It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ATS Member' Worship. Who died and made them God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There have been several threads started and unitintionally degraded into discussions about certain ats members and the completely unwarranted outright Worship they recieve from the weaker minded of our peers.So, I decided to start a thread intentionally about this very phenomenon.

I find this phenomenon completely fasinating for several reasons.

1. The people doing the shameless worship will deny it untill their dying breath which means one of two things.

a.) They are liars and ashamed that they can't think for themselves.
b.) They honestly don't think that they are subject to another ats member and don't realize that they engage in a form of worship at its worst and unfettered Idolization at best.

2. The absolutely huge ego it must take to accept the ufettered starry eyed worship from anyone.

3. All of the others who can see what is going on but do nothing.

My intention is not to out any particular member who is being worshipped as a god by our weaker minded members (we all know who they are anyway) but to get to the bottom of why exactly people tend to gravitate towards someone with the admittedly remarkable skill of being able to google a MSM news article/scientific study. And then why that person will sometimes withhold an opinion untill their savior arrives to free them from the bonds of ignorace. We have all heard/read things such as " Wait untill ___ get's here, He/She will know what it is". or " I can't wait to see what ____ says about this one".

Any douche bag can use Google. I have done it plenty of times. If I can do it then surley the almighty ___ can do it as well. It doesn't take alot of brain power to formulate a conclusion based on solid scientific research spoonfed to us through the MSM. It does take an independant mind able to think outside of the box and
think for itself to stand in oppositon to the all knowing ______ when they have sound evidence from scientists with just as many initials after their name.

What have we become? A wandering bunch of mindless Zombies ready and willing to put anyone up on a pedestle who can quote a friggin' MSM Googled news article!!!!!! Good for you ATS.

Now I happen to know that there are those who agree with me on this so obviously I am not referring to you but there certainly is no shortage of mindless wandering zombies out there who live, sleep, eat, breath and # whatever ______ tells them to and I for one am embarrased and disgusted by it. Grow the F up and formulate your opinion based on your research as well as the research done by SEVERAL other people.

Now, I am well aware what is about to happen with the worshppers themseves. They are going to cry "JEALOSY" or "INSECURITY" which is fine with me. I know who I am and am not going to even dignify such silly remarks. Go for it. The focus here is not on any one particular member but on the losers who worship them. I simply want to know what about human nature allows this to happen.

I'm done with my rant.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by The Lord and Savior]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dude, this is the internet, not real life .. who cares ..

Chill out ..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well since there is a RANT forum on BTS where this belongs, I am gonna go ahead and hit the alert button.

Look the members you speak of, are not the ones to blame, they simply are great contributors who spend MANY hours researching and formulation their opinions based on that research.

We aren't all into the same things. I like quantum physics, but I won't spend 4 months researching it,l id rather read a few papers and look at some well build threads and give myself a general idea.

It's not worshipp, it's understanding of member prowess and capability. THe ones who worship them are the problem.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Look guys it's the lord and savior go figure he must be pissed.
Dear lord sorry for my lack of praise.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lord and Savior

Congratulations ... you just authored the most long winded (and most generally insulting) version of "So you think you're better than me?" insecurirant (tm pending) to date.

Huggle?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think in most cases you are confusing worship for respect anothers opinion.
I mean when you hear about something im sure there is someone that pops into your head and you think wow i cant wait to tell that person about this. its about agreeing with someone who is like minded. but then again i dont notice this worship you speak of but maybe now i will since you brought it to my attention

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

Gangs, Worshipers, etc.

What's next?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Seems as though this is a serious case of envy you have here.

You say you don't want to run and hide
A face that no one knows
And everyone you meet
You're going to show
You're nobody's slave
Nobody's chains are holding you
You hold your fist up high
And pride too
Oh, you've just go to be
Up high where the
Whole world is watching you and me
Cause I...
I've got the guts to be somebody!
To cry out
I want to be somebody
Be somebody soon
I want to be somebody
Be somebody soon
I want to be somebody
Be somebody too

Good song.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that this thread regarding ATS member worship. Who died and made them God? was created by a member of ATS going by the name 'The Lord and Savior'.

I find it highly amusing.

As for the members in question, as already stated it's not their fault that their skills have gleaned them the respect of others. They become brands without trying. It's called group dynamics. Everyone falls into a role whether they like it or not; leader, warrior, shaman, critic, joker, submissive and of course complainer.

Enjoy BTS!

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's me,

I assign members to each other, some as leaders, some as followers, I keep an excel sheet on my desktop to organize everything.

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am gonna go ahead and hit the alert button.

Thank you for your excellent policing skills, where would we be without you?

THe ones who worship them are the problem.

~Keeper

Did you even read the op?lol.

link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It's me,

I assign members to each other, some as leaders, some as followers, I keep an excel sheet on my desktop to organize everything.

Don't be telling them the secrets....jebus chist.

And as the above poster stated...Group Dynamics.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lord and Savior

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am gonna go ahead and hit the alert button.

Thank you for your excellent policing skills, where would we be without you?

I think ATS managed just fine without me prior to December of 08.....

THe ones who worship them are the problem.

~Keeper

Did you even read the op?lol.

I did, I was just restating fact, you see some people have to told a million times the same thing before they get it....get it?

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Bah the infamous double post...

Apologies to the Gods of ATS.

~Keeper

[edit on 1/4/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

SO let me get this straight, If I have a problem with some of the behavior of certain people I actually envy them??? So in your world If I have a problem with the way Christians worship God it is because I envy God? I can't get my head around that line of thinking.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To those of you who are throwing around the phrase 'group dynamics' thank you. I have never heard that term before and am interested in learning more about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lord and Savior
So in your world If I have a problem with the way Christians worship God it is because I envy God?

I'd suggest that if in his world you still have the same username here then yes - you envy God.

It's just a suggestion mind!

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Can we please not fuel the fire here folks?

This post goes along the same lines as many hoaxers we see here everyday.

Just full of emotion of some kind and looking for a place to vent it.

Nowhere better than the anonymous forums of the internet, right?

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What the hell man? How can you cross thread the "worship" as you call it,
of others and call yourself,"The Lord and Savior" at the same time. Is this a lesson on blasphemy or what? Hypocracy 101?

Now, I am well aware what is about to happen with the worshppers themseves. They are going to cry "JEALOSY" or "INSECURITY" which is fine with me. I know who I am and am not going to even dignify such silly remarks. Go for it. The focus here is not on any one particular member but on the losers who worship them. I simply want to know what about human nature allows this to happen.

well ya! you got that right. This thing reaks of jealousy.

You should just go man. I mean you really should.
What are you going to prance around here getting called lord and savior?

I think that's first time I didn't use capitals.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

top topics

<<   2 >>

join