It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remove this thread....or maybe I should say..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
After reading my original Thread, I realized. "Who the hell do I think I am?" and so decided to request that it be removed.

I guess I could create a subject out of this called "Delusion of grandeur", I'm about as guilty of it as the next guy.

This darn EGO, really get's a hold of me sometimes.
Turns out that awakening can happen before enlightenment. But enlightenment can trigger an awakening. My original post describes how enlightenment can only take place AFTER an awakening.

.....sigh...

I wish I knew what I know...unfortunately, what I know can only be told to me through my thinking which is not always clear.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by juzchilln]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Turns out that awakening can happen before enlightenment. But enlightenment can trigger an awakening. My original post describes how enlightenment can only take place AFTER an awakening.

Enlightenment is often mistaken as something more than simple realization. We all experience this stuff each and every day, from driving in rush hour traffic to walking out from a dentist appointment.

Now, this is not to dismiss your brief tango with epiphany. Not in the least. This IS how humans learn and gain what is eventually considered to be wisdom. But like the ego you speak of, we should weigh each lesson according to its price because... like in most things, the costlier the product, the better it is in the long term.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

brilliant.

Simply brilliant. And true.

new topics

join