much. Your jump from the assumption that getting power from something means that you can weaponize it is probably premature. Nuclear weapons and Nuclear Power Plants don't even use the same fuel without some serious refining and processing.

I know you're trying to be the devil's advocate in this one, but it's probably too far in one direction.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So why hasnt he won the JREF $1million prize,

Already answered this, dereks. Because I believe the JREF prize is an unwinnable prize. JR has no intention of ever actually awarding that to anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

If electrons (form) are DNA, their spin (motion) is Life.

That is why there is the Word and the Spirit of the Word. The image of God is seen everywhere. From one edge of our understanding to the other.

Anyway, at some point we will be able to grasp how the power of the universe can be accessed. Even if in part for powering things/objects. Or in death, those who look to the Word and Spirit of the Word will be given full access to the "Eternal Power." All else will be "recycled," but not in such a fanciful way as common reincarnation.

Kooky, I know, sorry. Just thought it was important enough to point at.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I won't even hold my breath on this.

The words "free energy" have no meaning in this day & age, especially when it entails humanity.

Free you say? I can see Rockefeller laughing his ass off!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So why hasnt he won the JREF $1million prize,

Already answered this, dereks. Because I believe the JREF prize is an unwinnable prize.

It is actually very easy to win. Just properly demonstrate dowsing, astrology, your psychic power etc etc and you win it. Or demonstrate a overunity machine and you win it. Yes, it is that easy to win $1million

JR has no intention of ever actually awarding that to anyone.

yes he does, someone just has to demonstrate one of the above properly. However, it is properly controlled, so a "overunity" machine that needs a battery to actually power it....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Well I'm not quite sure about the spiritual slant you've put on it, but I find this fascinating nonetheless.

If all electrons and protons are always spinning, that means all matter everywhere is always in a constant state of motion. That means all matter everywhere is a "perpetual motion machine"!

Doesn't physics tell us that "perpetual motion machines" are impossible?

Can any of the physics experts explain this apparent contradiction?

Motion requires energy. If all matter everywhere is in a constant state of motion, that means all matter everywhere is constantly using energy - and yet never runs out!

How could that be?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join