It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea why TPTB want you to stop smoking?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
OP, you beat me. I was just thinking of opening a thread about smoking because I have some "wild" speculations.

I've been studying these "Giant" and Nephilim issues and I can't remember were I read it but somewhere was mentioned that these giants can't stand smoke. So if the Nephilim would return and start harvesting humans, they/it would leave smokers probably untouched.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
back in the days when hitler banned it , it was because he wanted to have "sparks" that could trigger riots that would lead to use of ss/sa nothing else.

just an excuse

this resent smoking "prohibition" is realy a mind boggle cause in eu it was marketed as "must stop indoor smoking cause it harms the cafee/restaurant/pub workers" which is just a load of hypocrisy , if it realy was about health issues then the workers would wear hazmat suits and work behind armoured glass , but yes, as mind boggling as it sounds it was not about the customers health it was about the work enviroment and the workers, whats even wierder is that instead of putting up smoke free venues they attacked the establishment already in buisness , i mean its not like anyones forcing you to go to a place where they smoke, and if the case is that you are forced to go to such a place then the question begs to be asked , by whom are you being forced by and why.
but concidering how absurd this whole debate is allready i think it mostly boils down to miss use of power and EU double moral.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Smoking wasn't banned, there was however a campaign against it. I have a genuine (occupied-) Dutch 1944 cigar-box on my table in which I keep my smoking goods. I also recently read a replica of the local farmers almanac from 1942 with lots of adds for cigarettes and cigars. Hell, it even contained Coca Cola adds.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
TPTB don't care if you smoke or not, they don't care about the money side of things, they don't care about you at all.
They control the people who control the goverments.
Goverments are there to do the work for TPTB and that is getting us compliant, goverments do not work unless they have people following them, in order to keep people happy they have to do some things to keep us happy.

Smoking/ drinking or gambling, it doesn't matter what it is, TPTB don't care if you do it or not, they will get goverments to change little rules to make things easy to get which help break up family structure as well as making anything we do unsociable.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

It costs countries to have their workforce die early, and even more so if the same countries have to pay for health care.

Not everything is a conspiracy. It's basic logic.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Adolph Hitler was a big anti-smoking NAZI. Why they want to emmulate this guy is beyond me?

constitutionalistnc.tripod.com...

Wow this information is incredible.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me Carseller it was really a wild read. The wildest part is, I see the connections as well.

Scary isn't it?

I think you guys need to check out his link, its amazing.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

There is no evidence for any of that, btw. If you can find some, then fantastic - bring it back here and we can discuss it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The answer is easy.

Smoking is the one social habit that can, does, and will continue to kill people with second hand smoke.
This means the children and the grandchildren of TPTB.
It's a reversal if you will; The ones who want to reduce the population need to do it in ways that don't destroy their own seed, so in this case they have to "protect" the population.
After all they have to share the planet with all of us at least for a while.
At least until they go underground without us

or worse, leave the planet without us while we are still down here debating whether or not the US went to moon in 69

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've wondered about this stuff too...
and I think its 50/50, so they only
show you helpful side... not what
the drug will really do to you.
Sodium Floride, take two
rat poison pills and call me in
the morning... toxicity levels
and most of the drugs are toxic
to humans... at the same time
we say Rat Poison is bad for you.

getting to cigarettes, why do they manipulate nicotine levels
*answer: so the product is uniform. ok, the levels are high
so you stay hooked. nicotine is more addictive than heroin.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They don't want you to quit. This is why there are messages against this and that and then contradicting messages later on. They have to put on a good face on one end and then screw you with the other.

It's the same thing that goes on with the Democrats and Republicans. The easiest way to get a people to go against something is to divide them on an issue.

Another way is to tell them that they shouldn't or can't have it.

So don't buy into them trying to 'stop' anyone from smoking.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I believe that smokers get sick and die when they quit, smokers who smoke less but continue to smoke will live as long as anyone else, perhaps that why they want people to quit, so they die.

I'll try and find a study to back up my claims haha

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

My two pack a day smoking mother in law believes exactly what you stated. She is 65 and is afraid to quit.

The PTB also want us to quit because warm pink lungs taste better to Aliens than withered and bittered old black lungs

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Money.

The consequences of smoking are too expensive. Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Money.

The consequences of smoking are too expensive. Plain and simple.

Damn. Another good reason. Quit now or forever hold your peace. With the govt about to manage healthcare, they want to save as much dough as possible. They will reserve the right to decline coverage to smokers. This is probably one of those back room stipulations being discussed by Pelosi and Reid in the Capital Hot Tub as we speak.

Watch out chubbies because you will be next on the chopping block. If you don't have the same body structure as Pelosi and Reid, you will be denied as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It might also be connected to organ harvesting. I'm sure TPTB would like to have plenty of fresh and healthy organs to sell or to replace their own if they ever need it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's always seemed like a paradox to me that on one hand the government tells people that they all need to quit smoking, but on the other hand they are also big supporters of tobacco growers and the tobacco industry.

I work in the medical field and one thing that I have always found curious is that it seems people often tend to get sick or develop serious medical problems just shortly after they have quit smoking. I've never seen any studies or research on this though, so maybe I just tend to see it more than others because of the type of work that I do.

And one more thing to consider is that by the government urging everyone to quit smoking, it also tends to help line the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies. I remember reading a statement by one researcher a while ago who said that, since most people can't quit cold turkey, the best way to quit is by the use of pharmacotherapy (nicotine patches, gum, and their new "stop smoking pills").

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If TPTB really want you to stop smoking...

Its because they want to free up money used in healthcare, and the purchase of cigarettes themselves so you can unknowingly use it for other things like wars and planting explosives in buildings and flying planes into them.

I don't think this is the case though; cigarettes are harmful to your body. This has been proven time and time again by many respectable scientists and doctors, and it would be simply ridiculous to go against what the health professionals say.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Real interesting question...and like others one I've wondered about also.

Kinda thought that maybe - just maybe - one possible intention may be chaos tends to bring control.

How does encouraging people to live longer create any chaos? OVERpopulation.

You stick X-amount of people into X-amount of space and sooner or later someone or something is gonna snap. Critical mass.

Be it the social or utility infrastructure such as water, power, sewage etc that becomes over burdened to the point of water shortages or power-grid overloadings etc.
Its not uncommon around the world within larger cities for the populace to be outstretching the infracture growth required to accomodate the bulging numbers of inhabitants.

X-amount of people also via-ing for X-amount of foodstuffs and other resources may well increase prices due to increased demand and correlating comparative per-capita supplies.

Higher prices = more stress.
More stress = shorter fuses, which may also somewhat decrease that required 'critical mass' before someone or something snaps.

Higher prices = increase employment demands.
In order to simply afford what you had previously you're going to need to decrease spending on supposed *luxuries* or more likely seeking increased employment and/or income.

Those extra hours you may need to work in order to afford that extra loaf of bread or whatever is that many fewer hours you have with your family, that many few hours you have to focus yourself on anything other than the increased workload - that may MORE hours you may find yourself stressed, pressured, hating your job, loathing the prices, cursing the shopkeeper, envying the more 'well off' person in your neighbourhood, losing your cool with your kids, tired and not resting properly due to less hours available to rest coupled with the increase in stress creating unrest...

...the other thing about working and stressing those extra hours is that your focus may become tunnel-visioned. Focussed more towards the next paycheck, the next bill payment, the next grocery shop, the next pair of shoes your kid needs, or birthday, or Christmas, or car repair...your focus may well simply reduce itself down to the immediate demands you and your loved ones are facing.

There are many already like this in many countries, and in many of our own neighbourhoods. Some/many here may already be there.

When ones worries are reduced down to the basic necessities of life, then well, how much time/energy/mind would you give to other worries or concerns??
Its a WHOLE lot easier to sneak something past someone when they are distracted or focussed elsewhere...or simply no longer give a damn as they can't afford to give one, they are far too busy just trying to live from hand to mouth.

Think of it.

An overpopulated community all stressed and bristling, struggling to keep calm within themselves let alone their families and neighbours.
Struggling to feed themselves, competeing for basic supplies, experiencing deteriorating supply of Utilities.
Overworked, under-rested, pushed right to the edge and lacking any energy or motivation to be concerned about what any supposed PTB may be passing behind their backs.

It'd be like shooting fish in a barrel.

The thing is, as is one of the unfortunate things about humanity, it can be the fish within the barrel that end up shooting the other fish when that *critical mass* is finally reached...

...perhaps thats one possible intention...to push it all, ramp it all, drive it all to that breaking point. To give it a nudge, topple it over, make it snap, bring the chaos.

...out of chaos also tends to come a desperate willingness to accept almost ANYTHING if it meant the chaos stopped...if it meant we could eat...

Lets say that happened.
I doubt TPTB will need to strongarm anyone to follow 'them' or anything like that...many, out of sheer desparation for themselves and their loved ones, will line up and beg 'them' to bring salvation.
In whatever form that *salvation* may take.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Stress and overpopulation is an extremely interesting subject and one worthy of investigating and thinking about.

I think it was first popularized by John Calhoun back in the early 60s with his now famous rat experiments. Among some of the more interesting findings, as the population increased and space was less available:

• Violence and aggression within the population increased
  • Breakdown in maternal behavior, mothers began neglecting and stopped caring for their young and even began attacking and eating them
  • Sexual deviance within the population increased, first becoming hypersexual, then bisexual, then homosexual, and finally asexual
  • And one of the most interesting findings of all was that even when the population density decreased and more space became available again, the community never recovered. They had lost the ability to co-exist harmoniously and the change was permanent

Definitely something to think about.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapient

• And one of the most interesting findings of all was that even when the population density decreased and more space became available again, the community never recovered. They had lost the ability to co-exist harmoniously and the change was permanent

• ...and right there any PTB would have a walk over...

...those remaining simply wouldn't give two hoots about anything or anyone anymore...

Scary thought.

Thanks for that reference.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join