It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus juice!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Alchemy comes from Arabic Al Khemet or "From Egypt", lit. "From the Black Land". This is the reason why we have the concept of "Black Magic", where Black is supposed to mean Evil. A complete and utter misunderstanding. And Alchemy is so much more than turning lead into gold. It's the main source of all religion and science, and is probably older than man itself, ever developing. Newton was about 90% alchemist and 10% scientist. Other great alchemists were Pythagoras and Plato. Jesjuah ha Mesjiach may very well have been an alchemist, but concidering how Pythagoras had to wait and study for 20 years before he was initiated into the circle of secret teachings, I'd rather believe that since Jesjuah was a Rabbuni he would know his share of Kabalah which is basically a Jewish version of Alchemy. Hermetisism is another, but all these schools of secret knowledge has come to us via Egypt. From the stars.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

What do you believe to be true? Is Jesus the Lord over all things and we must believe and worship him to access Heaven in the end? Or do we face eternal damnation?

What I desire is pure fundamental truth, and we seem to have it visible if we get past belief; however hard to discern the truth. In that truth, I have learned that man seeks to control man, so we must question anything that man proclaims as truth.

It must be a journey of ones self with the realizations that comes when one seeks truth. Trust no-one I say. Even me.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

What do you believe to be true? Is Jesus the Lord over all things and we must believe and worship him to access Heaven in the end? Or do we face eternal damnation?

No, of course not. The only thing we'd need to exit planet Earth is science and I suppose unless one would to make the trip alone, one would also have to qualify in one way or the other, bith in knowledge and morale. There is no magic words that needs to be said, like "I believe in Jesus" that will gain anyone automatic access into any spaceship in my opinion, but for all I know it may be an issue.

What I desire is pure fundamental truth, and we seem to have it visible if we get past belief; however hard to discern the truth. In that truth, I have learned that man seeks to control man, so we must question anything that man proclaims as truth.

Faith and belief is the source of all proofs. Unless we believed something could be the case we would never even bother sorting it out. However if you by faith mean some kind of conformity as to why where and what etc. or even a god or some system of Law, I'd say your preconsumption bothers me, and I would say you're wrong. Any inventor or original science producer starts off with faith. He might recognise patterns etc. and start figuring out why and how etc. Before it ends up as proof for anything it has gone through Hell so to speek.

It must be a journey of ones self with the realizations that comes when one seeks truth. Trust no-one I say. Even me.

What good is knowledge if we don't develop it and refine it? What good can it possibly do to me other than satisfaction, to know everything, unless I used that knowledge for the better of man and for the cause of enlightening others and have the snowball rolling?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

If Jesus was alive to day, he could make a killing with E-bay items.

He is alive today. Jesus doesn't make a killing, he makes the living.

What a great line saint4God.....

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by saint4God

If Jesus was alive to day, he could make a killing with E-bay items.

He is alive today. Jesus doesn't make a killing, he makes the living.

What a great line saint4God.....

Matthew 5:% Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Sain4God, you will be incredibly wealthy, and inherit all of the kingdoms of your true Father. Care for some rock or some paragliding off of cliffs? I nearly laughed my arse off when I read that instant karma reply. You're really something.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
He really would of made a living selling Jesus juice if it were available but too expensive for my blood.:shk:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
'Amen I say to you: Yohananon bar Zechariah was sent not eating and drinking, and the sons of men called him 'possessed' : whereas the Bar-Enasha ('son of Man') was sent both eating and drinking, and the sons of men say, 'behold a Glutton and a Drunkard !'

We can't be sure how much the man R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean actually imbibed, but he seemed to eschew asceticism UN-like his former Rabbi Yohananon bar Zechariah ('John the Baptist' who baptised him) ...at any rate they called R. Yehoshua a 'drunk'--at least according to the gospels (e.g. 'Luke' 7:34 and 'Matthew' 11:19, whoever they were).

Maybe the reference is to his being 'a glutton and a drunkard' stems from his being 'uncivil to his mother' (judginf from his rather rude language in the 4th gospel) in the Water to Wine Myth --which is specifically set at the town of Cana in the Galilee (which just happens to be the exact center of Palestinian Dionysius-Bacchus cult (Mystery) worship, and we all konw that Bacchus/Dionysius was, significantly, the god of wine) in the 4th Greek canonical Gospel - whoever 'Yohanon the Elder' was...

('and Mary his mother said to him, They Have No Wine', and Iesous said, Ishah, Mah Li-uh-leckhah ?' ('woman, I have nothing to do with you !') lit. 'lady, what to me and to you?' ('John' 2:1-5 &tc.)

Sounds pretty darned disrespectful to talk to Mummykins like that. Esepcially for a Rabbi who should have known better: most likey (especially in view of the magic wand stuff) the whole Cana Water to Wine pericope is a midrashic symbolic story, not to be taken 'historically'-it is NOT found in any of the other 'canonical' council approved gospels at any rate :

See the Torah commands about talking back to one's mum: naughty naughty--it carried the DEATH PENALTY...

Deut. 21:18-23

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or his mother, and when they have scolded him, will not listen:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate and they shall say unto the elders of his city,

Our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice;

HE IS GLUTTON AND A DRUNKARD !

Then all the males of his town shall stone him with stones, until he dies and since he has committed a sin worthy of death, and after you have executed him, you will then hang him on a tree—but his corpse shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you will bury him while still daylight for he who is hanged upon a tree is accursed of EL."

Maybe it was his mother who called him the Glutton and the Drunkard, who knows...but it is curious, is it not, that we have in the same pericope in the 4th canonical Greek gospel (whoever wrote it) a CLUSTER of ideas that link R. Yehoshua to not only wine (Eucharist) but ALSO to being called a GLUTTON AND A DRUNKARD and also about being HUNG ON A TREE and BURIED BEFORE SUN-DOWN, all of which are gospel themes in the socalled canonical Passion narratives.

It could be that the whole pericope in the 4th gospel, according to 'John' (whoever he was) about the socalled Wedding at Cana is a symbolic story not to be taken literally. Since Palestinian Jews typically used daily mikvah baths for ritual-cleanliness (water) and early Christians performed a kind of weekly wine and bread ceremony (eucharist, using the 'blood of the grape') we can see a symbolic statement here : from water (mikvah) to wine (Eucharist) sort of displaying/illustrating the move of post Destruction Christians (who were originally Messianic Jews called Ebionim) in Palestine to the new rituals of what was quickly (after the events of 70CE ground the state of Israel and Jerusalem to powder, including the ritual-centered 2nd Temple of Herod) emerging as a whollly new religion centered around a person and a Eucharist ritual, and open to a different (i.e. gentile) audience.

The whole Cana story may be a symbolic message illustrating the final rift between the original Judaic Messianic Kashrut gentile hating followers or 'Iesous' (who were all dead for the most part after the 1st Failed Jewish War Against Rome in 70CE) and the later Pauline, Gentile loving Kashrut hating Torah-eschewing Christians' who traded in the mikvah ritual cleansings of the Torah for the Eucharist...

One must always be on guard when we read gospel pericopes about taking anything LITERALLY since the material is highly imbued with symbolism and hagaddic midrash which were meant to be SYMBOLIC not historical...

Another aspect of the whole story may involve the so-called Our God is Better than Your God type of Mentality, since Cana was after all a major center of Bacchus/Dionysius (wine god) worship in the Galillee--so naturally CANA and WINE and the GOD would be linked together in the telling of the story. One could almost say, Our Iesous REPLACES your Dionysius Bacchus (in other words, OUR Mysteries i.e. of Christ, are BETTER than YOUR Mysteries of Dionysius-Bacchus !..) since in those days there existed nearly 40 of these Mystery Cults (e.g. the Mysteries of Isis, the Mysteries of Mithras, the Mysteries of Serapis (Osiris-Apis), the Mysteries of Zeus, the Mysteries of Adonis (Attannuzzi) etc. and all these mystery religions flowing inexorably along busy and well travelled Roman roads --and all in competition with each other for new members. Christianity was just another Mystery Religion to many within the Diaspora (cf: Paul: 'behold I tell you a Mystery, we shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed, etc. or the description of Christianity among the Bishops as 'Our Mysteries of Christ' etc.'.

And Alexandria (where the 4th gospel was thought to have been composed) was stuffed to the rafters with foreign Mystery Religious cults all vyng for new tithe paying politically active audiences---and it is well known that many high ranking persons were members of several of these Mystery Relgions at the same time--only the Christians (like the Jews before them) seemed to want 'exclusivity' in that regard...and eventually they would run out by the 3rd and 4th centuries and violently destroy many of the shrines of Mithras and Bacchus Mysteries...

Bear all of these things in mind when you read the Cana Pericopes in the 4th canonical Greek gospel ('John') - there is more than meets the eye in these compact narratives--and the more you look, the more you sometimes find !!!!!!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

I had no idea that religion was that ruthless when it comes to the comsumption of Jesus juice. To get stoned over a drunken stupor just doesn't seem right. $tar for helping deny ignorance against religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join