It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS 2010" Project: The Creative Look & Feel of ATS.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
The following I think would be kind of neat for the Media portal
www.silenzio.fr...#/en/movies/grid
[edit on 1/4/2010 by JohnnyAnonymous]

Wow! Dude, thanks for that link. That site is really cool and I would love to see something like that as the Media Portal!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hm. After seriously considering your proposal, I have reached the following conclusions:

I can move and groove among these pages.

It's beautiful. It looks better than anything anyone else has suggested.

If something's not broken, don't fix it.

I, ladyinwaiting, a valued member of ATS, am resistent to this change.

Sorry Springer, sorry S.O. All decisions concerning this matter are final.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
OK, to bump a long dormant thread -- I feel that the feature bloat on ATS is starting to get ridiculous.

There are two "sidebars" running down the side of my screen that I never use. They overlap the words and make it hard to read every single post unless I shrink the letters down to an uncomfortably small size. When I stand back and look at all the buttons and links on any given page, it's like looking at the cockpit of a 747. How many times do we have to have the same links repeated on a single page?!?

I have borne it relatively silently thus far, but the "click to listen live" button and bar along the bottom of the screen is pushing me close to an umpleasant tipping point. Simply trying to post, I keep running into it, clicking it by mistake...help! I can't read or write, the links I never use are getting in the way. Just to see what I'm writing now without cliking the "live" button, I've had to scroll up twice as much as before,

Not to mention the slow speed which all thus stuff loads at...

I'm sorry, guys, I know a lot of thought and effort has gone into the changes of 2010, but please consider usability. The Apple iPod got to be huge by stripping away redundant features, not adding them. I wouldn't be surprised if all the inconvenience is causing people to stay away from ATS. Personally, I have been visiting less because of the inconvenience of simply loading and checking the screen, to say nothing of posting. One's man's view. I know probably nothing will be done, but I implore you: Please streamline ATS! Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Aha! As of this writing, I notice the terrible sidebars are gone and the "ribbon" is an option rather than a force-fed feature. This is much better! Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I actually liked the side bars and used them liberally, however, I like the ribbon too. Very nice.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 5-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join