It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-spy chief says Iran government about to collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts here. I wonder about the timing though. His thoiughts on Israel surprised me as well.

www.bangkokpost.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Give it a month or so, the government will fall.

The Iranian youth are reformists and do not always support the orthodox Islamic rites of the Iranian Republic.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A few things in that article that made me think.
1.Mr Madhi said a motivation for Iran improving international relations was the poor economic situation in the country and the need for it to be part of a globalised world economy.

2. On Israel, he said: ''It is the Iranian government which doesn't recognise its right to exist, but the Iranian people might think differently.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I think this guy is wrong, The Mullahs enjoy alot of support, I read somewhere that millions of Iranians still back the Mullahs, I also read there where even greater amounts of anti-protestors out there protesting against the people who are against the Mullahs. =) I dont think the Russians want a friendly American/Isreal Goverment in Tehran right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I think you may be right. It would not benefit Russia at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Interesting thoughts here. I wonder about the timing though. His thoiughts on Israel surprised me as well.

www.bangkokpost.com...

Something for you to ponder on

Beware Propaganda

With all the stories of continued Iranian unrest, human rights abuses and the complications for Western nuclear diplomacy, beware what seems a notable uptick, too, in very fishy stories of the Chalabi/U.S.-soldiers-will-be-greeted-with-flowers type emerging as well.

For instance, take this piece today in the Bangkok Post by one Maximilian Wechsler, claiming to be an exclusive interview with a former Iran intelligence chief, Mohammad Reza Madhi, who the article says was supposedly Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's right-hand man.

Problem is, there is nothing except this article, being circulated by Iranian monarchist exiles (Reza Pahlavi, the son of the shah, has recently been traveling in Bangkok, the article notes and sources tell POLITICO) to show that Madhi is what he says he is. The article describes Madhi as "Iran's intelligence chief," while there are no other references that could be found to Madhi having any such position besides those generated by the article itself.

And a bit of digging shows that the writer of Sunday's Bangkok Post "exclusive," Wechsler, is himself a former documented Czech-Australian double agent and informant who, after he broke ranks with the Australian intelligence services, landed in Thailand and reportedly worked as an agent provocateur, among other gigs:

According to an intelligence officer, who knew Wechsler at that time and saw him at the Australian Embassy, he was also an agent provocateur. He established a connection with the Ananda Marga sect and was responsible for the arrest in Bangkok in 1978 of Ananda Marga members who were sold explosives by Wechsler. The three Ananda Marga — two Australians and one American — were charged with conspiring to blow up the Indian Embassy.

Wechsler, described as a freelancer by the Bangkok Post, has done several articles but has a history of working for various undercover, nonjournalistic efforts. See this fascinating history of Wechsler by Victoria University professor Phillip Deery, based on records released by Australia's security services and other interviews.

Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Was doing a quick search on the "Spy Chief" and came upon the link.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hahaha you people fall for the funniest propaganda...

You really think the Iranians will welcome American Troops if they came to "help"?

Also, I wanna say thank you to December Rain. You have posted great information and links over the past few weeks (probably longer).

America may be too far gone to wake up, but I applaud you for trying.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Nah, the only real supporters of the regime left are its own guards, its other servants such as the basij, and the families and close friends of these people. Along with the drunks, druggies and homeless who can be easily swayed with a bribe. Those numbers are in the 100's of thousands at the most. The people in the opposition number in the 10's of millions.

After 30 years of this treatment, and with the economy the way it is, and the stolen election and the aftershocks of 1999 student protests, it ain't surprising that the regime's time is now almost up!

Mahdi's account seems perfectly plausible, and those that flea Iran are worth listening to, as they provide us with accurate details. What he is saying should be no surprise to anyone who has followed this closely at least since June, and you would have seen almost visibly the signs of the collapse, and now the inevitable total collapse over the next few months.

The Chinese may not want a democracy in Iran, and they'll supply the armoured vehicles and weapons to try and counter any opposition and support the regime. But in the end it will only cause more bloodshed, that they'll be partly responsible for, and lead to a quicker collapse, but with further consequences for all.

I think the Chinese are more likely to back the regime than Russia to an extent of supplying weapons & armour, but neither will actually send their own forces to intervene, and neither should the west or Israel. The west should not recognise Ahmadinejad as the president, and support the opposition groups as much as possible without joining them.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

His thoiughts on Israel surprised me as well.

Most Iranian's don't hate the west or Israel, and most just want a normal co-existence with all other nations. Even some former members of the revolutionary guards who flee Iran wish the same.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

new topics

top topics

join