It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News!!! MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to the World

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My first impression of Greer, the Disclosure Project press conference, was that he was a stand up guy. But when i watched other videos of him, i get the feeling that he isn't totally honest about his motives. He sort of reminds me of the guy selling spray on hair or a televangelist (without the energy).

So i'm inclined to believe that this secret scientist and this business when the new technology and the secret scientist is not true, at least not entirely.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the way the story is laid out it seems pretty clear. If the scientist worked on government projects there certainly would be people not wanting him to develop projects for the public. The most repetitive gripe I keep seeing is "he is going to charge money for it, so it's not free", when in reality the unit they are trying to design will produce more energy than it consumes, therefore making it "free energy", because you are producing your own. Of course they aren't going to just start handing them out from the back of a truck to whomever would like it, even having the notion that is what they are conveying in the OP is ridiculous. Contracts are common place and not always associated with multi million dollar signing bonuses, lol, and of course any project that is trying to produce these things is going to cost money. I personally will believe it when I see it, but I certainly will not dismiss it because Greer is involved...hell, if it works I won't care if they bring back Saddam Hussein and let him in on the development. Science uses as many facts as it can provide but any scientist will tell you even the subjects and laws of science we use in our everyday lives all are based on theory. No one left a little list describing the parameters of gravity, propulsion, or evolution and how they are to be utilized, and in what fashion. No matter how sound a theory, you always have to take into account anomalies. On a website that is suppose to praise the open mind, I find it ironic how many people are so quick to dismiss the possibility of this becoming reality.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Greer is disliked by mainstream ufology (I know, some hate that term) because he suddenly made himself into a celebrity. (A lot of that dislike is pure jealousy and envy.) He has done some good work and has worked out how to pay the bills. Perhaps we can call him the Carl Sagan of pro-UFOs?

Dr. Harold Putthof, is a well-rounded scientist, instrumental in the discovery of Remote Viewing, fully believes in UFOs and has been interested in zero-point energy. Supposedly, at one time he worked with the University of Texas on the development of a electric rail gun for the navy, but I doubt that was the job.

He lives in Austin, still, I believe, and I will be checking the daily newspaper for a notice that he is moving to points east. In plain words, I peg him to be Green's unnamed scientist. If he is going to work with Greer, that would give Greer a tremendous boost in credibility and he would be our kind of scientist. We can hope that some restrictions have been released to get things movin!

(An excellent video of Putthof discussing his work in Remove Viewing is on-line on G. under "Arliington Instiute Putthof." Sorry, I don't know how I stumbled on to it recently.)

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
My 2 cents: Never trust a news article (especially one like this with grandiose claims) that contains spelling and grammatical errors. That in itself makes one question its validity.

Well, then, click on the recorded version and hear him say pretty much the same thing in a conference call/video late last year. The link is here on this list.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Dr. Harold Putthof, is a well-rounded scientist, instrumental in the discovery of Remote Viewing,

except remote viewing does not actually work...

If he is going to work with Greer, that would give Greer a tremendous boost in credibility

no it would not actually it would show greer was just a snake oil salesman

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Dr. Harold Putthof, is a well-rounded scientist, instrumental in the discovery of Remote Viewing,

If he is going to work with Greer, that would give Greer a tremendous boost in credibility

Good to find you on the thread. We don't have too many exact know-it-alls here. By the way, by what authority do you know that RVing does not work? what are your referencs,your experiences, your experts you know that have disproved it? --Just asking.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

By the way, by what authority do you know that RVing does not work? what are your referencs,your experiences, your experts you know that have disproved it?

Better than those that claim it does work - they have absolutely nothing!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Hey, I own the trademark on "Greer is a snake-oil salesman"

5c please.

There are so many con artists in the imaginary advancements circus it's hard to keep track of them all. Phony UFO experts, alternative medical quacks, revisionist pseudo-historians, junk scientists, et al.

They are invariably underfunded, confined to the alternative dog and pony show circuit, dismissed by 98% of the the professionals in related fields.

Bu they become celebrities, champions, heroes, to the disenfranchised and the willfully ignorant.

Greer is particularly onerous because the low grade celebrity staus has gone to his head. Like many of his predecessors he's developed a cult of personality around himself.

Bu there's stiff competition. Id he keeps trying he may strike gold eventually and get on the road to fame and vast fortune like one his role models, L. Ron Hubbard of Scientology fame.

Unlike underachiever Greer he was a truly committed fraud who was able to create his own religion. The final goal, knowingly or not, of most of these snake-oil salesman pretending to be deliverers of radical change to mankind.

M

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hang on i thought it was Disclosure that was imminent and not free energy?

Even though the original disclosure project conference was ground breaking at the time.

Greer seems to be grasping at straws now days...

how about the Disclosure evidence you promised first Mr Greer then the Free energy ....

.../sigh

Wont be long before this man is ridiculed and forgotten. shame really it all started out so well...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Hang on i thought it was Disclosure that was imminent and not free energy?

Even though the original disclosure project conference was ground breaking at the time.

Greer seems to be grasping at straws now days...

how about the Disclosure evidence you promised first Mr Greer then the Free energy ....

Maybe one of the aliens Greer claims to confer with on a regular basis is the source of the new wonder technology.

The may have decided to defer Disclosure to see if they can grab a bigger buck with this one.

Greer should open a consulting firm in Nigeria.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

In 2008 Greer was offered massive sponsorship dollars via the Paracast from who I have since learned was Robert Bigelow (Bigelow Aerospace/NIDs)... on the proviso that Greer's free energy venture was legitimate

IRM :shk:

Free Download of The Paracast Episode Here:

June 22, 2008 — Dr. Steven Greer and Jeremy Vaeni

Who told you that it was Bigelow?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

In 2008 Greer was offered massive sponsorship dollars via the Paracast from who I have since learned was Robert Bigelow (Bigelow Aerospace/NIDs)... on the proviso that Greer's free energy venture was legitimat

June 22, 2008 — Dr. Steven Greer and Jeremy Vaeni

Who told you that it was Bigelow?

The same offer could be matched and doubled from every corporation and institution in the world - even the Somali government.

What's Greer waiting for?

The operative word here, of course, is "legitimate." They'll want more than a video.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Why such negativity towards greer?

He's done more for disclosure than anyone in recent history by using real, credible witnesses, a simple format.

He's actually pushed the government for it formally.

His claims are not completely outlandish unlike most.

So the man asks money for his teachings, not his information? So? How do you suppose he pays for travel, a website, and lodging?

He asks for donations to build a research facility. Why? So the technology doesn't get locked into some contract by some great donor.

This guy comes out from a very nice lifestyle of being an ER doc to help disclosure make more sense to the average person and all the UFO enthusiast can do is bash him for everything. Sounds like jealousy to me. Jealous that they weren't the one's making progress.

I wish him and his team the best of luck. We need this technology.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, what i just can't get to grips with is, if Dr.Greer can formalize contact with ET's with the backing of a G8 country, why has this not taken place?

"Waiting for America" is a very lame excuse considering this is an issue concerning the whole of humanity.

This is the thorn in the side that extinguished Greer's credibility with me. It is now 2010. If he could make contact happen, he would have by now.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86
Why such negativity towards greer?

He's done more for disclosure than anyone in recent history by using real, credible witnesses, a simple format.

So what has he actually done? What has resulted from his work? which credible witnesses?

He's actually pushed the government for it formally.

by writing a letter...

His claims are not completely outlandish unlike most.

Yes they are actually - remote viewing? Talking to et's? perpetual motion?
His claims are silly as you can get

Jealous that they weren't the one's making progress.

what progress? his progress does exist

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

your right.
i just know if this story is true then the man in question will meet an unfurtunate end.
pretty much like that black dude who escaped from building 7 at the wtc and was talking to the press about what happend, he soon met an "unfortunate end"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The news source is dated 4th January 2009.
So shouldn't the free energy have been available in April 2009?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
The news source is dated 4th January 2009.
So shouldn't the free energy have been available in April 2009?

2009, 2010, 2015, 2020 what are a few years between con artists? Some silly public will believe them no matter how much it slips!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
The same offer could be matched and doubled from every corporation and institution in the world - even the Somali government.

Sure it could, mmichael. It happens all the time.

Big corporations come in and throw some big money around and buy up the technology - and then do nothing with it.

If you spent any time at all actually listening to the inventors and other people in the alt energy community tell their stories, you would know that.

The big corporations are NOT on our side here.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join