It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea why TPTB want you to stop smoking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
because they cost a lot of money in lost productivity.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm a rabid smoker. I won't deny it.

I suspect this whole campaign is being pushed forward by rabid ex-smokers - those who have managed to quit but still "get the urge" everytime they see someone else lighting up.

It's nerve-wracking, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Perhaps TPTB listened to people that didn't want to breathe 2nd hand smoke or smell the stink on smokers or see butts on the sidewalk and on the streets or perhaps not expose their kids to someone smoking and endanger their health.

Quiting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did but well worth the effort.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If the government was serious about cutting tobacco use,they would stop subsidizing tobacco growers.

The government supports tobacco growing in one department (Dept. of Agriculture) and another one educates us of how bad it is.

It is all a money wasting scheme.

To save money on Medicare expenditures.

There are only 44 million medicare eligible recipients.

They investigated over 60 BILLION dollars in Medicare fraud.

I don't think they care about saving money.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by zatara

Because the TPTB as you imagine it does not exist.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
What I do not understand is why TPTB want every smoker to stop... Wouldn't it a big help for them if evrybody just kept on smoking? It will bring in a lot of taxes and many people will die an early age. Still they do everything in their power to convince people to stop. Why?

Easy. Insurance Companies.

The ultimate objective of any insurance company is to collect as much money in premiums as possible without paying out on claims. It's a game called "Bend Over and Let Me Ream Out Your Turd Tunnel and MAYBE I'll Give You A Kiss"... It's the game you play every time you pay your insurance premium.

They take your money, and you'll never see it again as long as you remain healthy, right? And even if you do file a claim, they just stab it in a little deeper and make you beg for your kiss. Which sometimes never comes.

Now, in order to stack the deck in favor of the insurance companies, they go to great lengths to lobby the whores in the U.S. Congress on a variety of issues and laws invented to "protect" you. For example, statistics show that if you drive a few miles-per-hour slower, not nearly so many people are killed or maimed in traffic accidents.

This is GOOD for the insurance companies, yes? Yes, of course it is. They don't give a damn if it saves your wife or kids from being pulverized by a semi-truck, they just care about not paying off on insurance claims. Fewer deaths and injuries mean fewer claims...meanwhile, they keep reaming out your butthole on a monthly basis.

Same thing applies to smokers and the insurance companies that reluctantly cover them. Smokers suffer slightly more health problems than non-smokers, and they file more insurance claims for medical care.

Insurance companies hate that. They do not want to pay health and life insurance claims for those goddamned smokers. Who the hell do those smoking bastards think they are? Anyway?

Let's quietly forget that only 15% of cigarette smokers die of smoking-related diseases. That's according to the U.S. Census. Yep, 85% of smokers do not die of emphysema or lung cancer or heart disease or anything else related to smoking. Only 15% of smokers die from smoke-related illness.

But, man, the insurance companies hate that 15% like poison. Because those smokers file more insurance claims, and they want those smokers to stop that! They want them to stop filing claims and just take it up the ass on a monthly basis, like the rest of the good little idiots out there who mindlessly pay to be sodomized by Big Insurance.

It is CHEAPER for the insurance companies to stage bogus "exposés" on the tobacco industry and invent bogus "truth" organizations to perform like gay mimes on city sidewalks than it is to pay insurance claims for smokers.

So, these filthy, dripping sodomites known as insurance companies PAY the filthy, dripping whores in Congress and the gay sidewalk mimes to stage their anti-smoking crusades like burned-out vaudeville routines for the willing butt-meat known as the American populace.

Oh, and that Healthcare Reform travesty really came to the rescue, didn't it?

Spread those cheeks a little wider, America.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I may have mentioned this fact. I read that smoking is good for you if you mine radium. I have had other thoughts as to smoking being beneficial, such as when grinding metals and other filthy occupations. I could build a battleship with the amount of metal laden snot that's come from my nose each day after work.

The fluorine link is another good cause for tptb to clamp down on it. They get to claim they are acting on our behalf, towards our well being etc..., then tax us, and exert control. Remember: cohen's narus machine is listening to us all, because we allowed them to. As such, they can orchestrate how well their quest for world domination is coming along. Simply by consulting a machine, the whole world is a veritable poll for them. Oprah says she'll never eat meat again...and the stores relay how much canned tuna who is buying. You may not agree, but the aidshoax™ was the major accelerant in the bottled water craze. All this watching is done in secret of course.... It will be worse come the next 'election'. More 'change' we can't conceive of. Why? Because we cannot believe what toys they have, so how can we conceive of the evil that they will do with them?

Time for a smoke....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Two reasons come to my mind.

Either nicotine in our blood and tissues makes us extremely unpalatable or even poisonous to our hidden master’s taste buds or the nicotine counteracts a poison that is in our food or our drinks and degrades the effectiveness of mind influencing or other social indoctrination technologies/drugs.

As someone has already posted a link in this thread, Nicotine does actually seem to counteract the effects of fluoride which seems to do terrible things to the teeth (ironic) and fluoride also calcifies the pineal gland.

The last thing I would assume would be that my government would want me to stop smoking because they are worried about my health and they do not want me to die.

Remember a little fact... They have soldiers in far off lands fighting for their whims and aims. If government cannot muster the will to come up with a real reason and a real strategy to wage a war “for our freedoms” while these government serving men and woman die every day then you would have to be naive in the extreme to think that government loves you or I the random population Joe/Jane on the street, puffing away on a cigarette.

Government are contemptuous of us, they want us looking away from them, and they do not care if you die or even if you live – pawns, resources and a meal ticket is our reason for existence and is the true nature of the regard they hold for us.

There has to be another reason they want you to stop smoking!
“The government cares about you,” is the last possibility in my mind!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
It's a game called "Bend Over and Let Me Ream Out Your Turd Tunnel and MAYBE I'll Give You A Kiss"... It's the game you play every time you pay your insurance premium.

Ha,ha,ha.....didn't hear that one before.....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

because people taste better when they're not full of poisons?

if they wanted you to stop smoking they'd make smoking illegal like marijuana.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I remember this guy - We called him the smoke Nazi - We'd go down from my 40th floor office in Chicago to have a smoke, and this fool would show up every once in a while to tell us that we shouldn't be smoking there on the sidewalk.

I usually just flicked my cigarette at him and told him to go blank himself.

One day, I guess I was just having one of those frustrating days, I just went ahead and punched him in the face instead of saying anything. I hate violence but I really hate arguing or being badgered by strangers more. Somehow I didn't get ratted out and arrested for that but he definitely never came around to complain any more about it, at least not to us.

I kind of think that TPTB don't like that kind of attitude?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by zatara

because people taste better when they're not full of poisons?

if they wanted you to stop smoking they'd make smoking illegal like marijuana.

Yeah.....you're joking....I just read an other thread where children are prefered on the menu because they are not contaminated with the poisons adults have in their bodies. But I assume you knew this already....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

www.abovetopsecret.com... There could be a number of reasons... this could be one.

Doomsday 2029, Is there ever a time when you are not right?

Thanks for bringing that thread to my attention!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
MAybe because TPTB earn their money from having a bunch of little people to leech upon.

I believe there is a PTB - but I do not buy the objective everyone assigns.

I think they need people to make the bucks, think about it people

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'd just like to mention something that immediately came to mind when thinking about how the government seems to be encouraging people not to smoke in light of the health risks involved. The commercials I used to see (haven't had television for about six months now) that tried to get the "truth" out about smoking and all the horrible things it causes, are strikingly similar to PSA commercials "educating" the public on the truth about drugs. They use images to convey that smoking pot harms not only yourself, but all those you love. They put up an act of trying to help and protect you while their pockets are getting fatter and fatter as a direct result from the money generated by the 'war on drugs.' Of course they're going to make people who use drugs seem like they're harming those around them - all the easier it is to rape the common man of all his freedoms and money.

For example, you hear a story about a man being pulled over while driving his car while he did not break a single traffic law. The result ends with the man going to jail and having to pay huge amounts of money to the government over a long period of time, along with the loss of many of his freedoms. This seems insanely unconstitutional - that is, until you hear this man was a drug dealer. Suddenly .. maybe it's not such a big deal that this guy's life was drastically changed and made extremely difficult without having caused any violence or harm to his neighbors anymore.

I can't definitively give an explanation for exactly why the government is lobbying against cigarette smoking. However, I can point out how the government continuously broadcasts propaganda to the mass public in order to influence certain opinions of our fellow man without ever having had a conversation with him.

As seen with Global Warming, the government does attempt to create a just and caring front to support the decisions it makes that affect its citizens. Just wanted to put that out there.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Not everyone lives in a country where access to healthcare is run by insurance companies..

I just think, wow, could it be that the claim that everyone is out to harm us is - a conspiracy theory?
Let's face it, governments could do ANYTHING and the more paranoid out there will see it as example of malevolent intentions.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
And yet, somehow, the MSM doesn't mention that their little darling Obama is a smoker.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Do not understand me wrong, I wish every smoker the strength and succes with stop smoking.

What I do not understand is why TPTB want every smoker to stop. There are these conspiracies about spreading decease in one way or an other by the power elite with the intension to kill everybody but themselves?

Wouldn't it a big help for them if evrybody just kept on smoking? It will bring in a lot of taxes and many people will die an early age. Still they do everything in their power to convince people to stop. Why?

1st...where do you see TPTB are trying to get anyone to stop?? where's your evidence??

2nd...I"ll believe your question when they outlaw cigaretts!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It costs health insurance and medicare/medicaid too much money to treat the illnesses caused by smoking.

Solution: Try their damndest to make people quit, then pocket the money saved.

It's all about money.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think it also part of the War on Drugs as the preferred method to use most illegal drugs is through smoking - just like the legal drug contained in cigarettes. Thus if smoking tobacco became illegal, people who smoked other substances would have hide it more and access to smoking paraphernalia as well as lighters would be limited. Tobacco masks illegal drug use and police would like nothing better than to include tobacco on the contraband list so their job would be easier. Next thing you know you'd have to prove you were going to a barbecue or camping to carry a lighter.

Though I do agree that they are too addicted to the tax revenue to be serious about stopping smoking completely. They have done a pretty good job at eliminating smoking in public places.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join