It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry but if Global Warming is real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If Global Warming is real is Texas supposed to transform into an dry, frigid desert?

I live in Fort Worth, a few miles west of Dallas and I can't remember a winter this damn cold, and later this week the highs will be in the mid 20's with lows in the teens to single digits

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe if you picked up a science book you would understand that rising global temperatures vastly changes the over all climate of our world.

The "Global Warming" moniker really was a poor choice in phrasing what is going on, hence Climate Change.

That is why your beloved Ft. Worth is seeing cooler temperatures when it should not.

Summers are getting longer and hotter while winters are shorter and more severe.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Maybe if you picked up a science book you would understand that rising global temperatures vastly changes the over all climate of our world.

The "Global Warming" moniker really was a poor choice in phrasing what is going on, hence Climate Change.

That is why your beloved Ft. Worth is seeing cooler temperatures when it should not.

Summers are getting longer and hotter while winters are shorter and more severe.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by AllexxisF1]

I prefer the name Climate Change myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Yeah it's a good thing we put all that CO2 in the atmosphere or we may have gotten the new ICE AGE scientists said we were going to get back in the 70's.

Who knows maybe we saved the world already...lol.

I live in Michigan. It's cold. It's been cold for weeks. It's cold every year. Climate will always change or not change. It wouldn't matter if their wasn't a single human left on this earth...the climate would change.

The real definition of "climate change" should be weather. CHANGING WEATHER. It happens. Forecasters make predictions....which are wrong ALL THE TIME. It's going to snow...it's going to rain...it's gonna be cold. They can't get the weather right in 3 days time...how could anyone think they'll get the next 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 100 years right?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I live a bit south of you, and although I do not believe global warming is manmade, you must have gone through a similar summer as I did. In San Antonio we set records for most 100 degree days. I have lived here all my life and honestly cannot remember a hotter summer.

My point is, the arguement that it is very cold here right now is moot since the previous summer was horrendously hot.

-E-

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's not global warming it's climate change. They had to change the name after people started waking up.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1

In london we had 1 week of summer for last 2 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

"The "Global Warming" moniker really was a poor choice in phrasing what is going on, hence Climate Change."

With all respect more and more people are waking up to the BS being thrown around regarding global warming, that's the reason I believe "climate change" is more commenly used these days.

Regards

satellite1

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There was a global warming, but it was not because of CO2 or all that crap. It was simply because of the solar cycles.. The sun is relatively dormant right now, and guess what, the earth is cooling down again.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
SERIOUSLY, IT WAS COLDER TODAY THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY. THERE IS NO WAY GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL.

ALSO THERE IS NO WAY THE EARTH IS ROUND BECAUSE WHEN I LOOK OUTSIDE IT ALL LOOKS FLAT.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Global Warming is real:
We went to Vermont New Years Week...high 4 F
Global Warming is real:
We saw the same snow coming back through Va. we saw going up.
Global warming is supposed to be real:
We left before Vermont got 33" of snow in 2 days.
Global warming was supposed to be real:
In NC we haven't had a day above 35 in a week.
Global warming is real...kinda sorta:
Central NC had its first white Xmas in 40 years.
Global warming might be ...
-32 F Minnesotta, 36 F Florida low-56 F high
Global Cooli...oops, Warming is real , Al Gore said so.
Al Gore landed in a blizzard in Copenhagen and returned to a US where 2/3 of country suffering worst winter in years.
Global...oh, never mind.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If they are using year after year average global temperatures, they are way in the hole for 2010 already. But I'm sure with some clever manipulation and distortion, the junk scientists can overcome this.

I'm in South Louisiana and we are under a hard freeze warning tonight!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
OH GOD GUYS THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE WHAT DO WE DO1/1?!?!?!?ELEVENTEEN

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For those of you who have comcast there is a great free ondemand title called like polar something cant remember.

This quote sums up this thread well for me though.

dsc.discovery.com...

"Global warming is a term that's extremely useful when you're running a planet," says John Cox, author of the book Climate Crash. "But it's regional change that affects people. It's the wet and cold and hot and dry."

new topics

top topics

join