It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Muslim march through Wootton Bassett 'is an insult and a stunt'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Of course I am not happy about any of our Armed Forces who have either been killed or injured in Afghanistan,
I know quite a few people who have served out there and some who are currently out there.
I sincrely hope they all come home safe and sound.
Unfortunately not everyone will.
And I have the deepest sympathy and respect for all those who have been injured or have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

And it is that which transcends any personal opinions on the rights or wrongs.
Those servicemen deserve the utmost respect.

Choudray's planned march in Wootton Bassett is a delibrate insult and is intentionally provocative.

Let Choudray march in Kabul or Kandahar in support of The Taliban.
Or even one of the many 'no-go areas' for non-Muslims which now exist in several towns and cities of this country.

I suspect you are one of those who would deny me the right to march on St. George's Day as it would be insulting and disrespectful to Muslims etc yet you support their right to march through a village which has absolutely no purpose but to atagonise and provoke.

And you have the nerve to speak of hypocrisy!

I fully stand by my analysis of our role in Afghanistan and the possible future developments if we allow The Taliban to regain control.
It is not fear mongering, they are cold, hard facts.
The Taliban are a barbaric, repressive regime who brook no dissention and treat those that do most brutally.

And you support a return to this?
en.wikipedia.org...
www.islamfortoday.com...
traversa.typepad.com...
tmqblog.com...
www.defense.gov...

And you amaze me in your support of a man who openly admits he will ban you the rights he openly exploits.

If this march goes a. this country will react in such a manner and scale that things will never be the same again.

[edit on 6/1/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

And a question to you and all the other's who believe this march should go a..

Would you support the right of BNP or any other nationalist leaning organisation to march through a predominantly Muslim area?

Bear in mind that numerous applications for such marches / protests have been denied in the past?

Why are the opinions and wishes of those in Muslim areas treat so different to those of the citizens of Wootton Bassett who do not want this march to go a.?
Why is their opinion so worthless yet we must do nothing to upset the sensibilities of the Muslim communities?

I personally find that disgusting and am thoroughly ashamed and disgusted at how the citizens of Wooton Bassett are being treat and manipulated just because they choose to pay the nations respect for those who have fallen in service for their nation.

I lietrally feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

And you have the nerve to accuse me of hypocrisy!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You can't really throw the hypocrisy remark back at me as your suspicions are unfounded because i would totally support any St George's Day parade or whatever way people want to celebrate it.

Also i never recall saying i supported Choudray. I said i supported the right for him to protest.

As for your remarks for BNP marches. How can you compare such a march to what Choudray wants to do? Choudray wants to highlight the deaths of Afghans. Any so called BNP march depends whether they just want to kick up a storm of racism. But even so at the end of the day you can't just pick and choose when people have free speech just because some people might disagree or dislike it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There are a lot of group's set up on various site's just waiting for this march.

One of them is called "I will fight as Wootton Basset" and beleive me it's a hardcore group of mainly ex and serving soldier's including a lot of my old friend's from my time in the army.

I am talking thousand's of people.

So if the march is on a saturday or a sunday well it will get very messy.

Personaly i will not attend.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 6-1-2010 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You defend Choudray who wants to turn this country into an Islamic nation governed by Sharia Law, something totally alien to British society, yet criticise BNP who believe in a return to what they see as British values and customs.

Marches through Muslim area's have continuously been refused, why is this so different?

It seems that people are scared to upset Muslims yet have so little regard or respect for their own.

That disgusts me.

The people of Wootton Bassett and our Armed Forces deserve better!

Would love to stay and debate but got to go to my pub now.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I knew you would say that! Read the last sentence of my last post.

I agree that many seem to be worried about upsetting muslims, when many of the things they worry about are laughable and muslims wouldn't even find offensive.

In my opinion there needs to be some serious changes in the way things are done. Proper intergration of muslim communities. In some areas....actually where i live their are areas practically like a ghetto. Sadly these kind of situations are just letting all the racists and bigots crawl out of the woodwork.

I know many people are fed up and things need to change but not at the expense of freedom of speech. Considering the serious threat of violence from this march by Choudray i now think it should be cancelled and he should do it somewhere else. I still think he has the right to protest.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I agree that the right to protest should not be selective but its a blatantly bad idea to let this march go a.. We have gotten to an unfortunate stage in this country of over-political correctness and are afraid to upset people when we really should. No ethnic groups should have been allowed to segregate as they have tensions have been rising for a long time now and wont improve without radical reforms......the kind none of our politicians have the balls to impose !

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mister h

It's fast happening here in the states too, unfortunatly I don't even think we can use the problems you are having there, for fear of being labeled something.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yeah labelled something other than patriotic my friend

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister h
I agree that the right to protest should not be selective but its a blatantly bad idea to let this march go a.. We have gotten to an unfortunate stage in this country of over-political correctness and are afraid to upset people when we really should. No ethnic groups should have been allowed to segregate as they have tensions have been rising for a long time now and wont improve without radical reforms......the kind none of our politicians have the balls to impose !

The tensions you mention are a worry.. even in my neck of the woods people are concerned about both radical extremes ripping this country apart and the blame lies at the feet of the government for allowing this to happen.

Integration should be on the agenda for all migrants to whichever host country they arrive at.. in my neck of the woods the bonfire tradtions have been continuous even under Cromwell's rule.. but they are under threat from the PC and H&S brigade.,. got to wrap you up in cotton wool, tell you how to think and feel while making sure you offend no one in their bland gray world.

We tried to get UNESCO cultural protection for our traditions like many others cultures/religions have, but since this Gov won't sign the convenction so our tradtions get no protection while the culture and tradtions of immigrants are protected and encouraged.

That's not the immigrants fault, that this the fault of the Gov, and their multi-cultural approach which has in my opinion will keep failing while it is so one sided.. One of the core societies of our bonfire council have started to declare their town an independent kingdom, holding presidential elections and flying a US like flag with black stripes and the stars replaced with the Skull and crossbones

All Choudray does is rake up tensions to cuase a deeper divide in our communities, which I do feel is his intention over making some kind of anti-war statement. I fear he will get the backlash he appears to be after.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Hang him and place his . at Marble Arch, (very close to Tyburn Gate).

Anyone who complains could join him if they wished, I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to do this.

sounds like the tactics the taliban use. Come on Freeborn, you know Islam4uk are not going to go a . with this march, they have suceeded in their aims of whipping up the british public and getting in the media. wouldn't it be better if we ignored Islam4UK and to not give them the media coverage they so much desire.

this is what I meant about not wanting to get whipped up by the anti Muslim hysteria.

another side point, why do you think on the Islam4uk website they gave 2 mobile numbers for people to contact them on. Surely they knew they would get death threats, which would give them an excuse to cancel the protest. the protest is never gonna happen. It was all about the media attention which they have recieved in droves.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
edit double post

[edit on 7-1-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Hang him and place his . at Marble Arch, (very close to Tyburn Gate).

Anyone who complains could join him if they wished, I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to do this.

sounds like the tactics the taliban use. Come on Freeborn, you know Islam4uk are not going to go a . with this march, they have suceeded in their aims of whipping up the british public and getting in the media. wouldn't it be better if we ignored Islam4UK and to not give them the media coverage they so much desire.

Of course this was spoken from the heart and with passion.
However, surely Choudray has broken the new race / hatred laws and should be prosecuted with spreading hatred.

And I am pleased they have whipped up the British public.
The British public have never been so united on something for donkey's years and are beginning to show TPTB that we will not stand for much more of their social engineering and their immigration policies. They must act now before we take matters into our own hands.

You may not like that.
Tough!
It is the way it is.

And under no circumstances should Choudray be allowed to spout his evil rantings in MSM such as a televised debate.

Whether you, or anyone for that matter, likes it, Nick Griffen is representative of a far larger minority in this country and remember the furore whn he went on Question Time.
Nick Griffen has never advocated terrorism and the killing of innocent people.
Choudray has repeatedly voiced his support for Islamic terrorists and their actions.

We cannot ignore the threat Choudray and his like pose.
Burying one's . in the sand only makes it easier for someone to shag you up the arse!

Choudray and his supporters pose a live and real threat and action has to be taken now.

If not by our limp wristed, politically correct politicians, of all major parties, then by the people themselves.

[edit on 7/1/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That guy is not a nutcase, he is just using the war in Afghanistan as an excuse to say the British system is bad and evil by killing these so called nice militant Muslims while setting his agenda to say become a Muslim like me it is better.

If he cared so much he could save some money and go visit Afghanistan and teach them to be tolerant and peaceful to minorities and women there and to say that suicide missions and killing for Islam is evil to his religion, I am sure they will listen - like cut his . off.

Innocents do die in war, but it is not the mission of the Democracy based war, they liberate people and some casualties do happen along the way. These Islamic Militants do not care about that, they would rather kill innocents for their ideology and keep them in fear and oppressed mental states and persecution.
No doubt some Soldiers break their own laws of conduct, but that is human nature, I say the Koran and Muhammad is full of teaching human nature and desires for the sake of Islamisation.

No so my guess is that he is playing victim as perpetrator, I am sure under his Sharia Law they would kill you for just reading the Bible or protesting against Sharia.

Moderate Muslims are ok, because they don't spend hours reading what Muhammad said and did, if you do I am sure you too will end up feeling the need to being violent and intolerant because there is only one message in the Koran which is to islamise everything in the world and wipe out all obstacles.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by The time lord]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join