It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice the Doctor Who, Annunaki reference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Big giant planet with a fiery surface coming close to Earths orbit threatening to destroy it 5th element style. Timelords playing a loosely costumed Nordic race with superior technology.

As for a personal experience I'll keep to myself for now. I fully realize the possibility of using technology to herald the end of time. We see time as such an infinite construct that some of us can't think in terms without it, imho. Maybe what has kept the final judgement of the end of days at bay is time itself. Allowing us to experience before it's over.

Maybe the "great deceivers", that a certain alien message (credibility?) is warning us about is infact these Annunaki who have subverted our consciousness with constructs of what reality should be. Granting them ultimate control (Stargate Ori?)

IDK, all I know is I felt something personal when I watched the ending of Doctor Who, an odd sense of Deja Vu.

For anyone familiar, Doctor Who reminds me of Thoth in many ways, that the show is essentially a modern story fiction in honor of his past exploits.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yes I did notice it; It was like nibiru appearing in the heavens!! That was my first thought when I saw it... Did you get the "Obama saving the world" reference too in the first part??............ It was all a little strange to say the least....

However Im sad to see David Tennent go; he was my favourite Doctor out of the lot and easy on the eye too

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I didn't make any planetary connection but I sure had a good laugh when the whole world was waiting for Obama to save them all with a "financial scheme."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Yes I did notice it; It was like nibiru appearing in the heavens!! That was my first thought when I saw it... Did you get the "Obama saving the world" reference too in the first part??............ It was all a little strange to say the least....

However Im sad to see David Tennent go; he was my favourite Doctor out of the lot and easy on the eye too

I was impressed in the last scene he had. I thought he nailed the emotions someone would be feeling experiencing the body dying, the emotional impact of it not the physical.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mryanbrown]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I'm glad i'm not the only one lol

i saw the Nibiru reference, the Obama reference and the "ascension" reference
strange episode definately as soon as i saw it my mouth dropped and i yelled

"NIBIRU!"

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i felt something too.. really going to miss David Tennant. Matt Smith just isn't as good looking either.

i did take notice to the obama financial plan bit. thought it was a nice reference to the real world. kinda links the whoniverse to ours.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I wouldnt call it a planet x reference.

it was the time lord planet comming though from the link between the master and the diamond thing ^_^

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So why did it have to collide with our planet, appear larger, and be on fire. Mostly, why did it have to be on fire and referred to as hell?

I think it's a blatant reference, more in your face than the 5th Element.

Let's remove the Doctor Who specific references....

You're left with a race similar to humans who pretend to be gods, and use deception to bring about the conditions for their return as the superior race. On a planet with a fiery atmosphere that may or may not collide with earth.

TV or not, that story has amazing similarities to the Annunaki story. And Also the 5th Element, if no one else noticed.

So was Bruce Willis the Doctor and Gary Oldman the Master? hah! That aside, I think a lot of people were just in awe and immediately thought, Niburu!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I noticed it too, probably why i cracked up laughing. Terrible episode but at least its what i expected. Lets hope Moffat can turn this show around.
Its a shame Tennant was a great Doctor but had awful scripts.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You think that story had references!?!?!

I strongly suggest you all watch Tom Baker`s story The Masque of Mandragora, it`s on BBC`s youtube in science fiction.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I was only a casual observer of Doctor Who. But the ending put every episode I've seen immediately into perspective as soon as I saw that planet.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I noticed the Dr. Who reference in that Star Wars episode of Family Guy...

new topics

top topics

join