It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board seems to be getting paranoid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I noticed something as of late, it seems that the ATS board is beginning to get very paranoid. I mean I am sure that we were all a little paranoid before, I mean none of us would be here if we didn't think the Gov't. is hiding something, aliens, have landed, etc... you get my point. But it seems that lately everyone is preparing for the end of the world, and not just here. I am very inquizitive when it comes to people, I can judge moods, etc. its part of my job, but there seems to be a real feeling of actual worry and paranoid in the world (at least around here there is).
Could just be a sign of the times, but it sure is showing.
Anyone else notice it or am I just on another level today?

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
newer and more prolific posters, concerned about a cabal, new world order, etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
heh heh,
You got it.....

People complaining about feeling sick, depressed, complaints of increasing "low level paranormal activities" (love that phrase), strange weather activites ...

... its all an expression of the anxiety people feel over the upcoming war...

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think there is something in what you say. As for why - several possible reasons:

1. a massive war between nations who own some extremely nasty weapons in is the process of beginning.

2. I suspect most of us on here grew up with a half concious belief that the world was going to end sometime around the year 2000

3. we're all worried

I wonder if when you have expectations, then any event that could potentially end the world raises the expectations higher.

I remember that at the millenium I was nervous, on the day of the eclipse I was even more freaked. When the towers fell I thought the end was near.

I'm not sure if there is war in iraq whether it will be The End or not, but even if it isn't I think it will be the end of A world. (world to mean ideas, structure, perception, rather than a physical planet)

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
iraq is nothing more than a lighter for the fuse. n. korea and china are our most likely enemies. however, if russia and cuba want to keep communism alive they will probably join in their side.

i dunno enough about politics to think that through clearly, but i do know something will hapen soon. i know i've done my share of freakin out but i don't have anyone else that is on a level of knowledge capable of abstract thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think Nechicken pretty well covered it.
We have had all this build up about the war,discussed to no end,now all we can do is wait.The longer we wait the more time we have to think of all the things that can go wrong.

Low level paranormal activitie really bothers me though.

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
what low level paranormal activity?

do you mean there's been a marked increase in activity recently, or that everyone is so jumpy that anything out of the ordinary is getting reported more and people are reading more into it?

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All this talk of war and the anxiety it creates.

I still expect to die of buggery in my late seventies in an airless hotel room in Marrekesh with only a fire eating Abbysinian dwarf for company.

At least that's what my personal psychic predicted.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc what low level paranormal activity?

A phrase first coined (as far as I know) from the Ghostbuster movies...In this case, probably being used as a humorous comparison to the observed tension-levels...

BTW Roadghost...Cool avatar. It suits your nickname. I even bookmarked the site it came from so I could look it over more thoroughly...

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Who's paranoid K_OS???

Just because my heart races.....
Everytime Vandenberg Airforce Base sets off a rocket heading right towards my house.

One Sonic Boom after another and my windows shake rattle, and roll.
Clouds over this Desert my batteries are low, due to insufficient solar panels.

(getting ready for the big one!
)
I've been waking up every morning at exactly 3:33 a.m. p.s.t.
(I'm thinking something big is going to happen on March 3rd, 2003 probably at 3:33 a.m.)
The generator sucks gas, like a suckling pig! (It pumps the water up from the well 500 feet)
Oh yeah! I have electricity but I was a girl scout and taught to be prepared. Now if I can keep that damn squirrel out of the stored food.

Paranoid? I don't think so......... Prepared maybe??

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I hear ya Mountain,I was a boy scout...lol.
Question?: Do you have a car? I use a DC inverter...700 watts, and only 1 gallon of gas per 12 hours (Saturn). beats the 17 gallons per day from a generator.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"what low level paranormal activity? "

Everyone on the East Coast has been talking about it, I don't consider myself to be paranoid about it. The WEATHER. It is my belief that these "large snowstorms" are a product of HAARP/scalar technology. You can find detailed discussions of this matter in the Science board on this forum.

I am still evaluating the evidence I have seen about this 'end of the world on 3/33/03' business.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well people have a good reason to be concerned.

1. Nuclear bombs are the end of us, they will get into the hands of evil, infact ther already are.
this will cause a destruction never seen before.

of course youll have people who see no problem, nothings wrong, we are all
fine, your over paraniod ect..

In the long run this has been predicted, you my friends are in the very end of humanity because evil has sprung its ugly head
and has shown itself in the form of technology of mass destruction, dictators, and a sinful culture.

"" when will we know the end is here? you can tell when a storm is coming by the weather aand interpet that, but you cannot interpret the current times you are in and the end of the world?, you hypocrites! ""

how can anyone of you not see todays world?

many souls in this website should pray know what time they are in and prepare. If any of you need advice on
how to prepare i could give you some great info from many saints.

we have today that did not exist in ww2 which is weapons of (mass) destruction.

people have every right to be upset, and concerned.

peace.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You could go back 50 years, and see the same (if not more) portents that the end is near, so don't get too worked up about it...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Well people have a good reason to be concerned.

1. Nuclear bombs are the end of us, they will get into the hands of evil, infact ther already are.
this will cause a destruction never seen before.

True.

One morning you will all wake up and hear from the word of mouth that some city with severla millions of people was just nuked.

You will all get a very rare feeling at that moment. The feeling you never had before.

arc

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
'it's not over til the fat lady sings'

ie. I don't know if the end is approaching but I'm not giving up until I'm gone. I have no issue with the suggestion that we should all prepare ourselves in whatever the best way for each of us is, but don't sit there waiting for death - that way you lost before the war even started

'we have no fate but what we make' (sarah connor T2)

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You got it, happened with the last Gulf war as well.

Actually after the last one, and all the stories that sourounded it, I am more inclined to be sceptical about anthing untoward such as "low level paranormal activities" that are happening now.

Every time a populations anxiety rises, there is more chance for a snowball effect of supposedly strange things, that people would usually discount. Also the usual wackos are given more creedence from a population seeking assurance and answers to things beyond their control.

Originally posted by Gazrok
You could go back 50 years, and see the same (if not more) portents that the end is near, so don't get too worked up about it...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
its much worse than 50 years ago, not only technology wise but (sin) wise.

1. technology has even increased since the gulf war for the worse.

2. 50 years ago tv and radio were nowhere near what content it is today sin wise.

3. 50 years ago we didnt have the kind of weapons we have today

4. 50 years ago the muslims were not rising up against the us in terror like today

5. 50 years ago we did not have this kind of abortion rate.

6. 50 years ago god was allowed in public.

your argument does not stand to these facts that now we have weapons of mass destruction.

(now) if these weapons get into the hands of evil we are looking at billions lost

(now) if countries not with the us get angered and go to war with us it wiill be an all out WW.

(now) when we attack the muslims will rise up against us and israel and will start a 3rd WW.

netchicken, your a christian, and you still cant see the sin and horror in todays culture? you cant see that god allowed these weapons to be
built for our own chastisement?

WW3 will consist of nuclear destruction and neither you or anybody can deny that technology is getting stronger and scarier.

peace.

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
50 years ago we didn't have the ability to communicate opinions and information on a personal level with people all over the planet.

50 years ago our tv and radio were not as widely available so many more people had simply no idea what was going on in the world

yeah sure the content can sometimes leave a lot to be desired - easy solution there - self censorship and keep an eye on what your kids view.

I agree with you on the weapons and technology but think your idea of sin limits you somewhat. WTF has the rate of abortion got to do with potential WW3?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not quite 50 years ago, but so far, the closest we came to WWIII was the Cuban Missile Crisis. Surely, many thought the end was near. There was a real and everyday threat through the 60's, that then flared back up in the 80's, that we could be nuked at any moment. This is what I meant by my arguement, that there have been times in the past that seemed "closer to the end" than nowadays. And God is always allowed in public. If you're referring to the ridiculous arguement of prayer in schools...most schools have a moment of silence where you can behoove whatever deity you choose to save you for the day... Certainly, the abolishment of "forced" prayer is a good thing. School Bible Clubs (i.e. Recruitment tools) not being sanctioned, is likewise a good thing...do it on your own time, not on school time and property. I don't go ramming my beliefs down Christian throats, I appreciate the same courtesy...

Well, enough on that tangent. Like arc said, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Each generation, societal problems are seeming worse and worse. However, lets not forget the good that was accomplished along the way either...

The end is not any nearer now than it ever was. Spending your time running around screaming that the sky is falling is no way to live life...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join