It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LCD or Plasma? What's Your Opinion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Agree with Sdog, Visio is the way to go. I've seen that model on demo in the store and it's incredible. It also has a 240hz refresh rate which is the future (at least until they bump it up)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Depending on your budget mate, you could hold off till summer and buy 3D, Sony releases both Blu Ray 3d and their range of displays.

I think the LED tv's are OLED (organic light emitting diode) screens. Nice, but expensive. Especially considering the cost of LCD screens now, you could get three 40" LG's for the cost of one Sony OLED, again, I know not your circumstances. Schrodinger's right though, the tv really impresses, and you'll be pleased with either providing you buy a decent screen. Kuro's and Bravia's were good and I've foun you can't go wrong with a Samsung for quality and value.

At CES on Wednesday, Panasonic displayed a 152" screen with four times HD resolution. No price though...!

If you get a Plasma, don't transport it home flat, keep it upright!

Sendran.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I Would also suggest the VIZIO as the way to go.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We can't get the Vizio till the end of the month!

I want it NOW!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just an update. After much careful consideration and discussion, we decided to go ahead and get a regular LCD TV. We really have no need to get the latest technology, for our needs are pretty lo-tech.

For nearly half the price of the LED one, we got a nice 47" Vizio. We LOVE it. With the money we saved, we can get some other components like new speakers and a blu-ray player.
We did have to move our living room around to put some space between us and the TV.

A couple years down the road, we'll see what's going on in the TV world and then maybe make another purchase. But since this is our first HDTV, I think we made the right choice.

Thanks again for all your help!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would pick LCD over Plasma any day. LCD has a better life expansion, and it just looks as nearly good. Plasma burns out to fast, and I don't think it's as power efficient as an LCD.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

For nearly half the price of the LED one, we got a nice 47" Vizio.

Pfff ... 47 inch will trigger the inevitable pixel envy ...

Nah, congrats girl ... now let the Palin sink in!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My friend swears by a Vizio. And LCD over Plasma. When I make the move to HDTV, as of right now, I'd lean to a Sony Bravia LCD.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
now let the Palin sink in!

I'm sorry. There are certain people who will not be permitted to beam their rays into our living room.

We're LOVING the TV. Getting used to its overbearing presence in the room. It's GREAT!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Yeah that's what I have atm, Sony Bravia 3, very cool tv like, even if it was second best to the one I originally wanted!

I've not heard much of Vizio, is it an american thing?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
We've got 2 LCD tvs,and they're great,sun does not reflect so that the picture goes away.Now I cannot be against plasma tvs,but I think LCD is the way

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would add, that anyone who lives in a higher altitude do not get a plasma. They burn out in like 2 years for some reason.

I just got a new LG 42" and I absolutely love it. Amazing with blu ray

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LCD myself, and loving it. You just haven't played a video game until you've played it on a big LCD tv...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
LCD myself, and loving it. You just haven't played a video game until you've played it on a big LCD tv...

Absolutely!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join