It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to seti@home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hola everyone,
I just dl'd SETI@HOME and the monitor. I must say I'm a little overwhelmed with all the info im trying to read (manual, etc.) It's up and running fine (I think). Anywho, I was seeking out some sage advice from the people who have been at this for awhile. I'll take any knowledge, hints etc I can get to make this learning curve a little easier to navigate. So please feel free to fire away-I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Lyth

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Lythium]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lythium
.... I'll take any knowledge, hints etc I can get to make this learning curve a little easier to navigate. So please feel free to fire away-I'm all ears....

Hi Lythium!!

Thanx for joining the ATS SETI@home team and for "donating" your computer(s) to this awesome programe!!

As regards acquiring knowledge, etc, can I recommend that you browse the Index please? As you'll understand, there are very few things that haven't been discussed here, whether ways of getting SETI@home to run as efficiently as possible, what typical signals might look like, why we chose to run the program or whatever. I'm sure you will find it useful - and, hopefully - there will be somethings of interest too?

However, if you need any further help, advice or guidance, please don't hesitate to ask!!

Thank you again Lythium!!

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I really like seti, it is not a waste of time or computer resources, so, for science, it is deffinetly worth it!

join