It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of alien confirmation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm kind of curious as to why anyone would decide I was "a respected foe" based on my objective observations in this thread?

Some people are living on the bloody edge of sanity, I tell you.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Well, we can draw some comparisons to our own experiences here on Earth, when extremely advanced civilizations encounter very primitive cultures:

We see the same story played out time and again all throughout recorded human history. There's no reason to think our encounters with advanced extraterrestrial intelligences would be any different.

— Doc Velocity

welllllllllll sometimes da primitives EAT das interlopers as i was told happened to first christian missions to da picts- my peeps on one side- dark welsh ;D- da crazyazz blue folk- after the helpful monks explained the whole "this is my body" thang...

or sometimes vice versa.... is v preparing us...?

rare or well-done...?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
if they landed here they would unfortunatly get shot....

Why do you say 'unfortunatly'? I mean if God is going to kill them, why can't we?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

It means to agree.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
After a brief detour.....Back on topic.

What consequences of alien confirmation can you think of?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Your post sounds too definite for a conjecture. Your options are entirely possible, of course, but there are many other scenarios.

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
WE will either submit meekly or we will attempt a defense.

Or we could wait to see what they do before making up our minds. I bet most people would do that.

WE will either be assimilated or exterminated.

Assimilated in the sense of changing our way of life to make it equal to theirs? We are too attached to our way of doing things IMHO. We could just take a few good things (i.e. clean energy tech) and discard their entirely weird folklore.

WE will be in no position to offer an extraterrestrial intelligence anything of significance — and they'll probably be here to exploit our vast water resources or something like that, which will relegate us to the backseat, since we have no idea of how to successfully exploit or conserve our water resources.

Again you are assuming very human aliens, greedy and inmoral. They might have a high sense of ethics (as some humans do) or respect for life in general and they'd rather trade than steal. We might become a tourist resort ('spend a week living like real cavemens'). We could become the Switzerland of this side of the galaxy (a tiny, powerless, neutral place to meet), etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What ever happens, we must NOT ALLOW our own fears and emotions to rule us. The impact may be great, but it is vital and critical to think objectively so that RATIONAL responses be allowed to flow and not be manipulated by others.

The extraterresterials are nothing more than VISITORS on our planet, as far as the evidences shown by credible witnesses over sightings and abductions.

Currenly there is nothing more that we mankind can work on to formulate policies. The volume of evidences with contact are with the govts and as long as they dont release such information, subjective views will only occur and run wild, worse is to be used by others to serve their agenda.

No doubt based on sightings these visitors had violated our airspace, but they are NOT criminals, for they know not our law. Is a horse that ran into our lawns and start chewing on our grass a criminal?

Furthermore, what 'hostile' intents had they shown? Are we 'at war' with extraterresterials that military and NSA secrecy acts need to be enacted? Had our elected representatives debated on the issue? Had Congress approved? Had our President signed a declaration of war?

No, the ones who are being the criminals are the Corporations that ruled over mankind for their own selfish ends, corrupted our elected representatives and military or kept them in the dark. They had rip the Constitution to shreds!

Once the truth be told, even if majority cannot handle the truth, we still have our elected representatives -supposedly incorruptible and intelligent men/women to formulate policies, not for themselves, but for the BENEFIT of mankind.

Thus the need for the truth be told or we will only once again be misled into economic and military disasters by the unaccountable greedy Corporations.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Back on topic.

I think there would be a massive change in everyones day to day life.

There would need to be an amount of time for this information to set in. You would realize you've been lied too your whole life.

I wouldn't continue going to university (Geophysics major...lol all oil related)

What would happen though...

It really staggers the imagination

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally898

Yes, the initial shock of realizing one has been lied to by their government I would tend to believe, would force change in the government in ways many people could not imagine right now. It would be a life changer and a world changer for sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
One thing I believe is certain, is that it would make whatever differences we have between us as humans look very small compared to the differences between us and the extraterrestrials. This may bring us closer togheter.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I would sue in my case,,having been arrested for my reportings to authorites.

Abductions have ruined my life.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If aliens landed I don't think anyone would care much, And if they where watching it on the news they would probably just change over to the sportz channel!

Unless events effect people personally most don't tend to invest much emotional interest into such situations. Terrorism and Pandemics can have a greater effect on ones health and well being, So they elicit a greater response from the populace.

But one single alien ship landing down town would have nearly the same impact as an issue. But it all depends on how the story is spun too.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
your comparing apples and oranges my friend...you can't use human beings actions toward other human beings thorought out history to compare what the aliens will/might do.

You can't assume that "aliens" are AT ALL DIFFERENT than we are. They may be driven by the same predatory, materialistic instincts that humans exhibit.

Worse yet, these "aliens" might be us, time-traveling Humans from, oh, let's say a million years in the future.

If there's one thing we know about humans, it's that they cause their fantasies to enter reality — we've dreamt of space travel for centuries, and now we're making it happen, for example.

Just so, humanity's ultimate fantasy is to travel through Time — backwards in Time, to be exact — to "undo" certain things and reshape our own future.

I do think that Humanity ultimately succeeds at Time Travel, although it may be thousands or hundreds of thousands of years in the future. Perhaps we will have evolved or engineered ourselves into a different species by then.

Perhaps we will BE the Greys in a million years.

If so, this would account for the extraordinary physical similarities between Humans and Greys, as well as the bizarre fascination that Greys have for the Human species. They've been visiting Earth and Humankind for tens of thousands of years already.

Which wouldn't be particularly difficult if they have perfected Time Travel.

Again, if so, then we may not be "contacting aliens" at all... Rather, we may be simply contacting ourselves across Time.

And, as I've already described, advanced Humans contacting primitive Humans is a scenario with which we are all too familiar. The primitives consistently and predictably lose the game.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Perhaps if this was 1950 i'd be more inclined to believe your theories but people have accepted the fact that aliens could be living all around us...Look at t.v., movies and video games. Even the vatican accepts that there is life out there. We're being slowly introduced to the idea of aliens. We've all seen the cave paintings and pyramid carvings- I don't believe the majority of the people on this planet (except die hard religious fanatics) would have an issue with ufo peaceful confrontation. Like I said...if this was 1950 perhaps there would be mass panic but people are much smarter now and think far more freely.

As for governments- well you make a valid point about the people no longer following the government. If the government doesn't disclose ET's prior to them making an appearance in public in front of people then people will know (already do) that the government lied to us about ET's, NASA, technology, the moon....it would render the government useless which it unequivocally is at this moment and time. People would revolt
Even if governments disclose of ET's I still think this will happen as I mentioned before- they clearly lied.

Without a doubt it would change life as we know it but I believe only positively unless of course we came in contact with a negative race bent on destruction and conquering....in which case I say...Good thing I spent all that time playing Halo...Get your BR's!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
my take on this is lets say an alien craft landed anywhere you want pick a place in your mind the minute it steps out to either warn us of great catastrophe or make peace maybe even enlighten us on our history or the origin to all life whatever the case maybe someone somewhere is gonna shoot at it there is always that dumb ass who panics in critical,unknown situations and unknowingly #s # up for everyone else it aint there fault they havent acknowledged there own flaws but guranteed they would atleast make an attempt at it if ofcourse someone stopped them first but thats human nature and stupidity are we all like that no just depends on the situation but you can count on someone doing it!

that whole statement about the vatican i'm so sick of hearing about religion the only reason it has ever survived aslong as it has is because the church has learned to evolve with common knowledge or undisclosed information about to be made common a religion that has always thought that we were the only planet with life, we were the center of the universe,dino's never existed,and evolution is the thinking of the devil...come on your going to tell me that christianity for example b/c its popularity and ability to evolve to modern society it gets a get out of jail free card of not being scrutinised and not re looked at as just another cult the story of jesus has been told in other religions for years before there even was a jesus diff name diff religion and diff embodiment but the similarities are there christianity is abunch of diff beliefs and stories made up of abunch diff religions into one look it up as a matter of fact log into youtube and look me up on there and browse through my fave's i got some things that will interest all of you on there my user is metalholic!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthenaCD

You make off the wall comments in many post, however, in these small playful comments you made will go so unnoticed, hidden under layers of words for many years im sure, but you will never know what you just said, and how close you were to a surprising twist.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by mikelee
After reviewing the Ramey memo my mind started wandering about what the ramifications would be if aliens were either confirmed or, landed in the middle of Times Square or perhaps in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. Many things come to mind but here are a few of my thoughts. Whats yours?

You couldn't have "reviewed" the Ramey memo for it no longer exists or it's lost in some archive. There is no irrefutable evidence that anyone has been able to decipher what can be seen of it in the photo taken by J. Bond Johnson and the one taken by Maj. Charles Cashon it so that it proves what is claimed by pro-Roswell crash authors. Instead of accepting fantasy, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

From Karl Pflock's book "ROSWELL: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe", Chapter 16, p209, BANDWAGON, GRAVY TRAIN, AND THE WILL TO BELIEVE:
"That this is the case is suggested by what aerospace engineer and ufologist Brad Sparks discovered as long ago as the early 1980s. In 1980, Sparks was the first person to be able to read a word in the Ramey message: "BALLOONS." In 1985, working from a good blowup copy of one of the photographs, he was able to pick out: "WEATHER BALLOONS," "'DISC,"' "LAND," and "FORT WORTH." (NOTES: 10)

Buy the book or borrow it at your local library for the rest of the story.

[snip]

I personally believe that aliens are known to exist by many of the world's governments and have been for some time. My personal confirmation of this was apparent after seeing the deciphering of the Ramey memo a few years ago. And the fact that I have seen six UFOs in my lifetime that were clearly not from this planet. To me this is the single event that could change the course of history and I feel that it has been kept secret for that very reason. Is the gov in colusion with aliens by some agreement so this will not happen? I don't know.

You know, beliefs are created by mental conditioning. Something that you may not realize 'cause if you did you wouldn't be crowing about it for it simply means that you are gullible and accept claims without requiring evidence. A sad state of mental affairs.

You really have no knowledge about aliens or governments knowledge of aliens. Using the Ramey memo as a reference does not rate high on the logic scale. I've also had 6 UFO sightings and I would never go on the record as saying that I know anything about what I saw let alone that they're not from this planet. Nobody is keeping any secrets, everybody sees UFOs every day. You need a mind douche and replace some of your assumptions with a desire for common sense with a sprinkling of logic for good measure.

[snip]

This kind of drivel is really counter-productive. You think that your "logic" is so superior, when in reality it is you who has clear signs of "belief"... belief that alien ships do not exist. Why must anyone prove that they do exist? Why not start with the assumption that they do? The odds are that they do. The historical evidence is that they do (cave illustrations, ancient carvings, etc.). There is a significant body of people who have seen crafts doing things that would require technologies beyond what man is known to have developed.

No, I would shift the burden over to you. LOGIC and REASON tell me that they most likely do exist, since a belief that we are alone in this vast cosmos seems not only arrogant but highly unlikely. Soooooo, you come up with proof that they DO NOT exist. It is fully logical that they do exist and it is completely consistent with reason.

You debunkers want to assume they don't exist and you refuse any evidence to the contrary, claiming it all to be suspect or inferior. That is such a typical symptom of biased thinking and extreme paradigm-induced blindness.

I now state, on behalf of all thinking, logical, and reasonable persons, that it is to be assumed that alien UFO's do in fact exist, and therefore, the burden of proving otherwise now falls upon those who maintain an opposing view.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

yeah lets see someone prove that the # i seen was all in my head and my eyes lied to me lets see someone prove ancient history and mythology wrong prove that it isnt possible for other beings that have been around alot longer then us dont exist and that were the only living extensions of the universe...because us believers dont have to prove # an intelligent species doesnt leave conclusive evidence just enough to get speculation and a rise out of us we know what we say we know what we believe debunkers need to prove there arrogance

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

My, what a inward post.

<< 1   >>

join