It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial tension brewing in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
With the proposed Islamic march in Wootton Basset, a Uk town (known for honoring its fallen servicemen and women) - i've noticed a massive upsurge in racial hatred in the last few hours on various websites, blogs, social netwroking sites and headlines...

The 'organiser' of the even is Anjem Choudary, a very outspoken Islamic extremist, who has amongst other things - insulted the queen, insulted our fallen soldiers, and wishes for sharia law to be implemented in the Uk (with such punishments as public floggings) aswell as callin for an Islamic flag above Downing street.

The Islamic march is a 'honour' march for fallen muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq, although many see the issue at different levels.

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />
* Some are asking why the Islamic extremist is daring to step forth and preach in such an honoured town.

* If they do choose to march (with or without political approval) , the BNP have vowed to 'block their march'. This will no doubt be televised.

* Also smaller groups are planning to go to Wootton Basset to 'honour' the Uk soldier funerals. Such as 'Bikers against Islam4uk', 'muslims against Islam4uk' ,

* The Uk public has (thanks to the media and the BBC) now been exposed to a televised broadcast of the proposed extrme Islamic protests, and i can't help noticing that people are angry.

* Also, is this political manipulation at its hardest form? Who is going to win here? After all the elections are around the next corner.

* What does all this mean for the genuine peaceful UK muslims?

* What does this mean for other Uk citizens?

Some links:

www.petitionspot.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.facebook.com...

news.sky.com... 01001115514014

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Previous Islamic protests at soldiers funeral.

Related videos:

www.youtube.com...

Anjem Choudary on Sky news.

'Also i can't help noticing how 'engineered' the whole news intrerview is....

--

www.youtube.com...

Radio interview with the Tommy Robinson of the English defence league.

TR - 'We have their addresses , if they try and attempt to protest on wootton basset - we will descend on their addresses in our thousands"

Interviewer - ' What do mean descend?'

TR - 'We will peacefully protest on their very doorsteps'

** .... also what did he mean about Luton university? **

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Now my opinion is this:

This is all so conveniently timed.

As other counties are being destabalised, what better way to stop the Uk public worrying about elsewhere than to put all the various out-spoken critics and supporters of various ideological ideas on glowing media pedestals...

Conveniently in time with the rolling ball of the build up to the General election.

This is an information war happening on so many levels.

* - Firstly it creates an 'us vs them' divide. There will be no revolution when the faction are fighting one another.

* - Secondly, what better excuse to up the strategies, tactics and equipment of UK policing?

* - What better way to gather support for yet another war?

--

I'm of the belief that much of this is engineered, some sort of media flickering bulb to attract all the moths. I also believe that various elements of the opposing factions contain people who are exploiting the situation to their own ends... i.e more publicity.

What are your opinions?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Publicity stunt... I'm sure there are other ways of gaining publicity without leading up to a possible confrontation.

Do you think the police will be able to keep everything in control?

A part of me is thinking the Islamic marchers hope there is trouble so they can use it as propaganda.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
A part of me is thinking the Islamic marchers hope there is trouble so they can use it as propaganda.

Precisely this is where the rebounding begins.

One angry voice versus another.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

this is exactly the vibe i get from this whole thing, it was on the front page of a newspaper yesterday (the sun i think) and i thought to myself, theres days troops die and its bumped to the bottom of page 7 and theres some drunk blonde celeb on page 1 but a fanatical muslim preacher insults familys of troops etc. and its the main focus, the guy was even on the news today using his right to say what he wants which is apparently terrible now.
we even have people annoyed when people stand up for "british" (read: ignorant) values so people dont want them saying anything either.
plus we all know how the media loves the us vs. them thing and as you say, a pretext for another war no doubt, next stop Yemen.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by james420]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, Is this true?

Despite his hatred of all things British, he says: "If British means adopting British values, then I don't think we can adopt British values. I'm a Muslim living in Britain. I have a British passport, but that's a travel document to me." He and his family live on state benefits. Rubana his wife is said by friends to claim £1,700 a month in housing benefit and income support while Choudary has also claimed £202 a month in income support. Something about biting the hand that feeds you!

www.islam-watch.org...

What does it take for a naturalized person to be deported under British law?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Goodbye UK. It was nice knowing you. I once admired your civilization and your empire. The light of the gospel once shined brightly on your shores and you spread it throughout the world. You have rejected that, and are now sliding into darkness.

Nothing survives islamicization, nothing. We can only hope your descent into tyranny, misery and barbarism, will serve as a lesson for what remains of western civlization.

Meanwhile we need to prepare for the idea of a radical extremist UK republic. It will probably mean that there will be war, possibly nuclear in your islamic future.

This is not because we want war, but your future leaders want war. Their so called 'holy' book commands them to 'smite' the infidel. You should ponder how it is your people stood around helplessly while your so called leaders deliberately imported a hostile third world mud culture to destroy and replace all that was great in great britain.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I do think this is all media hype and spin with the idiots from Islam4UK trying to provoke division in our society, but I do feel you are right and that racial tensions are escalating..

But Personally I have always felt this government has tried to split out the conservative lead by using these tensions to push votes the BNP way, and will continue to sanction anything that causes division in our society

If anyone is trying to create the rift with the muslim community it is this government, and it's policies.. can't say I feel the conservatives or Liberals will be any better.

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Goodbye UK. It was nice knowing you. I once admired your civilization and your empire. The light of the gospel once shined brightly on your shores and you spread it throughout the world. You have rejected that, and are now sliding into darkness.

Sorry, can't see that happeneing.. can't see anyone give up tradtions such as wassailing, mumming, the green man and all the other pagan rituals that have existed alongside Christianity for over 1500 years.. not to mention the tradition of drinking copious amounts of booze and then looking for a fight, and no Muslim will be able to change that particular tradition ;-)

[edit on 5/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Sorry, can't see that happeneing.. can't see anyone give up tradtions such as wassailing, mumming, the green man and all the other pagan rituals that have existed alongside Christianity for over 1500 years.. not to mention the tradition of drinking copious amounts of booze and then looking for a fight, and no Muslim will be able to change that particular tradition ;-)

[edit on 5/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

And this defines British culture ? lol. The rise and fall of some cultures coincides with their moral compass. This has been true of America and Great Britain and Israel and perhaps a few others.

Embracing paganism, or fundamentalist islamic culture is not a recipe for success by any metric I'm aware of. They will both lead to de-industrialism, tyranny and poverty.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What another thread on this?
Is it exactly rocket science that there will be an upsurge in tensions whenever there is one of these incidents?
It isn't going to happen period. No request has been received for a march, Gordon Brown has spoken against it. This is all bluff and bluster by a radical nutter. And the publicity, at least, is working so it seems.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

No what I said (or at least meant) was the traditions people already enjoy and participate in are un-islamic (either pagan or Christian) therefore there is no real chance that we will slip into some Islamic dictatorship as you infered.

Tensions are increasing, and I lay the blame at the feet of this government and it's minions.. and it will end in someone getting a bloody nose..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Lets hope enough British wake up and realize that they need to deport ALL immigrants in order to protect their culture and country for their children to enjoy.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

This is all so conveniently timed.

Maybe so but regardless of the timing, these idiotic and dangerous people live within our society and we have a right as citizens to know.

As far as an Us V Them divide is concerned... well... it's already there isn't it. They hate everything about us, our values and our society. It's inherent in their very nature. It would be far easier for them to simply immigrate to a country that holds their radical beliefs - but they don't do that do they. Why is that? Whats the agenda?

It appears to be an invasion via immigration & procreation IMHO.

I cannot blame any native Brit from defending their country and culture against this radical scum. If it happened in my country, you would find me on the front lines sending these monsters back to Hades.

IRM

[edit on 5/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Nothing survives islamicization, nothing. We can only hope your descent into tyranny, misery and barbarism, will serve as a lesson for what remains of western civlization.

Meanwhile we need to prepare for the idea of a radical extremist UK republic. It will probably mean that there will be war, possibly nuclear in your islamic future.

This is not because we want war, but your future leaders want war. Their so called 'holy' book commands them to 'smite' the infidel. You should ponder how it is your people stood around helplessly while your so called leaders deliberately imported a hostile third world mud culture to destroy and replace all that was great in great britain.

3 million muslims in the UK. That means there's 57 million non-muslims in the country. We are not going to become an Islamic republic any time soon. They are not going to close the pubs. They are not going to ban the full English breakfast. They are not going to stop us looking at tits on page 3 of The Sun. Save your bizarre doom & gloom christian fallacy please. Our "Islamic future"? Flip me. You actually believe this stuff?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There has always been racial tension in Britain to some degree. The Oldham riots in 2001 news.bbc.co.uk... Burnley riots in 2001 news.bbc.co.uk... Notting Hill 1958, Brixton 1981, Handsworth 1985, Brixton 1995, Bradford 1995, www.independent.co.uk...

None of this is new. It appears to usually occur when times are tough economically, or deliberate stirring by extreme groups, such as in Oldham. There will no doubt be riots in the near future, which will be terrible but will then naturally dissapaite, like the former.

There is always going to be problems with different cultures living side by side, or segregated, like any other country. I think compared to the likes of France and the U.S as a couple of examples, we do quite well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm sure it is running through your minds that the whole reason for them
even being there is to cause civil unrest. Right? Watch your back my
brothers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
They have done this for one reason and that is to cause civil unrest so the can really clamp down on you poor sheep. And guess what you are not alone we have 20 million Mexicans that are going to do the same thing in our country. And before you go saying this is just a racist view look at the facts race has nothing to do with it.

We need to take a good hard look at the fight that is being setup for us. I bet Australia wished it was closer to another mainland all they have is the poor aboriginals. The time is near the ducks are almost in a perfect line and once they are it is show time.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

A senior police officer has called for a provocative march by Islamic extremists through Wootton Bassett, the town renowned for honouring Britain's war dead, not to be banned amid fears it could further inflame tensions.

Speaking in Central London today, Sir Hugh said: 'Our view is we will have to deal with it, people have a right to march. People might not like it but that is the law.

It can be the case that if you ban something it becomes more popular to turn up to. You then have a mass unlawful protest."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join