It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow , Race Card Much

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Here's my attempt at explaining the racialization of Obama's critics:

I think many look at criticism of Obama as racially motivated, because he is being given a different standard than other presidents. I mean, what is different about Obama that makes people scramble to delegitimize his presidency at every turn?

Also, so much of the criticism of Obama is spewed without a logical basis, so that makes people question from where the venom is truly coming. By most neutral accounts, Obama has been rather moderate in his style of governance.

A good example of the double standard was how Bush lost the popular vote, and became president due to a supreme court decision. However, people that questioned this usurpation of power were labeled as crazy fringers. Meanwhile, birthers and teabaggers are treated as though their opinion on the possibility of Obama not being legitimate are legitimate.

Bush spent an ungodly amount of time at his ranch, and on vacation, yet Obama is lambasted for taking Michelle out for dinner? What gives?

If it's not racially driven, than what is it? Plus, I think if many that doth protest a little too much were somehow given a test that determined their tendency towards being prejudiced, the findings would not be surprising.

Best,
Skunknuts

Dude!!! WTF are you smokin'????????????????? Here are some logical, factual accounts of asshat's presidency to date - he has wracked up more debt than any other president in history in less than 1 year. In fact, he has wracked up more debt in 1 year than all of the previous presidents COMBINED!

He has taken over industry - GM, GMAC, Chrystler, AIG, Countless banking institutions etc... and has completely eviscerated free market capitalism. His healthcare "reform" reforms nothing and creates an almost $15,000 cost burden on the average American Family. His "Green" initiatives are not green at all - unless you're comparing it to the color of money - because that's all it does, bleed ordinary Americans dry as energy costs will skyrocket.

The outrage regarding his "Date night" with Michelle is that it cost taxpayers HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Dozens of cars had to be flown to NYC, Dozens of Secret Service had to be fed and housed and flown there to protect him, etc... It cost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS!

Obama has spent more time golfing in 1 year than Bush did in 8!!! Don't get me wrong, Bush was also an asshat - but I'm not afraid to admit that. So.... Am I racists now? Or perhaps you're just a partisan shill unable to see the forest for the trees. I think we both know which!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I was pointing out that maybe people hadn't researched the other first ladies, and that's why they were complaining. I was trying to point to that as another excuse, rather than racism, which seems to be the only reason for questioning/complaining about Obama now a days according to so many people.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Laura was definately no conservative in that regard. However, in general when it's time to tighten up the belt for citizens, politicians are expected to set an example and do the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I suspected as much. It's hard to convey sarcasm over the internet.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You know what really pisses me off about all this? Under the last administration i was called unpatriotic and a terrorist because i dissented with my government. Now i am considered a Racist-terrorist under the new government. Change indeed.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Um, because you said so? Show me where Obama's trip to NY cost hundreds of millions of dollars? That sounds like the most stupid statement ever, and shows that you either need to smoke/ stop smoking, whatever might add some common sense to your repertoire.

A trip to NY costing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars, and you shout it repeatedly. Dude, use your head.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I think many look at criticism of Obama as racially motivated, because he is being given a different standard than other presidents. I mean, what is different about Obama that makes people scramble to delegitimize his presidency at every turn?

Also, so much of the criticism of Obama is spewed without a logical basis, so that makes people question from where the venom is truly coming. By most neutral accounts, Obama has been rather moderate in his style of governance.

A good example of the double standard was how Bush lost the popular vote, and became president due to a supreme court decision. However, people that questioned this usurpation of power were labeled as crazy fringers. Meanwhile, birthers and teabaggers are treated as though their opinion on the possibility of Obama not being legitimate are legitimate.

Bush spent an ungodly amount of time at his ranch, and on vacation, yet Obama is lambasted for taking Michelle out for dinner? What gives?

If it's not racially driven, than what is it? Plus, I think if many that doth protest a little too much were somehow given a test that determined their tendency towards being prejudiced, the findings would not be surprising.

Best,
Skunknuts

Dude!!! WTF are you smokin'????????????????? Here are some logical, factual accounts of asshat's presidency to date - he has wracked up more debt than any other president in history in less than 1 year. In fact, he has wracked up more debt in 1 year than all of the previous presidents COMBINED!

The outrage regarding his "Date night" with Michelle is that it cost taxpayers HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Dozens of cars had to be flown to NYC, Dozens of Secret Service had to be fed and housed and flown there to protect him, etc... It cost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS!

Obama has spent more time golfing in 1 year than Bush did in 8!!! Don't get me wrong, Bush was also an asshat - but I'm not afraid to admit that. So.... Am I racists now? Or perhaps you're just a partisan shill unable to see the forest for the trees. I think we both know which!

Did you forget that Bush (although it turned out to be a lie), said he gave up golf as his 'sacrifice' to the troops, or some other nonsensical statement. I know that you think it is inappropriate for Obama to be on the gold course (other than as a caddy). Should I be surprised?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

OMG, "only as a caddy"..........racism has to pop into every post from some, even without a hint of it being there........another 3 years of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Best,
Skunknuts

So, not sure where you got your first-rate information (Rush? Savage?), but let this be a lesson about the many, undoubtedly skewed, bits of anti-Obama BS you have in your head. This is from the liberal MSM that some guy named 'Hannity' must represent:

www.foxnews.com...

A quick trip around Hannity's America...

Thanks, Taxpayers!

The president and first lady enjoyed a romantic evening on Saturday night. President Obama whisked his wife off to Manhattan for dinner and a Broadway play, but that celebration cost you a minimum $24,000.

And this from the ultra-liberal rag that is the Washington Times:

www.washingtontimes.com...

One thing is known — The Obamas picked up the cost of dinner costs and their orchestra seat tickets, which cost $96.50 a piece.

See, that's the thing. You people say the darnedest things, and being the nice liberals that we are, we don't want to assume you are just plain dumb. So, we try to come-up with an alternate explanation that explains from where this totally illogical, emotion-based tripe is coming, like underlying racism, for example.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

OMG, "only as a caddy"..........racism has to pop into every post from some, even without a hint of it being there........another 3 years of this.

It's a joke. See, it was clever, as I combined the topic of this thread with a complaint about Obama golfing (as we all know the history of Blacks and golf courses).

Lighten-up buddy.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Racism is a tough nut to crack. I realise it will never be eradicated. It has always been with us and I don't see it going anywhere.
Hard to believe someone would try to complicate something so childish in this manner, I
guess it does seem to be the case. Mathews:shk:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Racist is Racist no matter how you cloak it.

This is addressed to the Video and anybody out there that feels the shoe fits.

You know who you are.

As evidenced by the thousands of posts on ATS, self described Patriots/Teabaggers state that the issue is not Obama's color, but that the system is broken. Obama is part of it so he is complicit, or a Puppet, or worse so they hate Obama as much as they hate the GOV. Therefore they want him out of office. If they are sincere, no problem. I disagree but I applaud your Patriotism. Bravo!

For a hypocrite, or a Racist:
It's easy to say I hate Obama because "give any reason except race", when in fact the problem is Color. Fact not speculation.

Not easy to conclude, but possible to extrapolate a reasonable conclusion about, based on relevant factors.

Non politically specific Example:

You are obviously ethnic in appearance.
You walk into a bar, and order a Michelob.
Bartender says, sorry, were all out.
Patron says, Ok, I'll have a Miller.
BT says, we're out of Miller.
Patron, Ok give any bottled beer
BT says, were out of all Bottled beer
Patron, Ok how about a draft
BT the tap is out of order.
Patron Ok give me a shot of Wild Turkey.
BT, sorry we are out of shot glasses.

At this point you would have to be in a coma not to get the picture.

Tea Party examples.

A guy who is s holding up a banner that depicts Obama wearing a grass skirt, war paint, eating a watermelon, with the words, I'm against Health Care Reform. This person gets the you are a racist award. If you don't think this is racist, then you are absolutely a racist.

A person carrying a sign that says, Barry Bin laden or Osama Obama is a Traitor puppet of Al Qaeda, and an illegal alien. This one is not only Racist, but insane and really stupid.

The question is "What has happened to my Country, and what has to happen for it to get back on track" Not Obama took away my country and I want it back. We have screwed ourselves by allowing extreme Christians, and Conservatives to completely destroy everything we stand for.

You know why I'm so effin sure? because I'm White with a brain, not White with fear of Blacks or Mexicans, or Muslims, and not feeling sorry for myself.
What I'm sick of, is White people using the race card to shut down a legitimate claim of racism. White supremacy? just saying that makes "you" inferior and a liar. Supremacy of what? Ignorance maybe? You ruin being white for everybody else.

No I'm not a bleeding heart liberal, I have never voted Democrat, or Republican. I'm a nasty short tempered grump ready to bite somebody's face off.

But I know enough to realize people are all the same under God, and if not God, then the Constitution, and that's enough for me.

Racism is not uncommon, and while I despise racism, it's important for me to call a spade a spade. So I will defend a person who is called a racist, just as fast as I will attack a person that is a racist according to my personal considered decision as to what is transpiring that I am somehow involved with.

I can't read minds, thus I will make mistakes, when I do, I will apologize accordingly.

However, I have seen the use of the blanket "I'm tired of Black People pulling the Race card" used way too often as a means to negate the fact that it "racism" exists and is a problem. It's always been a problem. Probably always will be a problem.

Do Blacks and Minorities unfairly pull the race card? Undoubtedly. But usually the context is self evident. Is racism practiced against other races? Yes every race, by every other race. Is it any different? No I despise it just as much.

That said.
My purpose here is not to call people racists. But if just my stating this is considered as a personal accusation of racism to someone, then that someone may not be a racist, but will be treated as one by me.

The Texan Video, yes racist. To invoke Michelle Obama in that context, how dare you? She is the First Lady of the U.S.A., show some self respect.

I would never have said something like that about Laura Bush, as much as Bush raped this country and stripped it's freedoms, trampling on the Constitution every day for 8 years. I despise Bush, Dick big mouth, all those criminals. But to attack their wives is an act of Cowardice. You know it. You're in a heated argument, somebody smears your wife. What would you do? Be understanding? No you smack the fool on the mouth so the next time, he leaves your wife out of it.

I used to think Texas was special, now I think of Texas as a Traitor State with deluded illusions of grandeur. I wish it would secede, Mexico would own it's butt in a week.

Bottom line.
Obama is a Centrist, the most intelligent President we have had since?? I can't imagine a more intelligent one. Sucks right, the brightest light we ever had is a Black one.

No. Be proud America, you proved that Americans are not all a-holes, and America is a great Nation.

Be careful America, you can undo whatever good will you have lately from the global community. That is exclusively a gift from Barack Hussein Obama.

We are not eating shoes right now due to his work on the economy.

But no, no way that so and so deserves anything.

Go ahead cheer the US not getting the Olympics. Sure don't applaud your President getting the Nobel Peace Prize. Don't recognize that he has done more in a year than any other President, and has had more opposition, obstructionism, and death threats than any other.

He also got the country in shambles, near death, and we survived. Did he do it alone. NO. Do "you" owe him his chance? Yeah you do, and me, and people like me are going to shove it down your throats one way or the other.

Could McCain and Palin have done any of it? Hell we would just have gone down the tubes in 6 months if that long. Face it, he's the best we have, and if another country could get him, they'd crawl to have a real President like Obama.

But keep it up Bubba, keep whining and crying foul. You're brainless cowards with a death wish.

Do it, Revolt. See what sane Americans do.

Ziggy

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow, you should write some of his speeches. I would relax awhile if I was you..........hmmm most intelligent, we wouldn't know since his college records are sealed.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Dude you are completely out of your mind. Dissenting with my government does not make me a racist and it sure as # doesn't make me a terrorist. I think you need to take a cold hard look in the mirror to see who the real irrational and hateful person is.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield

Dude you are completely out of your mind. Dissenting with my government does not make me a racist and it sure as # doesn't make me a terrorist. I think you need to take a cold hard look in the mirror to see who the real irrational and hateful person is.

How you got that from what I posted is incomprehensible. Dissenters are fine, people that use dissent as an excuse to be racist, are just that.

Show me where I say a dissenter is a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Jeeeeez man... the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS was sarcasm, guess it just doesn't come across on the computer that well. Since you would like to be so literal about the cost in your eagerness to defend his asshattedness, let's look at a few things, mmmmk?

First, your article from Hannity was a guesstimate - at best. After being hounded by the media, the WH finally released their "early estimate" (Their words, not mine!) at $73,000 for the "Date". Now, didn't that same WH also say that thier little photo-op joyride of AF1 passed the Statue of Liberty cost $250,000? BUT, then had to correct itself later when it was revealed to cost over $325,000 for just the 3 hour mission? Read bout it here!

Hmmmmm... I'm not the best at math or anything, but it would seem to me that if only 1 plane costs that much, how much would it be for 2 more, plus Marine 1 and staff for the Obamas, secret service etc... Also, what is the cost of flying all of the vehicles there? How about feeding and housing the entire staff?

The point is that I am certain the price did, in fact, exceed a million dollars, if not even a couple of million. At any rate, a completely irresponsible and exceptionally poor choice for a President whose country is suffering its second worse financial downturn in the history of the country. Can you at least agree on that?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, you should write some of his speeches. I would relax awhile if I was you..........hmmm most intelligent, we wouldn't know since his college records are sealed.

Certain things can incite people to anger. It was over the top but true.

Since I can't prove the IQ, or any other quotient related to his intellect, let's say it's my opinion. Anecdotal evidence does tend to side with my opinion.

Harvard Law Review.

Constitutional Scholar.

Was elected against overwhelming odds.

Ran the most brilliant campaign in History. (Guilty, opinion again)

Managed all of this being Black and named Barack Hussein Obama.

Not proof but....You have to admit it's not a profile of your average President in the brain dept.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Let's face it, the race card was always on the, er, cards. Seems like it is working just swell.

Have you seen this? I personally don't like any politician, but this is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

His campaign wasn't that brilliant in my opinion. Lots of money, no real opposition, Acorn, the black vote, and the race card. Lets not forget the MSM fawning all over him. Nope he was gonna win regaurdless......btw in my opinion the name helped, again another target that couldn't be touched.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have to say, from where I am anyways, it didn't start off as racism.

Just about every old folk I know (whites) voted for him. Not to mention a lot of people my age and race (40's and white).

BUT, now they see what he and his cronies are up to, they feel (realize) they were duped by Obama words of Hope and Change-the promise of better health care etc.

Now it is: That F-----g N----r, I can't believe I fell for his B.S. Then, is is racism or just anger? (no answer required there)

I am beginning to think Obama could be the ultimate tool to bring down the Democratic party. You can see it now that the country has lost faith in him (as well as most of the world leaders) and it is starting to reach over to the main party itself.

You can even see Hiliary Clinton posturing herself for 2012 from her interviews and speeches while at the Dept of State: [We do everything right here, it is the other part of the Administration which is in doubt].

Personally, I can't wait until 2010 and 2012. Go Palinism!!!!

[NOTE: Palinism in not about S. P. herself but who she is. Everyday person type who decided they had enough of whatever it is and decides to run for office to make a change etc. I would love to see every incumbent (Rep or Dem) booted out and replaced by people like US-everyday citizens. Go ahead, rip away at what I wrote]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join