It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is not a christian!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
thank "god"
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would prefer that ALL politicians be non religious and secular, because our laws are supposed to NOT be based on religion.

So this OP is good news to me. It doesnt make me like the man any more, however.

The worst type of political leader, especially president, is one who wears their religion so loudly it is all you think of when you the name(gwb, palin, etc).

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My point was missed, all I am saying is if he claimed to be a christiian, why?..and hes a liar?...I could care less if his religion is radiology. It's the point that he is a liar, and isn't a christian.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I dont see any politician pushing their religious agenda, because politics dont control religion and pushing a religious agenda means giving power to the leaders of that religion, which takes power away from the politician.

Unless we are talking about Theocratic Governments, like Iran. Or in cases like in Brazil, where we have pastors from the Evangelic Church becoming politicians, which is unconstitutional, but the Evangelists are so powerful and rich that they manage to keep electing their politicians.

Other than that, the only other way I can see a politician giving power to religion that way would be if the politician is dumb.

That aside, i agree with your that it´s not good to have someone in power trying to push a religious agenda on the population.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I care less about President Obama's faith base than if he misreprestened himself.

Actually, I really don't care about that either. ALL of the U.S. politicians have shown the side of themselves that would garner more votes when running for president -- it's the way the game is played, and I have to give President Obama props for that -- he's played the game well... he is golden so far.

I just hope the man and his cabinet, political allies et al pull this country together. Please do the right thing for the United States, President Obama. Make us believe. Be the change we want to see.

p.s. Please stop underwriting failed corporations; nobody should be "too big to fail."

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My guess is that in his private life, Obama is just as much of a Christian as George W. Bush is in his private life.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You know I don't like Obama at all but I really don't care about his religion. Not like whatever religion he is is gonna make him a crappier pres than he already is lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
My point was missed, all I am saying is if he claimed to be a christiian, why?..and hes a liar?...I could care less if his religion is radiology. It's the point that he is a liar, and isn't a christian.

Dude, of course he is a liar. We are all liars. Are you saying you dont tell lies? We all lie. We have to. We cant live well among others just telling the truth, because sometimes the truth causes problems.

In the case of politics, to lie is necessary. US has more than 300 million people. A presidential candidate has to please as many people as possible form those 300 million. He´s goal is to become president, not to get 15 minutes of fame to tell everyone what he thinks is true. He needs to tell people what they want to hear.

In any campaign, they are constantly doing field research and focus groups to find out what it is people want to hear. My cousin´s gf is responsible for editing the campaign videos of one of the most powerful politicians in Brazil. he is probably going to be our next president. They use everything you can think about. Subliminal messages, body language, background colors, tone of voice, careful choice of words and constantly non-ending field research to find out what it is people want to hear.

That is the world of politics. it is not about YOU or ME. It is about POWER.

Did you know here in brazil politicians LOVE when there are floods and all sorts of natural accidents? Because then they put the city in State of Emergency. You know what happens then? The consitution allows the government to hire ANY company it wants. The normal thing to do is to open a public dispute for the contract so the BEST company wins. But the constitution allows a direct contract in a State of Emergency. You know when else? In case of WAR!

yeah, war on Iraq. Trillions of dollars spent on the war, a bunch of it unnacountable for and if the US constitution is similar to ours in that respect, a whole bunch of that money was spent in direct expensive contracts from companies closely related to the Bush family. And, of course, the Bushes get a piece of that contract on the side.

They will always lie dude. Always, always. Even the HONEST and GOOD politicians, which are rare, have to lie. You see, when you are in power, you have your projects and your plans and you need to execute them. But you cant just show all your plans to the public, because your have an OPPOSITION and if they know what you want to do they will try their best to make you fail. So you need to lie about it and catch them unprepared.

Those are just a few examples. I have seem and see a lot of corruption in my daily life. Politics is a dirty game. There is no way around it. Sometimes you need to give favors to the opposition to get a new law approved in the congress or something like that. It´s a never ending power game.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I could care less it he was a Pastafarian (follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster)! The fact is that this is a secular nation founded on secular principles and if an individual cannot separate his/her spiritual side from his/her secular side when serving in an elected office in this nation, then I don't want him/her in said office! This is especially true of the Office of the POTUS!!!

KEEP YOUR DAMN RELIGION OUT OF MY GOVERNMENT! THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY! NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Obama is not a christian!

Come on. He's what ever you want him to be.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

s one who wears their religion so loudly it is all you think of when you the name(gwb, palin, etc).

It truly is amazing how you conveniently left Jimmy Carter off the list.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

The fact is that this is a secular nation founded on secular principles and if an individual cannot separate his/her spiritual side from his/her secular side when serving in an elected office in this nation, then I don't want him/her in said office!

It truly is amazing when members aren't even versed in the Declaration of Independence, and how much they relied on a Divine Being:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This not true...I saw an interview with Michelle and the kids in fron of one of the Christmas trees at the WH. She was asked how many trees there were...she answered that she believed there too be 124 or something like that and then ask someone and they said yeah that was right. the press corp also asked what the kids had gotten for the President...they all giggled and said of course they couldn't tell that because he would see it. Below is a link to a story about how Michelle gives better gifts than she recieves from Barrack. Since when is christmas about decorations? Never has been to Christains except to go with the theme of lights and junk presents and food...just commercialization. the true meaning of Christmas to Christians is the birth of Christ which most bibcal scholars agree wasn't on December 25th but it was the date that stuck. I am not a fan of Obama but ZI don't care what religion he is. Ask any Baptist and not a single Catholic according to them would be considered to be a true christain. just the way it is according to them!

here the link to the story!

www.thaindian.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
\

No, your point was not missed. You were trying to get other christian fanatics who are uneducated about Obama's religious beliefs, the U.S. Constitution, the basis of the founding of this country to get all riled up and further pile on about the evil illegitimate POTUS. Sorta like Glen Beck, except you aren't getting paid.

As has been pointed out, you are wrong about obama, and even if you weren't, you would still be a pathetic example of an engaged citizen, as our system requires an educated and informed electorate to function properly.

The way George Bush used words about Jesus was pathetic. He tricked the religious-right, and it is well-documented. Just because Obama is more discrete about his religiosity, does not make him any less of a Christian. However, this twisted game of trying to start a crusade of ignorance does make you less of one.

You and your ilk are destroying what is left of our country.

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

What does the declaration of independence have to do with the constitution, the supreme law of the land? Furthermore, Where does the declaration of independence mention Jesus?

"Thomas Jefferson was a man of deep religious conviction - his conviction was that religion was a very personal matter, one which the government had no business getting involved in. He was vilified by his political opponents for his role in the passage of the 1786 Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom and for his criticism of such biblical truths as the Great Flood and the theological age of the Earth. As president, he discontinued the practice started by his predecessors George Washington and John Adams of proclaiming days of fasting and thanksgiving. He was a staunch believer in the separation of church and state."

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

www.usconstitution.net...

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It truly is amazing when members aren't even versed in the Constitution of the United States, and how much it guarantees a secular government:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The United States Constitution

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Oh sure. I think you are full of...let's say, religious zeal.
The Declaration was a screw off letter to King George, not law.
The words Natures God is a Diest term, not a Christian one.
When they wrote The Constitution ( THE LAW OF THE LAND), they made no reference to God, Jesus, Christ or Christianity. ( Don't even think of the old "in the year of our Lord date thing!!! Thats the same as "AD"., and that wasn't part of LAW anyway).
Now why do you "Professor", think that is?
Whatever the founders personal beliefs were, they went to great effort to not codify them into any law! Now if the intended a Christian Nation, why do this? If they wanted a Christian Nation, THEN WHY DID THEY NOT PLAINLY SAY SO?
Professor my......foot!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Obama's not a Christian ?

Don't worry. Many previous presidents weren't Christian either

Same old ...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There maybe something to this thread.

Check out the hidden image in Michelle's knees.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Where does the declaration of independence mention Jesus?

Where, pray tell, did I MENTION Jesus?
You and your other cohorts jump on comments concerning Christianity, again not mentioned by me, in my SPECIFIC reply to the monkey.
As for old dragger, your personal attacks have finally reached the point where I no longer wish to waste time on your trash. Congratulations on making my very short ignore list. Go bother someone else. I have no time for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join