It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freezing weather grips Europe, North America and Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
link thingy to article about global temperatures

so, at what point could we consider "global"? I have heard people mention that localized cooling does not equal "Global" cooling. And I would have to agree. But in light of the current situation, there are a few other countries around the world dealing with the current weather scenario. Would this not be considered a "global" event? therefore making it "global cooling"?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is it unusual for it to snow in India?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
well here in the southwest were chilly... 43 right now in Albuquerque... but 900 miles north east of me at the little farm we have in Kansas it was -8 yesterday....this cold snap seems kind of hit and miss

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also being discussed here...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In quebec province, kinda normal winter here. a couple minor snow storms, some freezing rain, blowing snow... its called winter. Pretty normal. was more snow when i was young, but there is more buildings and roads now, so that probably heats things up a degree or so, therefore reducing snow accumulation.
Im no scientist, but i dont buy into "Global Warming", or whatever its been called these days. Was going through national geographic collection over the holidays, and in late 70s early 80s there are a couple articles on climate change and related material. obviously we have done nothing in the last 30 years, so it must not be that important.

FEAR THE WEATHER do what your told TERRORIST EARTH, trying to kill us in our homes.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
it's chilly here. A bit lower than normal. But as was said, it's winter. I just thought that I would get a lot more golf in since it was supposed to be heating up. Now they are talking about snow on Friday. The entire south will be shut down if we get more than .5 inches. (we don't own snow shovels)

Oh yea, Al Gore is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
its actually been unusually warm in Alaska

it was odd seeing snow in Texas while it rained here.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's going to get real chilly in Albq day after tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
As I understand it, this cooling is the result of our meandering jetstream coiling about and driving dry arctic air down across the Northern Hemisphere.

I'm rather enjoying it. My Indian bloodline, no doubt.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

join