It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

misleading hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
keep in mind i am agnostics

i been reading islam and talking to a few muslims for these past few weeks. what i have learn is that islam, like christianity, is a good religion. they strife to aim for peace and equilibrium for all citizen on earth. the real muslims that i spoke to and read online DO NOT support the jihad or any violent conflicts. they taught us that what jihad really is is the struggle in the heart. the jihad is a fight that we all have to fight for our greater existence. they say that jihad use by the terroists were very wrong and misleading to their people. a holy struggle through arms is the very very last resort when all else fails. armed jihad is only nessceary when it's an absolute fight for the survival of the race.

it just makes me so angry that so many american assume that a muslim is a terriosts. they always fail to see the beauty, freedom and peace within islam.

correct me if i am wrong...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
2009, its good to see someone is seeing the truth behind the issue. I grew up islamic (like you i am now agnostic), and i understand the religion very well. It annoys me when people discriminate against islam coz it hurts me to see many of my relatives viewed in this light.

People assume Sharia laws are put in place from the Quran, they are not. They are put in place by governments and their mis-intepretation of the holy book (like many christian sect mis-intepret the bible). Hopefully this war on terror doesnt turn into a religious war, coz looking at it i think its going that way.

Your right 100% on the true meaning of the religion. What many people dont realise is that islam, christianity, and judaism all follow the same basic teachings (the 10 commandments) and also follow the same god. Its just a slightly different way of practising the religion. The true islamic teachings teach respect for all people of the book, the book being any book which acknowedges one god, and teaches the 10 commandments. Its just the radicals and events in the mid-east region that have caused many muslims to view 'jihad' as a war against other religions. and the ignorance of many westerners doesnt help much either... now just wait for the bigots to come flocking and preach their hatred

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
this war has already turn into a religious war, people view americans as christian and ALL arabs as muslims...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009

You are perfectly correct. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are peaceful religions. the problem occurs when we have fanatics using the religions to cause strife and discord. I have no problems with people following any of those religions. What I do have problems with are Muslim fanatics (such as Osama bin Laden). Jewish fanatics (Such as Ariel Sharon) and Christian fanatics (Such as George W Bush) dragging us into a war that none of the decent Christians, Jews and Muslims want.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I agree, the problem is these fanantics are the ones with power and the ability to cause conflict. I for one will not fight a war that i feel is not justified. I did want to be a soldier once, but unfortunately i realised that war is rarely justified, sometimes it is needed to protect the innocent or weak, but when it is used as an agressive tool and a way to push ones faith or to gain wealth, thats when it is unjustified.

Unfortunately the negative feelings towards islam is evident all over the western world, even here in australia people are bias against muslims and it saddens me to see such a rich and productive religion to be viewed in such negativity.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I really don't think too many people believe that Islam is a violent religion.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by synn
I really don't think too many people believe that Islam is a violent religion.

If you read alot of the posts on here and hear alot of people's views, you'll see that many people see islam and terrorism as one and the same. Keep you eyes on the Mud Pit, or even check some of the previous posts coz you can definately see alot of bigotry happening

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I agree, the problem is these fanantics are the ones with power and the ability to cause conflict. I for one will not fight a war that i feel is not justified. I did want to be a soldier once, but unfortunately i realised that war is rarely justified, sometimes it is needed to protect the innocent or weak, but when it is used as an agressive tool and a way to push ones faith or to gain wealth, thats when it is unjustified.

I tried to join the RAF when I was 16 - I passed the exams etc but screwed up the interview. I was told to return when I was 18 to try again. Fortunately at that age I had a decent job in Computer ops and declined the offer. Now I know that our military are not purely for defence, I am relieved that I never ended up working for them.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I was going to join the ADF Reserves when i turned 17, but someone advised me at a careers day that if i did drugs i wouldn't be accepted... people told me pot would ruin mt life. It hasnt to date, and it also prevented me from making one of the stupidest decisions i could've. I ended up applying anyway and passed all the tests, but got cold feet for the drug test and didnt show coz i was afraid i would be arrested or something.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Pisky says,
"What I do have problems with are Muslim fanatics (such as Osama bin Laden). Jewish fanatics (Such as Ariel Sharon) and Christian fanatics (Such as George W Bush) dragging us into a war that none of the decent Christians, Jews and Muslims want."

This might be the perception some have, which seems to me, lumps religious ideology all over the people you just listed, and goes directly against what it is that you are asking for, which is to be objective when looking at the various religions.

Objectivly id say that Ariel Sharon's motivation was to not be exterminated, as is the stated cause of local fundamentalist muslims....this has far less to do with pushing judiasm and more about survival.

Bush is definatly a christian, but again, spreading christianity is not and has never been a goal in the war efforts. Removal of a known brutal dictator and efforting a regional strategy of taking the fight to the radicals is more on track with motivations there. (i know oil, revenge for his daddy...ect are all hypothetical reasons too, im going with stated policy)

Also dont assume that some muslim, jewish or christians dont want this war, or that if they do support it, they arent decent.....

What a slick slope this whole thread is on so far. wheee! slip and slide is fun.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
(i know oil, revenge for his daddy...ect are all hypothetical reasons too, im going with stated policy)

Stated policy from the US "Commander In Chief" is as follows.

1. You are either with us or against us.

2. Iraq harbors terrorists responsible for the attacks of 9/11.

3. There are WMDs in Iraq, deployable within 40 minutes and able to cause major damage to US interests, in known and charted locations in Iraq.

4. Sixteen words in the State Of The Union address about sourcing uranium.

5. Bring it on.

History has already begun to record the rest, and identified the Bush administration as criminals of the worst order.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Bashing Bush is not the point of this thread, I know all of the \"reasons\" and watchdogs on Bush, were talking about people lumping all under a religious theory.....none of which Bush has ever stated as a reason (religion)

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
they say that jihad use by the terroists were very wrong and misleading to their people. a holy struggle through arms is the very very last resort when all else fails. armed jihad is only nessceary when it's an absolute fight for the survival of the race.

it just makes me so angry that so many american assume that a muslim is a terriosts. they always fail to see the beauty, freedom and peace within islam.

I don't know where you live, or even how old you are, but did you ever think that muslims in other parts of the world DO have to struggle to survive and that it might be the last resort?

It's easy to take the high road and be all peace and love when you don't live where people like you are being killed daily, and in good numbers.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
you're right, i have no idea what kind of life they live over there. but at least to my understanding, that it's a blood soaked killing field. i know it's hard to lay down the guns when it's either kill or be killed. but what i am trying to imply is that when there is peace, i am sure that faithfull muslims will lay down the sword and stop killing

new topics

top topics

join