Crazy Weather

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The last 24 hours have been pretty interesting as far as weather phenomona goes...

Soloman Islands rocked by Earthqaukes.. edition.cnn.com...

Tajikistan Quake destroys 1000 homes
www.cnn.com...

It's not just Britain shivering as record snow hits China and South Korea
www.guardian.co.uk...

Avalanches leave four dead in Swiss Alps
edition.cnn.com...

Arctic Blast to Remain All Week
www.wsoctv.com...

Colombian Volcanoe Erupts
www.keyc.com...

Arctic freeze and snow wreak havoc across the planet
www.timesonline.co.uk...

'Once in a decade deluge' hits Australia
news.bbc.co.uk...

Helluva start to the year eh...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No doubt a whole lot of stuff happening

heres some more

12 Quakes 4.8 - 7.2 Rock the Soloman Islands, Destructive tsunami crashes over Islands www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Where I live we got 6 inches of snow when we where only suppose to get 1.

Edit: Don't you hate when you think of one thing and type something else?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
well we've been kind of warm here in Albuquerque 43f right now... if anything, what we have is a lack of moisture rain or snow but we have been struggling with a 15 year long drought out west

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its freezing in the Uk no surprises there really, ice is literally everywhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Relatives across the US keep telling me they can't remember when it has been this cold.

Relatively normal here in San Francisco...so far

Jan. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Cold, windy weather enveloping the US from the northern Plains to the East Coast may continue to break temperature records ...

www.businessweek.com...

Cold Arctic Pressure Pattern Nearly Off Chart New York Times (blog) - Andrew C. Revkin

- A big driver of the outbreaks of record cold and snow in many spots around the Northern Hemisphere is the little blue dot at the lower...

"Michelle L’Heureux, a meteorologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center, told me there’s simply no explanation for what drives such extremes in the Arctic Oscillation, which she described as both a potent driver of northern latitude conditions and one of the least predictable, and understood, patterns in the atmosphere."

dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake shook the Pacific Ocean near the Solomon Islands Tuesday night, one day after a string of earthquakes rattled the same area and another quake hit the Philippines

wow what is up with that...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Snow is a four letter word! We've had snow everyday for a week now. The forecast for the next week....SNOW! The next time we should see the sun is on January 13th. I might call into work due to SUN! I live in upstate NY, so yes, the snow and cold come with it. However, I've already had to pull out my parka winter coat three time because of subzero wind chills. That usually doesn't happen until later on in the season. I'm also shovelling the driveway 2x a day on top of it being plowed just to keep up with the snow. Odd weather even for upstate NY.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspices

i live in upstate ny too, your exactly right. snow for the past week, snow for the next week and unless u live up by oswego smack dab in the snow belt, this is unsual even by our standards...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I personally have never seen it as cold in Ireland, where ice stays around for the whole day! Where I live is near the coast so it usually never freezes for long or snow very rarely sticks. Thing is... last year was one of the mildest winters that I can remember. Thats one hell of a change in a year!

Didn't ice core samples show that in Earths past climate changed drastically in only a couple of seasons? .......

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Michigan is boring 2' of snow and 24F nothing out of the ordanary here. Plow snow 3 hours a day just to get out for work the next

new topics
top topics

join