It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YEMEN: Connect the Dots...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What are your thoughts on Yemen?
do you feel that there is more to it than just an Al Qaida training ground?
there are some serious questions being raised regarding the recent detroit underwear bomber, and how he looks to be set up as a patsy so as to start yet another war, then there is the bigger picture that this maybe be even a push for Saudi Arabia being coaxed into war with Iran.

heres a video on what i am talking about and how the main stream media seems to be beating the war drums yet again...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Occupying Yemen would be yet another strategic staging point in an eventual assault on Iran. Any excuse to inflict our military presence upon this nation will undoubtedly embraced by the war profiteers and Israeli sympathizers that currently run our government. I suspect that the underwear bomber is just the latest in a long line of false flag attacks meant to inspire fear in the populace and justify new assaults on our liberties and new wars in our name. If I can ape Bill Maher's New Rules act for a moment, if I could impose a new rule on the mianstream media, it would be that, from now on, when they want to blame some rediculous "terrorist'' scheme on "Al Qaida", then they would have to actually translate the original Arabic words into their English equivalent. In the case of Al Qaida the literal translation is "The Base", but its most common use in the Middle East is as a euphamism for "the toilet"! In what kind of weird religious extremeist organization do the many martyrs for God choose to name their organization after the crapper??

"This just in, The Toilet struck again today, with a brutal attack on this nations cheese farms! Dirk Squarejaw is with us now to fill us all in on the details of this latest attack!" Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Some intelligence Agency is having a real good time trying to convince us that The Toilet is a real threat to us and then coming up with lame-ass exploding underwear scenerios for us to choke down like idiots.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The current fighting in Yemen, and just over the border in Saudi Arabia, is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. This is not something that is about to start, it already has. What will happen though? A lot depends on what the people of Iran do. But if the current Iranian regime retains power they will continue to do what they do best, give weapons, training, money, and other support to assholes. They currently support hamas and hezbollah as well as the houthis. Like southern Lebanon and Gaza, the iranians will make northern yemen another #hole rife with violence. How big will this war get? Well this just might be the opening of the big one that has been predicted many times before as many players could get involved, the USA included.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Obama admin has just started an investigation that is linking agents in the intelligence community to the failed attack.

Basically what is being hinted at: There are individuals in the intelligence community that are allowing/promoting these attacks to discredit some individuals.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Strange Case of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

The above story is a very good read and really makes you wonder if this was a terror plot with a wink and a nod to let it happen so people could gain contracts and point fingers after it happened.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i just saw this interesting map showing the military bases of the U.S.
what stands out is the lack of them in the south of Iran.
i wonder if Yemen is just an excuse to get more bases there for the imminent attack on Iran

lifesabit.ch...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the Muslim extremist guys seem a little disorganized. It has got to be the saddest fighting force I have ever seen. I often wonder why they don't give us a real boogie man to be afraid of. China would do the trick or maybe even Russia. But a bunch of guys that ride camels and don't sh*t in a toilet I am not very scared. Well maybe the next flu will be a good one or maybe they will think of something new. It is like the 4Th season of a show you love and it just does not do it for you anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas
The current fighting in Yemen, and just over the border in Saudi Arabia, is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. This is not something that is about to start, it already has. What will happen though? A lot depends on what the people of Iran do. But if the current Iranian regime retains power they will continue to do what they do best, give weapons, training, money, and other support to assholes. They currently support hamas and hezbollah as well as the houthis. Like southern Lebanon and Gaza, the iranians will make northern yemen another #hole rife with violence. How big will this war get? Well this just might be the opening of the big one that has been predicted many times before as many players could get involved, the USA included.

Well said, couldn't agree more.
Oh wait a minute, I thought you said the US once again supplying money, weapons and training to support their own interests in destabilizing other countries for US oil.

Sorry, I take back my earlier agreement.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I don't understand the notion of occupying Yemen to help with a future attack on Iran. If anything that would only thin the ranks even further than they already are. Saudi Arabia has already given the green light for use of its airspace. The US already has several bases in Saudi which are all closer to Iran than anything in Yemen would be. That just doesn't make sense to me.

If you ask me, this seems more like a favor to Saudi. They are having a problem with Yemen and asking us to help them out a bit.

And for what it is worth, I would be more surprised if I found out that our government wasn't involved in allowing the underwear bomber to do his deed over Detroit. The US government has no qualms about killing foreign citizens and this flight did not originate from the US. It also has no qualms in sacrificing a few of its own for the "greater good" as indicated by all of the troops that have died in these ridiculous wars.

new topics

top topics

join